Question about ranked events and tournaments and such

How do you know how well you are doing in a ranked event like what place you are in during a specific one? If I am ranked as number 4 in an event with a group specification 1-2 winning a prize, then a group 3-10 winning a prize and so on, what am I considered? Is that the second bracket ( group of prizes)? Am I fourth place in the whole event or just in the bracket? I just wondered how it all is placed. Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Rank 4 = 4th place, which would place you in the 3-10 prize bracket.

Outside of the S.H.I.E.L.D. Simulator, all events are bracketed to a subset of individuals. Versus tournaments are brackets of 500, PvE events are usually either brackets of 1000 or 2000 players (outside of The Hulk event, which is unbracketed).

The listed ranking for you in an event at anytime is your rank against others in your specific bracket. You do not need to be the highest score globally to win the top prize (outside of an unbracketed event), just top in the bracket that you were placed in when you entered an event.
  • Oh wow so I ranked top 20 on the hunt and got the 2 falcon covers that means I was top 20 overall?
  • Marko wrote:
    Oh wow so I ranked top 20 on the hunt and got the 2 falcon covers that means I was top 20 overall?

You were top 20 in your bracket, which was out of a pool of 2000 players.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also, each bracket is filled "first come, first serve" (with a very rare exception) so that 2000 people are all people that joined at roughly the same time as you.
  • Awww I thought I was special o well. So is a reward group a bracket or you cant see the bracket you are in in game its like a behind the scenes grouping by skill and talent kinda thing?
  • Your bracket is what shows up on the leaderboard. That's who is in your bracket. As of right now you can only see the top 10 in your bracket and the 10 names around yours.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Marko wrote:
    Awww I thought I was special o well. So is a reward group a bracket or you cant see the bracket you are in in game its like a behind the scenes grouping by skill and talent kinda thing?
    Brackets are filled according to entry time. 500-person brackets (or 1000-person, or 2000-person brackets) are filled as players finish their first fights within an event,. Your bracket is, for example, 500 people who did their first fight around the same time you did.

Your ranking is only within this set of 500 (or 1000/2000) people. On an individual placement level, your score is compared only against theirs. In PVP, though, in your actual fights, you get matched against players in any bracket at all. Which players you get matched up against depends on MatchMaking Rating (MMR), which is a bit like a skill/strength rating. So, in PVP, you'll potentially fight everyone, but for placement/ranking, your score will only be compared against the scores of the 499 other players in your entry-time-based bracket.