*** Black Widow (Grey Suit) ***

Comments

• Am I crazy, or did they nerf her target size at higher upgrades? I could swear that it had been wiping out most of the board, as opposed to the modest-size hole it now blasts (equivalent to the non-upgraded original, I think).
  • Vivisera wrote:
    Am I crazy, or did they nerf her target size at higher upgrades? I could swear that it had been wiping out most of the board, as opposed to the modest-size hole it now blasts (equivalent to the non-upgraded original, I think).

It does seem a bit smaller now that you mention it…that should probably be mentioned somewhere in the description.

I'm OK with the radius being smaller…it still does a ton of damage and at level 5, hitting the whole team is tremendous.

Clearing the entire board of all tiles is currently one of the gimmicks that makes 2-star Magneto unique and I'm happy to keep characters as unique as possible.
  • I only have sniper at level 2 and I can tell you that the the crosshair shape is bounded by a 5x5 box. Did it used to be a bigger box at the higher levels?
  • I only have sniper at level 2 and I can tell you that the the crosshair shape is bounded by a 5x5 box. Did it used to be a bigger box at the higher levels?

Sorry, but I was lazy and never counted before I got to 5 green. icon_redface.gif

5 green is a box that is 6 tiles in diameter.

By way of comparison, as we all know, the game board is 8 tiles x 8 tiles.

I was at 4 green for the longest time and it did seem to be bigger than it is now...but I never bothered counting then...

Could just be wishful thinking though.
  • someguy wrote:
    I only have sniper at level 2 and I can tell you that the the crosshair shape is bounded by a 5x5 box. Did it used to be a bigger box at the higher levels?

Sorry, but I was lazy and never counted before I got to 5 green. icon_redface.gif

5 green is a box that is 6 tiles in diameter.

By way of comparison, as we all know, the game board is 8 tiles x 8 tiles.

I was at 4 green for the longest time and it did seem to be bigger than it is now...but I never bothered counting then...

Could just be wishful thinking though.

BTW just counted again and level 5 is actually 7 tiles in diameter, not 6. Because counting is hard. Sorry for any confusion.
  • Sorry guys, just counted again, the sniper rifle destroys 25 tiles at level 4. Here's the pattern:

x x 0 0 0 x x x
    x 0 x 0 x 0 x x
    0 x x 0 x x 0 x
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 x
    0 x x 0 x x 0 x
    x 0 x 0 x 0 x x
    x x 0 0 0 x x x
    x x x x x x x x

So there are only 4 positions if you want all 25 tiles to be destroyed.
  • In the new patch when you cast Deceptive Tactics (and I assume the same thing happens with other similar skills) the tiles which you can't select to turn green (green tiles and environment tiles) have symbols on them, which is a good idea but it does make it hard to tell which ones are green already (which is quite an important thing to know with this skill!).
    Maybe this would not be so much of a problem with city tiles or lab tiles, but with forest tiles it's hard to tell the difference.
    Maybe the symbol could be made smaller (like a small red cross) or slightly transparent?
  • I have her at 1/3/3 and get a red cover (standard * token). I don't know the best way to update her...
    Sure, purple skill at L5...and this character seems based on this.

For the rest, i don't know. She can makes critical tiles or green tiles (good stock) so :
    - play it with wolverine, storm for green stock tiles
    - play her with bullseye for critical tiles
    - play her green ability L5

SO, 3/5/5, 4/4/5 or 5/3/5... i think people were right, best way is 5/3/5
  • I think 5/3/5 is by far the best choice, her red skill is awful. I have her at lvl115 now and it still only does a few hundred damage.
  • It's a tactical move to take out enemy tiles. Considering spiderman can protect up to 477 per tile and can create 3, maybe not so useless. That being said if you've got 5 web tiles on the board and haven't killed the enemy spiderman, you're probably doin something wrong.
  • Shamusyeah wrote:
    It's a tactical move to take out enemy tiles. Considering spiderman can protect up to 477 per tile and can create 3, maybe not so useless. That being said if you've got 5 web tiles on the board and haven't killed the enemy spiderman, you're probably doin something wrong.

Yeah but the Sniper skill only costs a couple more AP then the Pistol and it tactically wipes out the entire team as well as destroying tiles on the board.
  • So right now, I'm sitting at 4/3/4 and I'm trying my hardest to win top 2 in Double Shot Tourney. I have a red in wings because I was top two in the first 1/2 of Double shot. If I place top 10, should I just use both reds to max her out? or just try and save for the green then?

Edit: currently at 2, right now but of course that changes throughout the day. And am working in China now so The tourney ends at 9 am here for me
  • green and purpe are his best abilities, 5/5 for those tbh
  • Green is useless without lvl5. Red is useless without lvl4. Purple is useful at all lvls. 5/3/5 is best, but 5/4/4 isn't that bad if you have no one else with red.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Green is useless without lvl5. Red is useless without lvl4. Purple is useful at all lvls. 5/3/5 is best, but 5/4/4 isn't that bad if you have no one else with red.
    No one else with red? Is that even possible?
  • Lacydog69 wrote:
    So right now, I'm sitting at 4/3/4 and I'm trying my hardest to win top 2 in Double Shot Tourney. I have a red in wings because I was top two in the first 1/2 of Double shot. If I place top 10, should I just use both reds to max her out? or just try and save for the green then?

Edit: currently at 2, right now but of course that changes throughout the day. And am working in China now so The tourney ends at 9 am here for me

I'm in the same predicament. I've got her at 4/2/5 after getting first place in the first double shot (first top two Ive really tried for and placed in a tourney). Now i don't know how hard i want to try for top two again. I think the competition is going to be a little tougher in the second tournament. And quite honestly anything less then first place won't help me cause i don't care as much about the other red cover i need. Right now I'm sitting at 20th place or so. Maybe I'll wait and see how hard the fight is in the last hour and decide if i think i have a shot
  • Anyone know how much damage she deals with Sniper Rifle at max level?
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Twanbon wrote:
    Anyone know how much damage she deals with Sniper Rifle at max level?
  • I have a grey suit currently around level 60. I have used this card a lot despite my procrastination to level further.
    My 1 huge problem is the extreme squishiness. Using pink to get green works really well and green can be a very devastating attack. The problem being that while paired with my Thor her green and pink attacks bring her to front so she takes tremendous damage while getting there. This means spend a lot if hp to revive often or don't use her often. I see her red as sub par and fine left at 3 points.

There is a situation I believe she can dominate in though. The 2 top 3* ATM are rag and spidey. Spidey stuns with blue. Rag throws red to create green and his moves create a lot of chain reactions. This gathers pink for grey suit without pulling her to the front. Rag will already be generating more than enough green and now widows pink generating even more? It's only a matter of time before sniper rifle is unleashed and there's nothing left in front of me.

Call me crazy if you want but the widow seems like the PERFECT fit into the 3* trifecta
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, the rag combo has been mentioned a lot, but I hadn't even considered pairing her with spidey (Probably because I missed all the chances at his purple cover)