** Storm (Classic) **

Comments

• Unless you stun her.
  • Honestly, it probably should have never generated red AP in the first place. That was probably the most unbalanced aspect about it.

Although, I do feel bad for newer players that will never get to enjoy that ability like all of us were able to for the past 2 months. Especially in a game like this, where competition is such a driving force.

Sometimes I think this game is a giant satire of capitalism.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    Honestly, it probably should have never generated red AP in the first place. That was probably the most unbalanced aspect about it.

WTB respec for 5/5/3 icon_mrgreen.gif
  • You might edit the thread title to indicate the damage is off.
  • Elleby
    Elleby Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Zathrus wrote:
    (PASSIVE) Storm surrounds her team with a whirling tempest that unleashes fury when provoked. If a team member is damaged for 20% of their max health, it deals 254 damage to all enemies. If every team member is below 50% health, damage increases to 1699.

So I guess her Tempest going off like crazy is an intended change, before it referenced "a teammate", now it says "a team member" which I guess would include her.
  • Elleby wrote:
    Zathrus wrote:
    (PASSIVE) Storm surrounds her team with a whirling tempest that unleashes fury when provoked. If a team member is damaged for 20% of their max health, it deals 254 damage to all enemies. If every team member is below 50% health, damage increases to 1699.

So I guess her Tempest going off like crazy is an intended change, before it referenced "a teammate", now it says "a team member" which I guess would include her.

God... which probably makes her MORE annoying to fight as opposed to less.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    Does it still generate red AP?

I feel bad for newer players. She was pretty much a necessity to get through some of those PvE levels.

No AP gain at level 3.

I was 5/5/3, thankfully.
  • we really need to merge these two threads. fought two storms, came out 1.5k short on everyone's health.

just focusing storm. gd thing triggers like mad
  • well my 5/5/3 storm does 234 damage at level 85, so i'd say its pretty insignificant.

the damage is 1558 is everyone is below 50%, but no red AP in any case.
  • forgrim wrote:
    we really need to merge these two threads. fought two storms, came out 1.5k short on everyone's health.

just focusing storm. gd thing triggers like mad

Oh god. So instead of being the goddess of PvE and free tourney champs, she's now the ultimate health-pack depleting defensive tool. So we'll end up seeing MORE of her not less in PvP. ARGHHHH.

If they were trying to reduce everyone's ISO earning rate across the board... they've more than succeeded. icon_cry.gif
  • it adds up. simply cuz if you focus storm down to kill her, u have to basic match to kill her, any ability will trigger the tempest.

not to mention accidental cascades set it off.

edit: classic storm makes ragnarok users painful. can't use red on storm without setting herself off like a bomb.
  • health packs still intact here
  • forgrim wrote:
    it adds up. simply cuz if you focus storm down to kill her, u have to basic match to kill her, any ability will trigger the tempest.

not to mention accidental cascades set it off.

edit: classic storm makes ragnarok users painful. can't use red on storm without setting herself off like a bomb.

Ragnorak users never needed to aim the Red ability at her anyway. It usually did damage that was small enough to avoid triggering her passive
  • o man having a high boosted character that basic matches set off storm is just MRR. maybe this is why they lowered iron man mk 40 to 100%
  • forgrim wrote:
    o man having a high boosted character that basic matches set off storm is just MRR. maybe this is why they lowered iron man mk 40 to 100%

Could be the reason.

People without spidey will curse her new tempest.
  • Well, now they can boost her without an uproar. Imagine if they tried that before. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. It actually discourages area of effect damage. Plus, you still can't leave her for the end or you can get hit hard. I think she will still add a unique dynamic to the game despite not having the offensive dominance she used to for 2** players.
  • Purty_Hawkeye
    Purty_Hawkeye Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Blue Shoes wrote:
    Well, now they can boost her without an uproar. Imagine if they tried that before. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. It actually discourages area of effect damage. Plus, you still can't leave her for the end or you can get hit hard. I think she will still add a unique dynamic to the game despite not having the offensive dominance she used to for 2** players.

Completely agree with this. I love this change will have a ripple effect across the whole meta game.
  • datKrow wrote:
    Okay, I'm not really a fan of the new change to Raging Tempest. There's no way to avoid taking damage when fighting against her through smart play unless you 1-shot her or deal less than 20% each time. With the previous Storm, you can just focus her down first with the risk of letting their heavy hitters gain some AP during those few turns, but playing smart lets you avoid taking damage.

The new change doesn't promote playing strategically. You're pretty much guaranteed to take team damage no matter what you do.
    Yeah this is silly. No matter what, your entire team is going to take damage. I played a level 15 C Storm and she hit my team twice for 125 each. It adds up and is so annoying. Basically loose 750 health points for hitting her twice to KO her. Seems evil on the developer's part. Guarantees that you loose health faster and have to use health packs and which cost crystal so ultimately they goat you into buying some. But they're not that evil....right? icon_rolleyes.gif
  • funny how low level c storms should be avoided instead of high level ones.
  • I DO NOT PLAY C. STORM AT ALL before anyone asks. (I run an all 3-star team and I've never, ever had any trouble stomping her flat.)

I am very disappointed to hear that C. Storm's yellow has been nerfed again (previously the overkill change was made so it triggered less often).

While admittedly annoying, her yellow was one of the few things that helped her compete with higher level 3-star characters.

Effectively, this helped newer players compete against veteran players with developed 3-star teams. It actually helped newer players place in tourneys, giving them a sense of accomplishment and hopefully unlocking new character tokens that would keep them engaged and playing in the hopes of getting more and climbing the ladder.

Nerfing her yellow makes her much less viable against high-level veteran teams, which consequently makes newbies competing against veterans much less viable. Which will make newbies more frustrated and less interested in getting competitive. Which means less engagement and eventually losing those users altogether.

If I were a new player who had just now barely scraped and scrabbled to get ahold of all 3 C. Storm colors, I would probably be extremely unhappy at this point and consider quitting.