1131415161719»

Comments

• Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mizake wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:
    Mizake wrote:
    I think it's just a wider MMR range now. When I go from 200-800ish, I can usually skip around and find targets worth 40+ all the time. I don't have them saved up from before.

Sure, but when you're in the 600's making your climb, you're not finding multiple people with 1000 points (I know I'm not). It's more likely your finding a few people in the low to mid-800's to gain those 37-41 points and many more people within 100 points of your current position.

Those times you find someone that is 400+ points ahead of you is very, very rare. I would assume its by design in order to help people make a climb so they don't get stuck in rut slugging it out with the same people in their point range.

Stop moving the goal posts Toxi icon_lol.gif I said 200+ points, not 250+ and not 400+. The main point being you can find plenty of matches worth 40+ points on your initial climb up, and this is new. Previously after Ghast tanking you would have to slog through a ton of 10-20 points matches until you hit about 600-700. Now right off the bat you can find people about 200 points above you that are worth 40+ points. You can go from 0-600 in about 15-20 matches now, ignoring retals. The early climb goes much quicker now.
    Having a metric ton of trivial matches was half the point of ghast tanking!! for the iSO
  • Unknown
    Options
    Oh trust me, I miss it dearly. Getting all that ISO through the early stages was part of the fun. Just like with old LR tanking.

Kind of shows you where Demiurge's priorities are at.

Spidey needs re-tuning because he's completely breaking PvE? Let's take a few months to carefully think this over and nerf him when we are good and ready.

Ghast tanking leading to players gaming the system and getting too much ISO? OH MY GOD, EVERYONE WORKS THIS WEEKEND, WE ARE RELEASING A HOT FIX FOR THIS TOMORROW.
  • GumisK
    GumisK Posts: 372 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Wow, that was utter madness. I finished 11th, with 1023 points. One single point short of tenth place. I guess I could have grinded a bit more icon_rolleyes.gif
  • fedlex20
    fedlex20 Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Want to see a photo-finish?

c8um.jpg

100pts between 10th and 1st.
  • Unknown
    Options
    GumisK wrote:
    Wow, that was utter madness. I finished 11th, with 1023 points. One single point short of tenth place. I guess I could have grinded a bit more icon_rolleyes.gif

Tough luck there, njark messed up shielding (or wasn't happy to pay up) and fell out but last second managed to win in time and 1 pts above you. But we had over 20 really strong roster players you really could have expected your position shaky. Guess if you just played 1 game in the last 5 minutes that would be well enough.
  • gambl0r312
    gambl0r312 Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    GumisK wrote:

You want utter madness? I finished in 11th place TIED with the 10th place @ 1040! (I never dropped shields for fear of the Zombie Horde taking me out) And this placement was only because someone lost to me for a defensive win of +4 pts, therefore I reached 10th place AFTER whoever was already there, as now the system automatically boots you down a placement if you reach any score after someone else (rightly so I figure).

I started out in 5th place when I first put the shields on 8 hours previously, thinking "I'll at least get Top 10-something" Well it's safe no longer!
    pasa_ wrote:
    GumisK wrote:

Tough luck there, njark messed up shielding (or wasn't happy to pay up) and fell out but last second managed to win in time and 1 pts above you. But we had over 20 really strong roster players you really could have expected your position shaky. Guess if you just played 1 game in the last 5 minutes that would be well enough.

Same with my bracket and playing "just one more game",
    But here I was also thinking "Better shield up before the hits come flying in" and one DID come in right after which would have been for -40.

Hard to tell sometimes, sometimes it's a gamble....
  • GumisK
    GumisK Posts: 372 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:
    GumisK wrote:

I know, today I just couldn't play in the last hours, RL kicked in, so I could only hope the points accumulated earlier would win me top 10. They didn't, no hard feelings. This was a real competition today, tough as nails, and the way I see it, it was possible to end up anywhere between 25th and 5th with a single mistake or an unlucky loss. There are more important things, I've just crashed my car today, so one Falcon cover less isn't worrying or upsetting in comparison icon_razz.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    gambl0r312 wrote:
    GumisK wrote:

You want utter madness? I finished in 11th place TIED with the 10th place @ 1040! (I never dropped shields for fear of the Zombie Horde taking me out) And this placement was only because someone lost to me for a defensive win of +4 pts, therefore I reached 10th place AFTER whoever was already there, as now the system automatically boots you down a placement if you reach any score after someone else (rightly so I figure).

I started out in 5th place when I first put the shields on 8 hours previously, thinking "I'll at least get Top 10-something" Well it's safe no longer!
    pasa_ wrote:
    GumisK wrote:

But here I was also thinking "Better shield up before the hits come flying in" and one DID come in right after which would have been for -40.

You can try contacting CS for this. I know a while back someone in similar situation (IIRC: ended #2 with same amount of pts as #1) contacted CS and got the rewards for #1 as well.
  • gambl0r312
    gambl0r312 Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    You can try contacting CS for this. I know a while back someone in similar situation (IIRC: ended #2 with same amount of pts as #1) contacted CS and got the rewards for #1 as well.

Thanks for the advice, Emeryt! Will try it and see what comes of it...
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    GumisK wrote:

Guess I was lucky then. In our bracket, I finished 5th with 1071 points. I didn't get to play at all the last 4 hours or so before it ended, so was surprised.
  • Unknown
    Options
    gambl0r312 wrote:
    GumisK wrote:

pasa_ wrote:
    GumisK wrote:

Yeah, I had a bad beat on that this tournament for the first time in ages, shielded and then discovered I got 3 hits for -70 or so which took effect BEFORE the shield. Annoying.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ye, sticking your neck out by the end was a recipe for being beaten to a pulp. I was lucky enough to pop out and shield and only lose three matches or so, but my poor shield generator is still looking at me funny.
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Was making a push up to 3rd in my bracket before shielding with 4-5 hours to go. Come out of the last battle before shield and find I've been hit for 30 by Jachdo. I'm low on health packs and expect he'll probably do so again, so burn the 8 hour shield at a lower level then I wanted to, leaving me in 6th. Sure enough hit by him again 5 minutes later.

Checked back in with 30 min to go finding myself outside of 10th, even though I'd won 4 consecutive defenses for some points. Unshielded with 10 min to go and moved from 14th to 6th with two wins. Difference between 6th and 11th was 6 points. Crazy bracket.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I thought for a moment that the rewards for this event had bugged or something after I got the non-alliance rewards for this event twice. Seeing 5 Falcon rewards in my roster page from the event was weird:
    I7hE5Fs.png

It turned out someone in the top 5 got sandboxed and moved me from 6th to 5th after the event ended, so the game just sent me the top 5 rewards in addition to the top 10 rewards I already got.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    lol lucky you! I like it when bugs benefit the player icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Watch out, forum members are going to complain that everyone should get extra 5th place rewards to make up for it.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm jelly.
  • Unknown
    Options
    SynGen wrote:
    It turned out someone in the top 5 got sandboxed and moved me from 6th to 5th after the event ended, so the game just sent me the top 5 rewards in addition to the top 10 rewards I already got.

I think I pushed you out of the top 5 in the last minute of the tourney, guess that was more fortunate for you than for me icon_lol.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    gambl0r312 wrote:
    GumisK wrote:

pasa_ wrote:
    GumisK wrote:

That was me and support were pretty quick in resolving this, think I waited 1 day and got rewards for 1st place. I was in the lead and the guy caught up to me in last minute but who got the score first shouldnt matter as you both have the same score
  • Unknown
    Options
    Jester Day wrote:
    Ye, sticking your neck out by the end was a recipe for being beaten to a pulp. I was lucky enough to pop out and shield and only lose three matches or so, but my poor shield generator is still looking at me funny.

I managed the tournament with a single hit that actually lost me points -- but used it for retal as last game before 1st shield so it was about same as playing a low game without hit. That was at -4h. Then played 4 games using 17 minutes to gain some 115 pts 2.5h later and shielded the remaining at #5. One climber overtook for like 2 seconsd then dropped back to #9 and in few minutes disappeared from view completely. A few people climbed into the 6-10 section, I expect there was serious contention just under T10.

Right after shielding several attacks hit both times and a few randomly placed ones.