Please don't release three-star Daken

Options
Dayv
Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
After repeatedly getting smashed by level-scaled 2* Daken teams, the idea of seeing three-star, three-power Daken at level 141 on every team in PvP just makes me a little sick to my stomach. His power set is too strong to level that high, especially if you increase the effectiveness of his powers as you have with other "gold" 3* characters.

Please, keep this one in the reject pile. Stop the madness before it's too late.

I'm developing PTDS: Post-Traumatic Daken Syndrome, wherein I avoid matching green even when he's not in the enemy lineup.

And kill community scaling while you're at it.

Comments

• the-final-days-of-dark-reign-20091113051126330-000.jpg
  • Agree, 3 star Daken is OP even in planned stage and there is nothing special about that villain that warrants him having the Lazy treatment. How about Lazy Iron-Man or Lazy Hulk instead? icon_e_wink.gif
  • klingsor wrote:
    How about Lazy Iron-Man or Lazy Hulk instead? icon_e_wink.gif
    Lazy Hulk as a 4*? It would take a super-powered Best There Is from Patch to get his anger to trigger. lol
  • As much as I hate the Lazy characters in general, it makes a certain amount of sense for popular characters like Thor and Captain America. Daken doesn't. He's someone I had literally never heard of before I started playing this game (along with Hood and Ragnarok). And the character is liable to become the defensive equivalent to what Spider-Man is on offense.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes, please, this. I am dreading seeing level 141 Dakens in PvP.

Or at least change his passive so that strike tiles only generate when his team makes a match; not your team, like Spiderman's protect tiles.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Daken is taking an early lead in a Least fun opponent poll.
  • klingsor wrote:
    Agree, 3 star Daken is OP even in planned stage and there is nothing special about that villain that warrants him having the Lazy treatment. How about Lazy Iron-Man or Lazy Hulk instead? icon_e_wink.gif

Pfff. 4* Lazy Bag-Man is what we need. Imagine the sheer mayhem he will cause!
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    As much as I hate the Lazy characters in general, it makes a certain amount of sense for popular characters like Thor and Captain America. Daken doesn't. He's someone I had literally never heard of before I started playing this game (along with Hood and Ragnarok). And the character is liable to become the defensive equivalent to what Spider-Man is on offense.
    I did hear of Daken when he just came out. A new bisexual character in the mainstream comics, a big deal actually. (Also riding Wolverine's coattails and stuff.)
    But if LD gets released and he is as powerful compared to Daken** as lazyCap is compared to Cap** (Thor** is still a top tier 2* character anyway), Spidey nerf will actually become obsolete. You will need as many characters as possible to kill those strike tiles/stun LD.
    Daken was the first 2* I had maxed, and boy did he help me alongside oBW and her double dipping Espionage. I was ripping lvl 230 goons in the first Sim when Daken was buffed, offensive passives are that strong. Maybe his is just broken, I agree that only enemy matches should trigger enemy Daken and vice versa. This change won't even make Daken too weak in Prologue, he matches green himself.
  • DayvBang wrote:
    After repeatedly getting smashed by level-scaled 2* Daken teams, the idea of seeing three-star, three-power Daken at level 141 on every team in PvP just makes me a little sick to my stomach. His power set is too strong to level that high, especially if you increase the effectiveness of his powers as you have with other "gold" 3* characters.

Please, keep this one in the reject pile. Stop the madness before it's too late.

I'm developing PTDS: Post-Traumatic Daken Syndrome, wherein I avoid matching green even when he's not in the enemy lineup.

And kill community scaling while you're at it.

I support this post 1 million percent.
  • Dayv
    Options
    I'm just gonna leave this here:

tumblr_n4nqio4Oso1r7yc0lo1_400.png
  • I agree. I don't want to see a level 141 "Gold" Daken. And also kill the community scaling. I've never heard of him before playing this game either.
  • Don't forget that this will officially make him the strongest Dark Avenger. He'll be the obligatory lead of every team in the DA tournaments. Totally fair for such a well-known part of the Marvel universe.
  • Dayv
    Options
    According to posts here, 3* Daken will be reworked to be less awful than just a level-scaled and steroid-pumped 2* Daken.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6527&start=20#p124744

With the addition of a blue power and balance-oriented tweaks to his power set, he may be the least "lazy" of the gold characters.

With my image above in mind, though, I'm still thinking of him as Scumbag Daken anyway.