Who to level up

Unknown
edited December 2013 in MPQ Tips and Guides
I've been playing since almost the game released.

I have been playing lesser these days as I find a lot of things repetitive (plus the wife telling me that I play too much) ...

I find that there is somewhat a population gap in people who have really strong characters and people who use thor and c.storm a lot; I guess I'm getting tired of using them as well ...
I find it's a lot of hard work levelling up without spending real money.

I just want your opinion on who I should level up next:

My roster

IM40 5/4/4 75 ( I should have went with a 5/5/3 build instead)
Spidey 3/2/3 50
Magneto Now 4/5/4 45
Wolverine 3/5/5 45 (I think I messed up with this build)
Grey Widow 4/2/4 43
B. Widow (orig) 3/4 37
Magneto (classic) 1/1/2 15
Moonstone 4/5/2 10
Hawkeye (mod) 5/4/4 6
Cap 3/5/5 9
Wolverine 2/2 6 (trying to get a new build on him)

I have already maxed-out on Thor, C.Storm, IM35, B. Widow (mod) and Venom.

I'm leaning towards levelling up spidey, but I don't find that he works too well with Thor.

I don't think it's worth levelling up my 3/5/5 wolvie anymore, i think his green is his best skill.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance for responding.

Comments

• is that 3 red 5 green 5 yellow? that's his best build if it is. personally, i'd level spidey and grey widow (i use them in a team matched with ragnarok) but that's just my preference. thor goes well with anyone tbh.
  • You have solid 2 star team - Thor and Storm, so you should start concentrating on 3 star characters.

Spidey is one best choices you can make, though you lack blue skill which is arguably his best one and having it maxed out is huge difference. He goes well with almost any team, even Thor. You might use Thor's red to generate yellow for Thor to deal damage or for Spidey to heal your injuries.

Other choices would include IM40, his 4 yellow might not seem great now, but maybe some new characters will have good purple. In fact we already have one, Magneto Classic, but you woul need more covers for him first. Another thing is that IM40 gets buffed a lot now, so he is useful in various events, however, this trend might or might not continue.

Last, but not least Gray Suit, who arguably can also benefit from getting purple AP from recharge. She also gets buffed quite often currently. Try to do well in Double Shot to get missing covers.
  • @forgrim - my wolvie is 3 green, 5 yellow, 5 red; I'm building a new one which is currently at 2 green, 2 red.

Thanks for your quick input guys,

I think I'm going to focus on building spidey then; think eventually I will get his blue covers it just takes so long...
    and with new characters coming along, the chances of me getting his blue are less and less...

Hopefully I can keep the interest in this game going!
  • From your list I would concentrate on Spiderman and Grey Suit Widow, even though you have all the covers for IM40 I am not a big fan of his, he just takes too long to get going and in tournaments you need speed.
  • Nick-Fury wrote:
    From your list I would concentrate on Spiderman and Grey Suit Widow, even though you have all the covers for IM40 I am not a big fan of his, he just takes too long to get going and in tournaments you need speed.

Depends which tournaments. In PVP, true you need speed if you aim high. However, PVE is bit different story. Spidey+IM40 might be slow, but I haven't lost yet an Impossible mission in The Hunt, even after bad start or terrible luck for colours on board. In addition, I always end those with full HP, so I can go pretty much until I get bored or points are not worth it any more.
  • Thanks for the feedback... yeah.. I think I'll go with Spidey for now and hope to get the blue covers.. I'll use him anyway
  • I was lucky enough to get my third blue skill for spidey and what a difference! Can't wait to find the next two... missed out on the widow covers though... thanks again for the tips!