AI choices when making 5

Options
Moon Roach
Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
My searching of the forum hasn't found anything discussing this, so perhaps the question hasn't been asked.

When the AI is presented with a layout like this:

abaa
cade
fagh

it has never swapped b with the a to its left, it's always swapped b with the a below to make a line of 4. I'm glad it does, it prevents an extra move, but why does it do that? Is it a bug or intentional?

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:
    My searching of the forum hasn't found anything discussing this, so perhaps the question hasn't been asked.

When the AI is presented with a layout like this:

abaa
    cade
    fagh

it has never swapped b with the a to its left, it's always swapped b with the a below to make a line of 4. I'm glad it does, it prevents an extra move, but why does it do that? Is it a bug or intentional?

From what I have read, it is intentional. We can't have a smart AI and MMR together. We'd stand no chance at all. icon_lol.gif
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It doesn't make L or T shaped 5s. And be thankful for that because the AI would be ruthless in that case.

Got wiped out last night on the brink of victory because the AI got a 5 which cascaded into another 5, both colours they could use instantly...and did so...and murdered me with two characters at near full health ¬¬
  • Unknown
    Options
    It doesn't make L or T shaped 5s. And be thankful for that because the AI would be ruthless in that case.

Got wiped out last night on the brink of victory because the AI got a 5 which cascaded into another 5, both colours they could use instantly...and did so...and murdered me with two characters at near full health ¬¬
    HATE when that happens. Especially when it's a green for Daken. It's like a magnifying glass in the sun... it just melts my team.