Improving frustrating PvE elements

Options
During a recent scaling induced downtime I have come to the conclusion that PvE just isn't frustrating enough yet, even after the continuous efforts by the devs. I mean, just look at The Hunt, at least 10% of the players that originally started haven't given up yet, almost two days from the end. Not a good sign, while progression rewards are safely unattainable, placement rewards might yet have to be handed out. That's unacceptable, there might as well be tokens with guaranteed useful covers.

Please consider making the following adjustments to keep the game at the level of unplayability we obviously have come to enjoy so much:

- Make scaling a multiplier based on the level limit of each character. While we are all excited to encounter a level 400 Juggernaut, a level 400 Invisible Woman just isn't challenging enough. Given that the level 400 Juggernaut is at 10 times his normal level limit, Invisible Woman should be at level 230 * 10 = 2300. The same should apply to all other chars as well, so in the example above a Modern Thor should scale to level 1410 instead of 400.

- If the combined level of your opponents is higher than the combined level of your team, they should get the first move once the fight starts.

- When you start a fight boosted, your opponent should start out boosted too. This fits well together with scaling, after all that was introduced to match the level of your opponent to yours.

- Color matches should be subject to scaling. If your scaling factor is at 5, a match-3 by your opponent should grant 3 * 5 = 15 AP of the matched color.

- When your team gets defeated, opponents should receive experience. To reflect this, permanently increase their base level.

- Opponents should have to regenerate once they get downed. Disable the node until all villains have regained their full health, at one health each five seconds. This also has the desired side effect of encouraging players to attempt all nodes in case they want to stay competitive, right now most just concentrate on the easy nodes, missing out on a fantastic game experience.

- Rework Iron Man's "High Five" pose on the title screen. Change his hand into a fist, just keep his middle finger like it is. It seems to fit the intended mood of the game much better.

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Also, at least once per PvE event, I'd like the devs to come round my house and kick me in the nethers.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DayvBang wrote:
    Also, at least once per PvE event, I'd like the devs to come round my house and kick me in the nethers.

Wish granted:
    We'll be introduced to a monetized 'alarm clock' feature that, in exchange for 150 HP will 'wake you up' in time for the final stretch of a running event. (If you live in Europe, you get an additional 500 HP surcharge for the required flight ticket.)
  • Community scaling should be removed, but instead whenever an enemy win, they go up in levels for everyone. So if it looks like those guys with a level 50 character are winning your bracket, just start losing to slow them down!
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    _RiO_ wrote:
    Wish granted:
    We'll be introduced to a monetized 'alarm clock' feature that, in exchange for 150 HP will 'wake you up' in time for the final stretch of a running event. (If you live in Europe, you get an additional 500 HP surcharge for the required flight ticket.)

This is something I could get behind - a flight to the USA for less than £5? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • DayvBang wrote:

I was wondering about the other way around.

Was it in Childhood's End? The overlords didn't forbid practices like bullfight. But they applied some telepathic field that linked everyone in the arena with the bull -- to share the joy and the pain... The events somehow ceased.
  • Can we make this a sticky?
  • Clearly we need a PvE only "Toxic" environment that saps health and AP from your team every turn and gives enemies cool sunglasses. The goggles, they do something. Match enough Toxic environment tiles to use the "Drink the Water" ability to instantly KO one of your own heroes (targets your team regardless of which team uses the power).
  • GumisK
    GumisK Posts: 372 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Let me add to the discussion, that the characters we're using look way too powerful to be left unchanged. Ragnarok and Loki are perfect examples of ideal balancing - they are no longer any threat to whoever, and safety should be the top priority. Nerf everyone in a similar manner. Well, you might leave Bag-Man and Yelena out of the process, they seem fine already.