*** Black Panther (T'Challa) ***

Comments

• I like this suggestion. The skill is a little strange currently.

Also, more than 30 environmental AP starts to get into a useable range for the env AP itself, making the skill less useful. Having two strike tiles at 15 env is a nice middle ground.

And yes, this is the new scAvengers chat room icon_e_smile.gif
  • TheHueyFreeman
    TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    At what point is BP's Black worthwhile? I've got him at 3 black and would love to level him but don't know how stronger it gets with 4 or 5 covers.
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    5 b does roughly 1.44% more damage than 3b. Max damage is 3000+, exact number in the OP
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    5 b does roughly 1.44% more damage than 3b. Max damage is 3000+, exact number in the OP
    ... you mean 44%.

Do math, not drugs.
  • HailMary wrote:
    ... you mean 44%.

Do math, not drugs.

Why not both?
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    HailMary wrote:
    ... you mean 44%.

Do math, not drugs.

sorry. The 5b to 3b damage ratio is 1.44:1 is what I was implying

icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    sorry. The 5b to 3b damage ratio is 1.44:1 is what I was implying

icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Don't lie. You're clearly waging a disinformation war on behalf of your godhead, Mr. Patchwork Quilt.

Thank Thor a high priestess of the Cult of Flab came to humanity's aid in its time of need.
    Toxicadam wrote:
    HailMary wrote:
    ... you mean 44%.

Do math, not drugs.
    Why not both?
    2x + 6y = 4. Given x = 4, solve for COCAINE!!!
  • Black Panther yellow cover will be day SHIELD Resupply.

I wish that I had known this last week before I parted with 1250 for my last yellow.
  • What day number is the BP Yellow cover? I was tempted to buy one myself as I'm cover capped at level 105, but if I'm getting a free yellow soon I won't bother.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    195 - Black Panther (Man Without Fear)

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3642
  • Ah, thanks dude, only 11 days away for me.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think if you've playing for 365 you should get a wild card token that allows you to add one cover regardless whether you have it or not, say you have a 0/5/5 Punisher, you could make him 1/5/5 with special token, or you could use it to create a cover of a guy you don't have, that would be pretty sweet.
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    I think if you've playing for 365 you should get a wild card token that allows you to add one cover regardless whether you have it or not, say you have a 0/5/5 Punisher, you could make him 1/5/5 with special token, or you could use it to create a cover of a guy you don't have, that would be pretty sweet.

I think I can guess what everyone's going to pick! Fury
  • vudu3
    My Panther is 3/2/3 with a max level of 77. Current level is 41 and his black does 745 damage. Anyone know how much damage it will do if I raise his level to 77?

My guess is still too low to be worth pumping any ISO into him at the moment but I just want to be sure.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    3 black is tinykitty, especially at level 77, you're better off with Thor** or Ares as your AoE damage guys. Even cStorm would be much better until BP hits either 4-5 black or lvl 115+.
  • vudu3
    That's what I figured. He'll continue to sit on my bench until I get more covers. Thanks.
  • Even 3 black is pretty good, but a level 77 Black Panther is about the same as a level 50 2* in terms of ability damage (might be even lower) so you shouldn't be expecting much out of such a low level. With the exception of the lazy characters, even fairly overpowered 3*s need their 141 levels for their ability damage to reach a point where they're better than the 2*s.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    General rule of thumb with 3*'s is they generally don't become better than a 2* until you can get them to about lvl 95. My L.Thor didn't surpass Baby Thor in all categories until level 97 if I remember correctly so yeah, unless you can get Panther to 95ish I wouldn't pump any ISO into him.
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    General rule of thumb with 3*'s is they generally don't become better than a 2* until you can get them to about lvl 95. My L.Thor didn't surpass Baby Thor in all categories until level 97 if I remember correctly so yeah, unless you can get Panther to 95ish I wouldn't pump any ISO into him.

3* lag behind their 2* counterpart in ability damage (which is generally the most important part of a character) until level 110 or so. Lazy Thor's ability damage far surpasses any comparable 3* and should not be used as a standard. To put things in perspective, there are very few abilities that does more damage than Wolverine's Adamantium Slash even at level 141. So, unless your character is way ahead of the power curve (like lazy Thor), you should not expect their ability damage to beat 2*s until they're very high level. Black Panther is powerful, but he's not lazy Thor "all my abilities do roughly twice the damage as anyone else's" powerful.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

3* lag behind their 2* counterpart in ability damage (which is generally the most important part of a character) until level 110 or so. Lazy Thor's ability damage far surpasses any comparable 3* and should not be used as a standard. To put things in perspective, there are very few abilities that does more damage than Wolverine's Adamantium Slash even at level 141. So, unless your character is way ahead of the power curve (like lazy Thor), you should not expect their ability damage to beat 2*s until they're very high level. Black Panther is powerful, but he's not lazy Thor "all my abilities do roughly twice the damage as anyone else's" powerful.
    Extra damage IS adamnitum slash's ability, whereas other reds have utility like thors yellow generation or punisher's execute