**** Wolverine (X-Force) **** [PRE 2015-04]

Comments

• With 'The Best There Is' tourney running, I've dusted off my almost useless 4* Wolverine again.

I though of a slight alteration to his Yellow power that would be interesting:

Yellow - Last Stand
    Wolverine's healing ability kicks in. Creates a 5 turn countdown tile that heals for x damage, and another x for every yellow AP.....
    If the enemy matches the countdown tile Wolverine gets tinykitty and the enemy takes damage equal to the amount that Wolverine would have healed.
  • that would make that legendary ... LEGEN.... wait for it !
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shorter suggestion: Make 4* Wolverine's yellow skill not awful. Somehow. Anyhow.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Very curious how they will redo XForce, my guess is they will have him something like Patch and Astonishing now. My thought is they are going to either dump his healing CD tiles, or...make them a lot shorter if they do, I'm voting they scrap it and do a combination of Astonishing where you have to match to heal, but like Patch where he can heal all the time intead of below 50%. I can see green do limited damage but generate more strike tiles, and all red's appear to be similar, at least that's what I am hoping for.
    I like the yellow idea, and it's easily tweaked for balance, but it would be nice if all the Wolverine's had totally different healing mechanics. Just… not with countdowns.

Wait, I've got it! They should swap yellow skills between 3* and 4* Wolverine! I hate Patch anyway.
  • Pulled 2 X-forces today from tokens. 1 from a Heroic token and 1 from the event token. He's currently 0/1/1 haha.

First 2 X-forces I've seen. Now IW, on the other hand, I've pulled 6 times.
  • DayvBang wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Very curious how they will redo XForce, my guess is they will have him something like Patch and Astonishing now. My thought is they are going to either dump his healing CD tiles, or...make them a lot shorter if they do, I'm voting they scrap it and do a combination of Astonishing where you have to match to heal, but like Patch where he can heal all the time intead of below 50%. I can see green do limited damage but generate more strike tiles, and all red's appear to be similar, at least that's what I am hoping for.
    I like the yellow idea, and it's easily tweaked for balance, but it would be nice if all the Wolverine's had totally different healing mechanics. Just… not with countdowns.

Wait, I've got it! They should swap yellow skills between 3* and 4* Wolverine! I hate Patch anyway.

Since his health is so crazy high healing under 60-70% would make more sense here than on astonishing. His red needs to either do massive damage or gain ap. This guys according to his cover is leader of assassin squad. He needs a deadly attack. Like decapitate.
  • Been leveling XF up now since I have reached 13 covers. I'm on the fence about his red though. Current build is 5/4/4 to maintain tile overwrite and give the most out of healing without being on an obscene cd tile.

The decision that is giving me pause though is should I give up a rank in yellow to put into red for the full 3 line of destruction?

Here is the way I see the two different ranks going:

With r4: I get the ability to destroy two rows with destroying the selected tile in the middle, which causes some amount of board manipulation, often causing another match 3, and on occasion a match 4 or 5, after the tile destruction.

With r5: I get the increased damage on the ability and another row of tile destruction at the cost of some board manipulation. However, with the way tiles have a tendency to drop on this game, a greater likelihood of 3-5 of a kinds increases, but that becomes a matter of luck.

Anyone care to lend some insight into how they built/ plan on building their's?
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    5/4/4 is the easiest to respec if they ever buff him icon_e_smile.gif
  • Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah I'm 553 and pretty tired of waiting for him to be useful. I mean at least iw would have some niche uses without spidey and mags but this char is straight up useless and the xforce comic series with him is phenomenal.
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Some ideas of mine:

(green) x-force should have a damage component to it. Also, I think the slash size should remain 3x3, with upgrades increase strike tile damage.

I think red is fine, but probably needs a damage boost. Perhaps it could generate attack tiles too (enemy is bleeding out from the slash? ). This would make him quite a one man army like Punisher, which I think could be cool and make wolvie 4* good.

For yellow, Maybe there should be an initial heal amount. Also, the max level should decrease countdown to 2 instead of what it's doing now.
    Or, perhaps have an initial heal and a human torch style CD that activates every turn, regenerating life for 4* wolvie as long as CD is up. I think this is an interesting twist on the passive heals the other wolvies have.
  • eidehua wrote:
    For yellow, Maybe there should be an initial heal amount. Also, the max level should decrease countdown to 2 instead of what it's doing now.
    Or, perhaps have an initial heal and a human torch style CD that activates every turn, regenerating life for 4* wolvie as long as CD is up. I think this is an interesting twist on the passive heals the other wolvies have.
    Might be more interesting as a passive, actually. Something like Hulk's Anger, where it creates a 2-3 turn countdown tile that heals him when he takes more than some percentage of his max health in damage. Or maybe it tries to create a countdown tile if he's below 50% and there isn't one already out, sort of like those mooks that try to explode when they're below 50% health.
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Muspel wrote:
    Might be more interesting as a passive, actually. Something like Hulk's Anger, where it creates a 2-3 turn countdown tile that heals him when he takes more than some percentage of his max health in damage. Or maybe it tries to create a countdown tile if he's below 50% and there isn't one already out, sort of like those mooks that try to explode when they're below 50% health.
    Yeah, that would be interesting too. Not sure if that would make the ability better or worse than Patch's. I guess numbers can always be tuned.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does the extra row for red do more damage? I pulled a yellow and a considering respeccing from 553 to make it easier to adjust builds whenever he gets fun balanced like.... A year from now at this rate
  • Personally he is the coolest roster in MPQ and making him as 4* is brilliant.

But there have to be a better reason to make him worth to play for it need tremendous cost of ISO and HP to power him @max level.

Wonder why lot of ppl have him but only several build/cap him (prolly becoz that person have no other char to maxed out).

IMHO,currently he's nothing but a puny expensive roster and easy to kill, reasons are below :
    1. Very low health : compare with LT 141 max health 8.7K, his 9.3K HP @230 is puny.
    Means,the level gap between them is 89 and hp cost needed from 141 to 230 around 180K, but he get only 600 more health from it, lol.
    2. Very low tile powers : his max tile power damage only 70 (green) = 210 damage per match. Well, OBW P/B/Bl match deals more damage, that's pretty shame have to compare with 2*, lol.
    3. Expensive skill cost (G/R) : 15ap for each G/R skill is costly especially green. And none of those skill worth plenty damage compares to other char.
    Red Damage only deals 2.3K thats kinda lame compare with cmags P @12, LT G @14.
    4. No Passive Heal : Countdown tiles? This make him even "punier". Every wolverine type chars should have passive healing factor (no excuse, sorry dude).
    Don't care how much HP healed (100%,1000%) it's useless. The most countdown used in the game prolly Hulk "Anger" and mnmags "Magnetic Flux", simply because countdown to 1.

My suggestions to make him worth his title :
    1. Give more health : around 12K-15K or more.
    2. Give more tile powers : 100-150 or more.
    3. Lowers G/R skill cost :
    - G : could be fixed 12 for every build or starting from 15 down to 12 starting from lvl 2 green
    - R : same above for ap cost and more damage or entirely new skill.
    4. Passive healing factor, could be same like patch or starting from lvl 4 yellow.

Trio Falcon, Gold Daken and X-Force would be perfect, imo.
    (Business Purpose) : If D3 fix him,i bet lot of ppl would spend money for him, both ISO and HP.

Finally,until he got buffed, he's a Puny-Force (P-Force), not worth to build, not scary enough to hit skip button when u met him, lmao.
  • X-Force Wolvie has been on the devs' short list to buff for several months now. He needs it, badly.
  • They will probably do it when more people have had access to all the covers, so that they can max him.

Otherwise it is a vicious circle : the best players who could get the covers in the past would be even more competitive, dominating the others players with no possibility to go up rankings.

EDIT : It must be A LOT MORE Iso from level 141 to 230. 220 to 230 is 4k per level. I guess you can count something like 250k Iso at least.
  • arktos1971 wrote:
    They will probably do it when more people have had access to all the covers, so that they can max him.

Otherwise it is a vicious circle : the best players who could get the covers in the past would be even more competitive, dominating the others players with no possibility to go up rankings.

EDIT : It must be A LOT MORE Iso from level 141 to 230. 220 to 230 is 4k per level. I guess you can count something like 250k Iso at least.

290,155 ISO according to the Iso spend calculator from 141 to 230.
  • tobi69 wrote:
    1. Very low health : compare with LT 141 max health 8.7K, his 9.3K HP @230 is puny.
    Means,the level gap between them is 89 and hp cost needed from 141 to 230 around 180K, but he get only 600 more health from it, lol.

Worse, he has 500 less hp than maxed 3star Hulk (9.8k) icon_lol.gif

... icon_neutral.gif Oh... I made myself sad.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    tobi69 wrote:
    The most countdown used in the game prolly Hulk "Anger" and mnmags "Magnetic Flux", simply because countdown to 1.

Cap's shield counters are useful, because they can be put in places that might be safe for a few turns. Use them all the time in my Caps+Hood team.
    Human Torch's green countdown is quite good.
  • tobi69 wrote:
    The most countdown used in the game prolly Hulk "Anger" and mnmags "Magnetic Flux", simply because countdown to 1.

Cap's shield counters are useful, because they can be put in places that might be safe for a few turns. Use them all the time in my Caps+Hood team.
    Human Torch's green countdown is quite good.

Rite, using Cap's shield u even justify how to counter his yellow skill.

Falcon+Father and son duet in one team, i bet his blacksuit father will drop first, lol.

Conversation after fighting Falcon/LDak/LCap.
    P-Force : "Cough*.. tell our boss not to fight against steve, can't barely heal!"
    LDaken : "Geez dad ur a 4*..u so weak, i have passive heal n passive strike!"
    P-Force : "Shut up boy! it's good for business n ppl still fighting over me on pvp!"
    Falcon : "next time, better team up with ur stepdad (patch) boy"
This discussion has been closed.