The Hunt

Comments

• Call me silly, but I don't understand this rubber banding. Can someone please explain or link to where it's explained? Why is a mission that was worth 70 points an hour ago now worth 100?
  • its been like 2 or 3 hours and my points arent recharging lol
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    pumkin wrote:
    Call me silly, but I don't understand this rubber banding. Can someone please explain or link to where it's explained? Why is a mission that was worth 70 points an hour ago now worth 100?

The devs goal was to make it possible for those who start late to catch up to those who started early and are grinding. To do that, the lower you are on the ladder the more completion of a mission is worth, but (I could be wrong here) the point trail off faster because you are moving up the ladder. Hope that is clear and helps!
  • I've not started this yet. Anyone know if I will miss out on any resets if I don't start until tomorrow? Figure the rubber banding will help me catch up for rewards and anyone else in my bracket will likely not have started until around the same time anyway. Tired and need to go to bed (I know - sleep is for the weak icon_e_smile.gif ).
  • IMO, the way the reward structure is set up, you aren't really gaining much advantage by joining later, in the end ..it's still going to come down to who grinded the most. The swings on the point totals on the repeatable missions aren't that dramatic.
  • MarvelMan wrote:
    pumkin wrote:
    Call me silly, but I don't understand this rubber banding. Can someone please explain or link to where it's explained? Why is a mission that was worth 70 points an hour ago now worth 100?

The devs goal was to make it possible for those who start late to catch up to those who started early and are grinding. To do that, the lower you are on the ladder the more completion of a mission is worth, but (I could be wrong here) the point trail off faster because you are moving up the ladder. Hope that is clear and helps!

That clarifies perfectly. Thank you!
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    So uh... Iron Man just said "Cool story, bro." to Bullseye.

Whaaat? What meme's next?

"You almost had us cornered, Ragnarok... until the fire nation attacked."

"What a--"

"HAWKEYE, BLAST ARROW QUICK!"
  • MarvelMan wrote:
    Ive beaten it about 6 times with IW, IM40 (85) and Thor (75). I used the rainbow boost plus dark avenger (had 10 so why not?). Took some strategy, thinking ~2 moves ahead to make sure I didnt set them up, but it didnt really get close. Like others said, target Venom/Yelena/Daken. Was rather sad to find that after I did them a couple times the point value returns for the lower ones had gone down as well. Should have cleaned those up. Bah.

Plus Im in a bracket with Nemek and Luisfer so itll be tough to crack the top 2. spell is right behind me at 4 too.

Think the point values for those three missions are tied together (they scale relative to how many you do collectively). Imo, AWESOME. Less grind, rewarding ppl who can do the higher point missions

I hadn't realized the missions were tied together that way or I'd have only done the last one. So the verdict is the scores seem to increase over time after you do them?
  • From what I gathered after playing over an hour... and not completing all the missions yet...
    1. The Hunt - the main event where you can win The Punisher, all points gathered in sub-events counts towards it
    2. The Bases - sub-events
      • each Base has separate ranking based on points gathered in them
      • Base lasts 36hrs, new Base unlocked every 12hrs
      • top 2 reward is 1000iso, 500HP and The Hunt Heroic token

It will be virtually impossible to win all bases, which is good I guess, the goods will spread icon_e_smile.gif
  • Shikao wrote:
    From what I gathered after playing over an hour... and not completing all the missions yet...
    1. The Hunt - the main event where you can win The Punisher, all points gathered in sub-events counts towards it
    2. The Bases - sub-events
      • each Base has separate ranking based on points gathered in them
      • Base lasts 36hrs, new Base unlocked every 12hrs
      • top 2 reward is 1000iso, 500HP and The Hunt Heroic token

It will be virtually impossible to win all bases, which is good I guess, the goods will spread icon_e_smile.gif
    still do-able...its the weekend, so the people who dont have plans and are willing to sit on thier phones all weekend will manage it somehow lol
  • Misguided wrote:
    MarvelMan wrote:
    Ive beaten it about 6 times with IW, IM40 (85) and Thor (75). I used the rainbow boost plus dark avenger (had 10 so why not?). Took some strategy, thinking ~2 moves ahead to make sure I didnt set them up, but it didnt really get close. Like others said, target Venom/Yelena/Daken. Was rather sad to find that after I did them a couple times the point value returns for the lower ones had gone down as well. Should have cleaned those up. Bah.

Plus Im in a bracket with Nemek and Luisfer so itll be tough to crack the top 2. spell is right behind me at 4 too.

Think the point values for those three missions are tied together (they scale relative to how many you do collectively). Imo, AWESOME. Less grind, rewarding ppl who can do the higher point missions

I hadn't realized the missions were tied together that way or I'd have only done the last one. So the verdict is the scores seem to increase over time after you do them?

my level 200 mission hasn't gone up at all, the other 2 have.

i'm thoroughly lost with the point system, i joined a florida one and someone was already 2500, and after finishing pretty much everything i'm at 400. my main bracket for punisher has max 2500.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got to 1100 in the double shot competition, and wanted to knock off some of these missions in case it reset while I slept. Got into the zzzWolph bracket. Again. I swear, it's like he's stalking me (or more likely, I'm stalking him)
  • Same, somehow a bunch of people have thousands in Florida, but my repeatable missions are worth 100 at most. It would take hours to catch up even if there weren't diminishing returns
  • Dexxter wrote:
    Same, somehow a bunch of people have thousands in Florida, but my repeatable missions are worth 100 at most. It would take hours to catch up even if there weren't diminishing returns

I wonder how brackets for missions are created. Is it your main even bracket? Or is completely new now? If it's latter than rubberbanding favours people who joined later and makes it really hard for others to catch up.
  • Holy hell guys -.- my bracket is just wayyyy too competitive. Already 3k for the top and it's not even day 1.
  • rank 1 in punisher bracket, rank 500 in florida bracket.

what the HELL is going on in florida.

edit: do the math, it doesn't make freaking sense, that means there are brackets with 499 other people that are better than the number one in this bracket just from florida.

so that's like...****?AS?FA?
  • also florida and alaska seem connected, all my missions are worthless in alaska righ now
  • There is clearly a bug. Some people were showing over 2000 points in Florida less then 10 min after it unlocked. I managed to get into the top 400 for the 2** token, so I'm ok, but some programmer made a huge mistake.
  • forgrim wrote:
    also florida and alaska seem connected, all my missions are worthless in alaska righ now
    if its connected then it seems that u better get enough points in alaska before starting florida to have a cushion
  • Dexxter wrote:
    There is clearly a bug. Some people were showing over 2000 points in Florida less then 10 min after it unlocked. I managed to get into the top 400 for the 2** token, so I'm ok, but some programmer made a huge mistake.

Yeah, can't make the math work there, how did they grind that much points in so little time?