Any other girls who play this?

Comments

• Yep, if you identify as a woman you don't have to have the girl parts to prove it. Application accepted.
  • How about if I identify as an octopus? icon_e_smile.gif
  • dearbluey wrote:
    How about if I identify as an octopus? icon_e_smile.gif
    If you self identify as a female octopus that's fine. Male octopi shouldn't prob be in the "any other girls play?" thread.

(And I take it from your smiley that you're being innocently snarky and not actually mocking the struggle of trans people by compairing it to identifying as a whole other animal species.)
  • LordWill
    LordWill Posts: 341
    My daughter had me create her an alliance called Hero Girlz, so far it looks like all girls in there.

If you are interested, let me know. It's filled at 5 but I think there is a way if you paid for a slot we can get you in.
  • LordWill wrote:
    My daughter had me create her an alliance called Hero Girlz, so far it looks like all girls in there.

If you are interested, let me know. It's filled at 5 but I think there is a way if you paid for a slot we can get you in.

Are you sure it's filled? I looked last night and we were down a member...another heavy hitter would be good but even someone willing to chat on the chat board with me would be great!

Welcome!
  • dearbluey wrote:
    How about if I identify as an octopus? icon_e_smile.gif
    If you self identify as a female octopus that's fine. Male octopi shouldn't prob be in the "any other girls play?" thread.

(And I take it from your smiley that you're being innocently snarky and not actually mocking the struggle of trans people by compairing it to identifying as a whole other animal species.)

You're absolutely right. And thank you for recognizing it as such. I'll bow out here. Rock on, ladies.
  • LordWill
    LordWill Posts: 341
    LordWill wrote:

Are you sure it's filled? I looked last night and we were down a member...another heavy hitter would be good but even someone willing to chat on the chat board with me would be great!

Welcome!

Just added 5 more slots for the alliance for you guys. If you know anyone that would like to join, just have them apply so we can get your alliance rocking and you can show all the guys that girl power!
  • I tried to get my old lady to play, but couldn't. Of course, as time time as I spend with it, she isn't really fond of the game... >.> My boss plays, and his girlfriend didn't bite either.

EDIT: I love that you set your daughter up an all girl alliance, that's an awesome idea, and major cool dad points. icon_e_smile.gif My oldest (9) son plays, but won't listen to me when I give him advice...so he sold most of his characters for points, and spent most of his hero tokens on covers instead of cover spaces. -.- Hopefully, your kiddo takes advice better if/when you try to help her lol
  • GCSobaer wrote:
    I tried to get my old lady to play, but couldn't. Of course, as time time as I spend with it, she isn't really fond of the game... >.> My boss plays, and his girlfriend didn't bite either.

EDIT: I love that you set your daughter up an all girl alliance, that's an awesome idea, and major cool dad points. icon_e_smile.gif My oldest (9) son plays, but won't listen to me when I give him advice...so he sold most of his characters for points, and spent most of his hero tokens on covers instead of cover spaces. -.- Hopefully, your kiddo takes advice better if/when you try to help her lol

Does your wife like Marvel? I never had interest in puzzle quest or bejeweled but I've really liked the marvel movies and the new Hawkeye comic. My love of Clint Barton is what made me want to give the game a try.
  • There are other girls? Huzzah!

I will never forgot the day I realised I was special. I was playing Team Fortress 2 and I said something over the coms and there was an awed response "you're a girl?" Oh boy. Us girl geeks are something. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Tried to get my ex-gf to play it but as soon as she heard the special attack sounds, she said it sounded aggressive and didn't want to even look at it. That being said, she's a judgmental woman, so no go there icon_e_sad.gif
  • dreyat wrote:
    There are other girls? Huzzah!

I will never forgot the day I realised I was special. I was playing Team Fortress 2 and I said something over the coms and there was an awed response "you're a girl?" Oh boy. Us girl geeks are something. icon_e_wink.gif

After my recent experience at comic con, I learned something important. Being a nerdy girl is awesome but there are A LOT of nerdy girls out there. Being a gamer girl is awesome and you are as rare as a unicorn. The difference? Girls can fake nerdiness - you can't fake being a gamer.
  • Woah, I wish I had the words to tell you how happy this topic makes me as a queer lady. Also that all-female alliance is such a cool idea. I'm always happy to read about awesome parents being awesome.

Now I'm really glad alliances were created and 'made' me register in the forum icon_e_smile.gif
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    dreyat wrote:

After my recent experience at comic con, I learned something important. Being a nerdy girl is awesome but there are A LOT of nerdy girls out there. Being a gamer girl is awesome and you are as rare as a unicorn. The difference? Girls can fake nerdiness - you can't fake being a gamer.

Seeing your posts here makes me wish I could still con. As it stands, I'm approaching senility and haven't the mental or physical wherewithal to endure Comic Con ever again.
  • dreyat wrote:

Seeing your posts here makes me wish I could still con. As it stands, I'm approaching senility and haven't the mental or physical wherewithal to endure Comic Con ever again.
    Never say never! Comic con loves all:)
  • Hello, everyone! I am also a lady!

I started a new thread looking for lady MPQ players in the General Discussion, not realizing that this was here. I'm really happy to know there are more of us out there!
  • There are other girls playing? So cool *o*

Comiccon... I would like to go there but the flight to the US.... I guess I'm stuck with going to cons here icon_e_wink.gif
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hi ladies. I got my wife started about a week after I did. That was about 3 months ago. Last week we opened the 20th slot in our alliance. What we were trying to do is have a couples only team. Like 10 couples of bf/gf or husband/wife. Unfortunately we could only find 2 other couples that played and where one or both weren't already in an alliance. It didnt work so well, but we'll give it some time.

Maybe posting on here might help. Either way, it's something we can do together that we both enjoy.

JJ & April
  • Lol @OP's sausagefest line - nothin against you guys at all, but it usually is icon_e_wink.gif. I'm a girl and also queer. Totes awesome to see another one in this thread. Gamer girls are out there! Though unicorns are bad **** so I'll take it.
  • Female here! Though every tournament I play in makes me love this game less and less. Unless things get fixed, I will be leaving. Which is really too bad, for the most part, I LOVE this game. =)