point loss in events

I love these developers. They really listen to us ! I am at #2 in weekend event and seem not to loose soo many points when I get attacked. I think it is changed to 50%. Did not see that in the update notes. Thank you guys !

Comments

• ArchJojo wrote:
    I love these developers. They really listen to us ! I am at #2 in weekend event and seem not to loose soo many points when I get attacked. I think it is changed to 50%. Did not see that in the update notes. Thank you guys !

I've also noticed this but assumed that since I haven't hit "The Arena" hard yet (hovering around 70th place currently in my bracket), that maybe I was just lucking out. If they did change it, that is welcome news. icon_e_smile.gif
  • I'm pretty certain in the recently concluded Avengers tourney, I was still getting hit for 30-40 points. In the Arena Tourney, you can still find targets to hit for 30-40 points as well.
  • You can hit them for 30-40 pts, but they don't lose that many points.

I've noticed that I'm losing <25 points to people who are ranked below me (and they're certainly gaining >25 pts). It's not a 50% cut, but it's an improvement at least.
  • I'll just leave this here...Nothings changed icon_e_sad.gif

k1eMqKJl.png
  • Yes, thats proof. Ya dunt loose the 20 + points. While your opponents fo gain more...
  • Zathrus wrote:
    You can hit them for 30-40 pts, but they don't lose that many points.

I've noticed that I'm losing <25 points to people who are ranked below me (and they're certainly gaining >25 pts). It's not a 50% cut, but it's an improvement at least.

Really? I'll need to confirm this. The Arena tourney was released before the Avengers tourney ended, and I certainly was hit for 30-40 points in the latter. Unless there was a sneak change after that.
  • ArchJojo wrote:
    Yes, thats proof. Ya dunt loose the 20 + points. While your opponents fo gain more...

How do you know his opponents gained more than what's shown?
  • ZzzWolph wrote:
    How do you know his opponents gained more than what's shown?

Actually it's easy to prove. Just look for someone on the ranking, see how many points he/she has, then check the amount of points you can get with a victory.

After the battle, check again on the ranking table to see how many points your opponent has lost. See if it's the same... I haven't done this yet, but this is how to go about it.
  • Remind me not to post things like this no more. I get smacked down for 30+ at the moment.
  • Yeah, I don't see any change in the mechanics. Simply put, if you are low down in the rankings, you're not going to lose many points. Dare to move near the top, you're there to shoot at, because you're worth more icon_twisted.gif
  • ArchJojo wrote:
    Remind me not to post things like this no more. I get smacked down for 30+ at the moment.

i hope ur username isn't archangel cuz an archangel just attacked me and i'm going to smack him down to hell
  • Nope I use the same. ArchJojo....
  • It's really a little weird that everyone is friendly on the boards, but things turn absolute cut-throat in-game icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Bombul wrote:
    It's really a little weird that everyone is friendly on the boards, but things turn absolute cut-throat in-game icon_rolleyes.gif

Lol well that's just the nature of the game; I'm sure most people on here have fought me but I don't take it personal. This is a PvP game with no incentives for avoiding combat that you can win. Also since you can't specifically search out an opponent, no one can grief anyone else which keeps (me at least) from getting upset as its all random. icon_e_smile.gif
  • There is a serious point problem every time I win, I loss some point or added random amount of point qithout being attacked. E.g if I defeat this player I will earn 24 points, I have 975. After the battle the point show I have 999 point but when return to the pvp map it turn 998. And there was once with out being attack I was 1025 and no one attack me when I refresh the points it suddenly drop 997 suddenly 993 there is no red alert of people attacking me. The point lossing and earning for the weekend tournament have bug or something.
  • hogunner wrote:
    Bombul wrote:
    It's really a little weird that everyone is friendly on the boards, but things turn absolute cut-throat in-game icon_rolleyes.gif

Lol well that's just the nature of the game; I'm sure most people on here have fought me but I don't take it personal. This is a PvP game with no incentives for avoiding combat that you can win. Also since you can't specifically search out an opponent, no one can grief anyone else which keeps (me at least) from getting upset as its all random. icon_e_smile.gif

Actually, you can search out people and attack them, given that you're in a certain range of points. For this previous tournament that just concluded, I had a guy in my bracket attack me 4 times within the last hour. That's a bit personal I'd say.

When you reach a certain point range (usually towards the very top), you will ALWAYS see the same opponents. I've skipped 10+ times in a row and saw the same 3 or so names over and over.
  • ZzzWolph wrote:
    hogunner wrote:
    Bombul wrote:

Actually, you can search out people and attack them, given that you're in a certain range of points. For this previous tournament that just concluded, I had a guy in my bracket attack me 4 times within the last hour. That's a bit personal I'd say.

When you reach a certain point range (usually towards the very top), you will ALWAYS see the same opponents. I've skipped 10+ times in a row and saw the same 3 or so names over and over.

I still wouldn't call that griefing as the game mechanics still dictate whose name shows up; you have no way of attacking someone that doesn't fit that equation. And while 4x an hour might be excessive, that speaks more towards what is broken in the current tournament points system than it does about any one player. icon_e_smile.gif
  • ZzzWolph wrote:

While it might be personal, but like you said the same few people always appear in a match-up. If you happen to be considered easy prey with good points, I'm sure that guy will hit you more than once as long as your name keeps appearing. I've done it myself, and while I felt apologetic, there was this guy (NOT YOU, I repeat icon_neutral.gif ) that offered good points with what I considered a doable team lineup. And... his team kept turning up in my list. But usually after the second time, I'll try not to attack him, at least for a while.

That said, there have been personal cases like you mentioned. You can really breed enmity in this game, and I've had people actively search me out for a hunt in a different tourney, even when I offered **** points. I know because I recognised the offender, and it was someone whom I hit more than 3 times in a row many moons ago. He was probably still upset.
  • Aiolia wrote:
    There is a serious point problem every time I win, I loss some point or added random amount of point qithout being attacked. E.g if I defeat this player I will earn 24 points, I have 975. After the battle the point show I have 999 point but when return to the pvp map it turn 998. And there was once with out being attack I was 1025 and no one attack me when I refresh the points it suddenly drop 997 suddenly 993 there is no red alert of people attacking me. The point lossing and earning for the weekend tournament have bug or something.

I've noticed this too. I've seen it go both ways though. I'll sometimes have more points than the win screen says I have.
  • Dninot
    Dninot Posts: 214
    Bombul wrote:
    ZzzWolph wrote:
    That said, there have been personal cases like you mentioned. You can really breed enmity in this game, and I've had people actively search me out for a hunt in a different tourney, even when I offered **** points. I know because I recognised the offender, and it was someone whom I hit more than 3 times in a row many moons ago. He was probably still upset.

Honestly I might have attacked the same person 200 times by now and I would never know it. I only look at the username for a few reasons.

1. To see if they are anybody I recognize from the forum (I would still attack)
    2. If they have an amusing name (I would still attack)

And in either case, I would attack multiple times if the points were right for me. I have no remorse if I'm abusing the same person over and over again.