Alliance Chat bugs

Options
I posted this on a different thread but wanted to raise this here as well.

The chat autoscroll is behaving erratically.

sometimes it will not autoscroll at all (as intended)

sometimes it will autoscroll by one line. not terrible but can be jarring when you are trying to read something. I think this is due to the way the chat item list is written, a new message gets pushed into an array and if it's full, the last message gets removed. This causes all the indices to be changed by 1 and the messages all shift down.

sometimes it will still autoscroll back to the top when a new message comes in. Not sure about repro but it might have something to do with scrolling the list while a new message comes through.

also, there is an issue with the most recent message not being shown sometimes. I can tell someone left a message because the alert comes up but I have to actually send my own message for it to be visible (with my message not being visible until the next person chats)

All these problems seem to be sporadic and may only come up after the chat windows has been used for a while.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Alliance chat is not working if using Swiftkey. It will only show 1 letter. I had to switch to Google Keyboard or the default Samsung one. I tried and failed using Swiftkey on my Nexus 7 (2012) and my Samsung GS3 (US Verizon). Not sure where else to report this bug.
  • Unknown
    Options
    rxgadget wrote:
    Alliance chat is not working if using Swiftkey. It will only show 1 letter. I had to switch to Google Keyboard or the default Samsung one. I tried and failed using Swiftkey on my Nexus 7 (2012) and my Samsung GS3 (US Verizon). Not sure where else to report this bug.
    Swiftkey on Note 3 has similar results. Worked using Samsung keyboard. Would rather not have to switch back and forth, but will if I have to.