** Storm (Classic) **

Comments

• dmendro wrote:
    C-Storm's best skill is really her blue stun skill. Really Tempest is worthless now. She's not goign to last long enough in a battle to use it where it does any good damage. IT is best off to move to some sort of passive buff. Like, 200 damage at top end every time the enemy matches green or something like tat (take that Rag!)

Easily, and the double shot tourney should show that. I can easily take down a 10k+ with a thor, mid lvl storm and mid lvl ironman 40 team. Stun 4 turn. Grab yellow grab yellow. Use recharge. Make matches that don't destroy the recharge tiles. Recharge occurs. Enough blue to restun. Use a Thor red. Match until ironman is available again. Recharge and repeat the cycle. Plus she is doing some pretty strong damage with each cast as well that hits everyone else. Def tempest is worthless now...just a little irritating is all. I still kill her first. Offensively its pretty useless as well, but at least if you keep her at low health (she usually doesn't have the strongest tiles) you have a CHANCE for her decent buffed version to pop out. I think she honestly should have had the ap charge toned down instead of straight removed. 1 ap at lvl 3. 2 ap at level 5. Without the ap it just..isn't worth going past 3 in.
  • I was thinking about this on the drive to work. What if you 'tanked' your team by entering a few battles and then retreated (and reducing your overall HP each time). Uniformly bringing every hero down to less than 50%. Then enter a battle and use your weakest hero for 'bait'.

Wouldn't her tempest then behave in the old way?
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    I was thinking about this on the drive to work. What if you 'tanked' your team by entering a few battles and then retreated (and reducing your overall HP each time). Uniformly bringing every hero down to less than 50%. Then enter a battle and use your weakest hero for 'bait'.

Wouldn't her tempest then behave in the old way?

Yes, but only for damage. She wouldn't generate red AP. Also, you still can't use the free character that heals automatically. So you will have to use medkits. It isn't as spamable.
  • Yea, but most people have 10-12 worthless, low level characters on their rosters that essentially are the same thing.

You'd probably have to bring boosts +3 AP and +3 Blue/Purple in order to quickly launch off a AOE attack if needed.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    I fought against a Storm team in the Thor tournament. Prior to the patch, wiping out a Storm team was fairly effortless for my Rags, Mags, Spidey, Daken, IM40, Wolverine teams -- cycle her to the front, wipe her out, then clean up.

I very nearly got wiped out by her this time, and my levels were double the opponents. Spidey was dropped to 40 hit points, and Magneto and Thor had their hit points halved. Only some luck and very careful playing let me win that battle.

She's stronger on defense now.
  • She's stronger on defense now.

Yup, that's what I've been saying. I like to load up the board with Wolverine's strike tiles, but if you don't have a big attack to wipe her in one go, it can be a problem. So if that's what they wanted, to make fighting her more annoying, so every match didn't begin with squashing her flat, then this change is successful.
  • Misguided wrote:

Yup, that's what I've been saying. I like to load up the board with Wolverine's strike tiles, but if you don't have a big attack to wipe her in one go, it can be a problem. So if that's what they wanted, to make fighting her more annoying, so every match didn't begin with squashing her flat, then this change is successful.
    I still squash her flat first.
  • Ranzera wrote:

I squash her when I can one shot her or stun her enough to not worry about her yellow. Otherwise you're losing up to a thousand health on each hero. Maybe not an issue if you have a spidey that can heal easily enough.

But really she's not much of a threat if you leave her alone. The only real danger is her blue -- but I can usually kill her before the AI gathers enough blue for it to be an issue.
  • Ranzera wrote:
    Misguided wrote:

Yeah, her max HP is still fairly low, so after matching a few tiles on her I usually unleash a power just to be done with her. Funny enough, I find Storm's own blue power is great for this. Takes care of her, throw some damage on the others, and dish out a stun on Thor (or whoever) right around the time they have enough AP to unleash a damaging power. I really only get hit by the counter if I trigger a cascade or something... in which case I'm not really in a position to complain. And since her teammates are still at full HP, the chip damage isn't even that bad. Really, as a C. Storm user, I was more worried back when the passives would do enough damage to keep triggering each other until one Storm fell. Usually that meant a team visit to the health kit stash.
  • Ok so all I'm gonna say is I just forgot to heal my Thor in his event and went in at like 500 health vs a lvl 85 Thor and a few other good 2*.

I had my c storm lvl 50ish and my rag lvl 60ish. I gathered 9 red ap and went to town. From the time I started this I immediately paired enough to get like 18 green ap. With 5 green on storm this broke quite a few tiles. Rag was filled and slinging more red and eventually storm got her blue also. I didn't take a single other hit. I think c storm still works very very well offensively and when paired with rag made rag even more self sustaining than before.

Much better than before when like mentioned above had c storm cs c storm blowouts. I think the devs have done a great job turning her I to what she should be. A great support cover, something needed as much as the tanks.

Defensively quite a waste. Super easy to destroy.
  • I totally agree with the last message.

I paired mine with my Black Widow Gery suit, and it is amazing.

With the pink ability of Black Widow, I can generate a great amount of green tiles, and with the green capacity of C. Storm, I can generate a lot of other tiles.
    When I see the pink bar of my Black Widow full, it usually means that the fight is nearly over.

Black Widow Pink ability
    C. Storm Green ability (one or two times)
    Black Widow Pink ability (if the bar is full anew)

And meanwhile, my Blue, Red, and yellow bars are full for C. Storm ability (the blue one) or Iron Man Model 40 Blue or Red or Yellow ability (a great amount of damages)
  • Poor Storm... also kinda annoyed that I went through so much effort to max out Raging Tempest only to have this happen.
  • Cobra wrote:
    Poor Storm... also kinda annoyed that I went through so much effort to max out Raging Tempest only to have this happen.

Yeah tempest is the obvious choice for the 3 at this point
  • Cobra wrote:
    Poor Storm... also kinda annoyed that I went through so much effort to max out Raging Tempest only to have this happen.
    If this happen to ragnarok and magneto classic. Speechless
  • Gah. In the Lightning Rounds, where Ragnarok is buffed, it turns out that his red match does enough damage that a level 102 Rag hitting c.Storm will trigger Tempest on a normal match of 3 red.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just had a mid-level IM40 use Ballistic Salvo against my team. It hurt bad, knocked Grey Widow out and stunned Thor, and then my still standing Classic Storm launched the 736-point version of Raging Tempest THREE TIMES. It was beautiful.
  • Yeah my storm has been sitting in the 50's for a while even though I use her a ton. I'm running 5/3/5 and after some matches end it's just like wow storm c, you deserve a level, here you go. Lol. Love her
  • Maybe I missed this somewhere but if I have a character that's like 30-40% health and Thor or someone comes in and 1 shots him with thunder strike it doesn't seem to set off storm C's ability. Has any1 else noticed this or am I getting it wrong?
  • Assuming you don't mean Storm, it should work as far as I know. You sure they had above 20% health remaining?
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    In the tourneys and lightning rounds, C. Storm is now one of the characters I shy away from.

She always manages to hurt all my characters, usually multiple times. Other characters, like Rags/Mags/Spidey, I can usually keep them docile.

Fortunately, she doesn't dominate the tourney's like she used to. Previously, she gave an easy win against an AI. Now she makes things painful for everyone.