Matchmaking showing same opponent time after time after time

IceIX, can you PLEASE get someone to look into this? I was just attacked by the same person (MerC) 3 (oh, now 4 while writing this post) times in a row. I haven't retaliated (until now). I've lost 100 points from those three (now four, so even more) attacks.

If Matchmaking is showing a small list of opponents then it's simply BROKEN. Amongst all the other issues it has. Maybe prevent attacking the same person more than once in some decent time period? I know I've used this as well, but I'd rather see it gone entirely for fairness.

Not going to make my goal this tournament. Really quite pissed off about it too. I needed that yellow Spidey.

Comments

• Unknown
    edited December 2013
    I think one of the issues is that we got what we asked for. Do you still see 200 rank point matches now that you're 900+? Me neither and you can bet they can't see us either. I've noticed this since R43 went in.

We're seeing the consequences of too many filters, few results.
  • Ranzera wrote:
    I think one of the issues is that we got what we asked for. Do you still see 43 rank point matches now that you're 900+? Mr neither and you can bet they can't see us either. I've noticed this since R43 went in.

perhaps not 43 rank points matches, but I still get hit by people under 400 points when I have over 900(0!!!).

It's not as bad as it used to be (like when you would only find the same 5 people over and over and over), but you can still certainly target a single player and hit them multiple times in a row.
  • I think that happens because you wind up in an elite league that few people are in to begin with. Last night wasn't fun only seeing forum posters available to attack icon_e_sad.gif
  • Ranzera wrote:
    I think that happens because you wind up in an elite league that few people are in to begin with. Last night wasn't fun only seeing forum posters available to attack icon_e_sad.gif

I simply refuse to believe that, in a game with 50k+ players, and a tourney with 5k+ players (based on numbers IceIX has given) that the matchmaking is limited to a dozen or so names.

But you are right -- I haven't seen any 0 point matches, or even many below 10. That IS an improvement.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ranzera wrote:
    I think one of the issues is that we got what we asked for. Do you still see 200 rank point matches now that you're 900+? Me neither and you can bet they can't see us either. I've noticed this since R43 went in.

This was when I was tanking during the lightning rounds, with only like 50 points
    IMG_0026_zpsfebfa222.jpg
  • Zathrus wrote:
    I simply refuse to believe that, in a game with 50k+ players, and a tourney with 5k+ players (based on numbers IceIX has given) that the matchmaking is limited to a dozen or so names.

I dunno, I could see it happening when you take into account that many people are just playing to get the easiest rewards (then stopping) and the more serious players are spread out throughout the world playing at different times throughout the day.

Personally, I like the current system. I'm not hitting skip 20 times until I find an opponent worthy of challenging. Usually in 2-4 skips I find someone.
  • Maybe they could keep track of, say the last five people you attacked. Then you could get the same person after you had attacked five other players and the name got clear off the list, but not hit the same person repeatedly.
  • That happened to me too. I got hit 5 times in a row by the same person (not a forum poster). icon_evil.gif
  • Ranzera wrote:

And after having some more time to think about it I agree that you have it spot on. It's nearly impossible to get a completely worthless matchup now. So they clearly tweaked the matchmaking algorithm, something I'd previously asked (begged) for. And I'm sure they'll continue tweaking it. So despite my rant, color me happy.