*** Sam Wilson (Falcon) *** (Updated)

Comments

• Phaserhawk wrote:
    You know, I'm actually pretty impressed with purple. If it creates 14 50 prot tiles at max level, that means that 3 of those tiles surviving is enough to completely blank 141 match damage. It's going to be a nightmare for your opponents to actually remove all those tiles, so the match is just going to drag on and on... I think the right build is 5/4/4. You obviously want to max yellow, and blue can be kept at 4 since lowering the cd doesn't matter as much.

The only arguement is is being able to convert CD tiles worth the loss of extra protect in lvl 5 purple. I'm going to assume the posting was correct and that the difference between level 5 purple def and level 4 def is very small like someone said 6.2 vs. 6.4. If it's not a mistake then maybe 5/3/5, but I agree on the surface 5/4/4 looks to be the best build

I just looked up on no mistakes roster, his is max level 4 purple and it gives 14, strength 35 tiles. At level 5 purple it gives the 51 strength. So an extra 16 x 14 = 224 defense total vs being able to affect countdowns on the blue. I dunno, I think affecting countdowns would be great for goons / modern hawkeye (lol) but that defense is nice too.
  • Patch/Mags/Falcon is a pointless team. Falcon could be any other character and the team would be stronger. Perhaps a character with an active yellow/black?. First off, you aren't EVER trying to give the opposing team another turn, and secondly, Patch/Mags has absolutely no reason at all to match yellow. Black Panther seems like the only character he synergizes with.
  • It is pretty long but you do get to gaze longingly at that awesome goatee. This game needs more facial hair.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Patch/Mags/Falcon is a pointless team. Falcon could be any other character and the team would be stronger. Perhaps a character with an active yellow/black?. First off, you aren't EVER trying to give the opposing team another turn, and secondly, Patch/Mags has absolutely no reason at all to match yellow. Black Panther seems like the only character he synergizes with.

BP is pretty mediocre with Falcon because you need to match yellow in order to get BP's strike tiles (since who's going to prioritize blue for defense tiles) which means you arent getting any useful falcon triggers and then match MORE yellow after to boost BPs tiles, of which there isn't going to be that much left since you already matched 3 yellows. I would say that he has really good synergy with Psylocke and a yellow AP sink (our favorite LazyThor!): she has the concentrated, cheap tiles that you're looking for with Falcon. Patch/Falcon seems unnecessary right now with the existance of mags, but I'm betting that team gets much better once the mag nerfs hit.
    sms4002 wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    You know, I'm actually pretty impressed with purple. If it creates 14 50 prot tiles at max level, that means that 3 of those tiles surviving is enough to completely blank 141 match damage. It's going to be a nightmare for your opponents to actually remove all those tiles, so the match is just going to drag on and on... I think the right build is 5/4/4. You obviously want to max yellow, and blue can be kept at 4 since lowering the cd doesn't matter as much.

The only arguement is is being able to convert CD tiles worth the loss of extra protect in lvl 5 purple. I'm going to assume the posting was correct and that the difference between level 5 purple def and level 4 def is very small like someone said 6.2 vs. 6.4. If it's not a mistake then maybe 5/3/5, but I agree on the surface 5/4/4 looks to be the best build

I just looked up on no mistakes roster, his is max level 4 purple and it gives 14, strength 35 tiles. At level 5 purple it gives the 51 strength. So an extra 16 x 14 = 224 defense total vs being able to affect countdowns on the blue. I dunno, I think affecting countdowns would be great for goons / modern hawkeye (lol) but that defense is nice too.

Yeah, now that we know the values 5 purple might be worth going into. When I think about defense tiles, the only value I see out of them is for mainly preventing match damage. Ability damage is large enough such that having more than 150 defense against level 141s seems like largely a waste, so I care mainly about how many tiles falcon needs on board to prevent match damage. At 4 purple, this is 5 tiles, which is a good amount more than 3 tiles at level 5, so the upgrade seems somewhat significant. In PvE, 4 blue seems obviously better against any team with a goon, but 5 purple seems better against 300+ all villain teams, so its a tossup. Another crazy build to consider is 4/4/5 since each yellow is only boosting the tile damage by 5%, but I'm not sure if thats worth getting purple to that level.
  • Another crazy build to consider is 4/4/5 since each yellow is only boosting the tile damage by 5%, but I'm not sure if thats worth getting purple to that level.

I believe IceIX mentioned that Falcon's yellow ability is due for an adjustment, to go from the current +% dmg to a +X damage that increases with character level. That way a lvl 141 Falcon won't have the exact same abilities as a level 1 Falcon.

Depending on how good/bad this "adjustment is", 4/4/5 might be viable in the future if they end up nerfing yellow.
  • I hadn't thought of LT/Psylocke/Falcon. I like that team a lot actually. The fact that it has rainbow actives makes me happy icon_e_wink.gif

Would be interesting to see who you target first. If you take out Psylocke first, then Falcon's attack/strike tile pumping is turned off. If you take out LT first, you cut off yellow/green and any really heavy damaging attacks. Having red overlap means whichever of the two you take out won't cut off red. I don't think there is any advantage to attacking Falcon first. I guess, for hit points sake, I would probably go Psylocke --> LT --> Falcon

I'm not sure how competitive that team would be though? Might be more gimmicky like Mstorm/Panther or Loki/Patch.

Also, 5/3/5 seems like the build to go with. Not every team has attack/protect/strike tiles. I'm not sure if it affects countdown tiles or not. That would make it pretty strong PVE.
  • For PvP, Bird Strike at level 5 will defend pretty well against Molotov, which is certainly seen a lot. While Molotov is unlikely to cause you to lose, the damage it does adds up and slows you down if you're not running Spiderman.

I don't think Psylocke can generate enough special tiles on time to get much benefit out of Falcon.

Depending on what his final yellow value settles at I'd say 3/5/5 is not out of the question.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Mizake wrote:
    Another crazy build to consider is 4/4/5 since each yellow is only boosting the tile damage by 5%, but I'm not sure if thats worth getting purple to that level.

I believe IceIX mentioned that Falcon's yellow ability is due for an adjustment, to go from the current +% dmg to a +X damage that increases with character level. That way a lvl 141 Falcon won't have the exact same abilities as a level 1 Falcon.

Depending on how good/bad this "adjustment is", 4/4/5 might be viable in the future if they end up nerfing yellow.

If they do change yellow this way, then his synergies are going to change since he would then want to be with whoever can spit out 3 tiles as fast as possible: I'm not sure if the change is even necessary since I can see people actually wanting to level him in PvP for his purple.
    I hadn't thought of LT/Psylocke/Falcon. I like that team a lot actually. The fact that it has rainbow actives makes me happy icon_e_wink.gif

Would be interesting to see who you target first. If you take out Psylocke first, then Falcon's attack/strike tile pumping is turned off. If you take out LT first, you cut off yellow/green and any really heavy damaging attacks. Having red overlap means whichever of the two you take out won't cut off red. I don't think there is any advantage to attacking Falcon first. I guess, for hit points sake, I would probably go Psylocke --> LT --> Falcon

I'm not sure how competitive that team would be though? Might be more gimmicky like Mstorm/Panther or Loki/Patch.

I think it's a lot less gimmicky than those two teams just because Falcon is a much more rounded character than Loki/Patch. Something that you haven't considered is that Falcon's purple is going to slow the game down to a crawl if it ever gets off: 14 tiles at 35/50 strength means that you aren't going to be doing any match damage for the rest of the match if the ability resolves since you need to kill 10+ tiles in order to be able to do match damage again. This gives more time for LazyThor and such to do his thing if you kill Falcon last. I also see blue having random value against teams: it hardcounters Cap/Psylocke, and messes up Punisher/Patch to an extent, so that team is a lot stronger than it looks.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Phantron wrote:
    For PvP, Bird Strike at level 5 will defend pretty well against Molotov, which is certainly seen a lot. While Molotov is unlikely to cause you to lose, the damage it does adds up and slows you down if you're not running Spiderman.

I don't think Psylocke can generate enough special tiles on time to get much benefit out of Falcon.

Depending on what his final yellow value settles at I'd say 3/5/5 is not out of the question.

4/4/5 since level 5 redwing feels marginal: the reduced cd doesn't matter as much since you can just match it away a good amount of the time. I still think that Psylocke is fine: her red gets boosted at 2/3rds the efficiency of punisher's green at 1 cast (200 damage tile vs 300 damage tiles), but once you get into 2 red+ territory, it becomes significantly better. This also isn't counting the boosts to her attack tile, which is also incidental value.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey Polarity... (or anyone)

Who do you like with Falcon better, Psylocke or BP, for this week's Top Gun tourney? I have Falcon at lvl 20 (1/1/1) Both my Psylocke(5/3/5) and BP (5/3/5) are maxed. I'd like to take advantage of Falcon's yellow so he's not completely useless despite being low level.

For a third my options are Spidey/LT/GSBW/Cmags/Hulk.
  • Dormammu wrote:

Who do you like with Falcon better, Psylocke or BP, for this week's Top Gun tourney? I have Falcon at lvl 20 (1/1/1) Both my Psylocke(5/3/5) and BP (5/3/5) are maxed. I'd like to take advantage of Falcon's yellow so he's not completely useless despite being low level.

Just because Falcon is required doesn't mean you've to use someone with special tiles, especially given his low levels. Having your two best characters is still going to be better than just having someone in there for the sake of having strike tiles.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    Dormammu wrote:

Just because Falcon is required doesn't mean you've to use someone with special tiles, especially given his low levels. Having your two best characters is still going to be better than just having someone in there for the sake of having strike tiles.

I use my maxed BP and Psylocke all the time. They seem like good fits, here. Besides, I'm bored with using LT and Cmags for every PvP tourney that comes through the pipeline.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Dormammu wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Dormammu wrote:

I use my maxed BP and Psylocke all the time. They seem like good fits, here. Besides, I'm bored with using LT and Cmags for every PvP tourney that comes through the pipeline.

You can try LazyThor/Psylocke/Falcon for funsies since that would be one of the ideal teams for Falcon if you get bored with using the same characters. Practically speaking, Falcon is going to be marginal regardless of what roster you run since he's at such a low cover amount, so going with your best 2 guys is going to be the optimal (although not necessarily fun) strategy.
  • Phantron wrote:
    Unlike most CDs, you want the Redwing CD to get destroyed, since while it's present you can't use his passive again (and then it takes another turn according to the description).

Whether the tile improve is from the base or current value doesn't change the nature of his ability. It's always overpowered on the strongest special tile generator and ridiculously weak on other people. In fact he's got terrible synergy with himself since Bird Strike generates a bunch of weak protect tiles and they're pretty much the last thing you want to use his ability on. The current 30% value is probably balanced with The Punisher in mind, and that'll work at least until Nick Fury becomes available.

Perfect synergy with Captain America - bonk Redwing on the head with your shield and he's back in no time!
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Plz make Inspiration animation shorter. It's kinda twice longer then Pheromone Rage.
    Which is why you should combine them icon_lol.gif
  • Dormammu wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Dormammu wrote:

I agree with Phantron. However if you wanna switch it up BP over Psylocke. Tanks 2 covers instead of one, has the HP to tank and Rage of the Panther truimps Psylocke's attack and strike tiles.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    grimeon wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Unlike most CDs, you want the Redwing CD to get destroyed, since while it's present you can't use his passive again (and then it takes another turn according to the description).

Whether the tile improve is from the base or current value doesn't change the nature of his ability. It's always overpowered on the strongest special tile generator and ridiculously weak on other people. In fact he's got terrible synergy with himself since Bird Strike generates a bunch of weak protect tiles and they're pretty much the last thing you want to use his ability on. The current 30% value is probably balanced with The Punisher in mind, and that'll work at least until Nick Fury becomes available.

Perfect synergy with Captain America - bonk Redwing on the head with your shield and he's back in no time!
    Plus, if you hold off on the purple, he boosts cap's much better protect tiles instead (and if you're building that much yellow, you might actually get a sentinel of liberty off)
  • Spoit wrote:
    grimeon wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

Plus, if you hold off on the purple, he boosts cap's much better protect tiles instead (and if you're building that much yellow, you might actually get a sentinel of liberty off)

This works just as well with cMags. For 5 Blue AP change the countdown to a blue protect and Redwing comes back. This works paticularlly well if your making a match 5 as its self sustaining.
  • parliament-funkadelic.jpg

Here's the falcon back with his old band in the 70s
  • . . . Wakandan flight harness and psychic link with birds. . .

So, Falcon:sky::Aquaman:ocean?

Super duper icon_rolleyes.gif