*** Sam Wilson (Falcon) *** (Updated)

Comments

• The main reason why I boost up Falcon was to let everyone know my legitamacy in this game. No hack, no cheat, no bots... All my heroes dual weild guns called Visa & Mastercard.
    icon_e_biggrin.gif

NM
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Also to distract everyone from all the technical talk, don't you think that Falcon's art in the character information page makes him look a little like Carlton Banks from the Fresh Prince?
  • It's going to be a nightmare for your opponents to actually remove all those tiles

Lolwat? Before this birdie collect 12 purple he will be dead birdie.
    Plus always remember about Loki. You can't count anything when he around. icon_lol.gif
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    kidicarus wrote:
    Also to distract everyone from all the technical talk, don't you think that Falcon's art in the character information page makes him look a little like Carlton Banks from the Fresh Prince?

6vEgt28.png?1
  • Something that I missed when first thinking about this character is that you want as much quality over quantity for your strike tiles as possible. You might think that you get more out of boosting Punisher's 3 100 damage strike tiles as opposed to 1 300 damage strike tile, but doing the math shows that you actually net the same amount of power in both cases: For Punisher, 3 * (100*.1.3) = 390 damage after a yellow match, and for 1 tile, 300 * 1.3 = 390 damage after a single match. Therefore, it's better to match Falcon up with powerful single tile character such as Psylocke since Falcon can then boost more quality tiles.

This of course assumes a 1-1 power ratio: Psylocke's red only adds a single 200 damage strike tile, so Falcon's yellow would only boost that by 60 as opposed to Punisher's 90 from a single judgement, but if you get 2 Psylocke reds off and then match with Falcon, then it becomes significantly better. There's also the argument of spread out tiles being better than single tiles since its more likely that some of them will survive, but meh.

My dream team with this character is now LazyThor/Psylocke/Falcon instead of LazyThor/LazyDaken/Falcon due to the quality over quantity argument.
    Exept patches is the best seeing at 3G you get 3 148 strike tile for a total of 577
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    coolbond wrote:
    Something that I missed when first thinking about this character is that you want as much quality over quantity for your strike tiles as possible. You might think that you get more out of boosting Punisher's 3 100 damage strike tiles as opposed to 1 300 damage strike tile, but doing the math shows that you actually net the same amount of power in both cases: For Punisher, 3 * (100*.1.3) = 390 damage after a yellow match, and for 1 tile, 300 * 1.3 = 390 damage after a single match. Therefore, it's better to match Falcon up with powerful single tile character such as Psylocke since Falcon can then boost more quality tiles.

This of course assumes a 1-1 power ratio: Psylocke's red only adds a single 200 damage strike tile, so Falcon's yellow would only boost that by 60 as opposed to Punisher's 90 from a single judgement, but if you get 2 Psylocke reds off and then match with Falcon, then it becomes significantly better. There's also the argument of spread out tiles being better than single tiles since its more likely that some of them will survive, but meh.

My dream team with this character is now LazyThor/Psylocke/Falcon instead of LazyThor/LazyDaken/Falcon due to the quality over quantity argument.
    Exept patches is the best seeing at 3G you get 3 148 strike tile for a total of 577

There's some nice math going on here but is any of the above practical?

Firstly with patch, maybe it's playstyle but I really want to end the match on the turn I use berserker rage and I don't want to be matching yellow on the turn I use zerker rage I don't want the opponent to also take advantage of all those purple tiles I've laid out.

For psylocke, I don't know about you but I have trouble getting 2 strike tiles out based on the 8+7 cost which works out to 5 turns if you can match red gems without destroying the red strike tile you just laid. With punisher it's more fire and forget and dishing the damage as early as possible. With fantasy chars like lazy daken, if it's anything as annoying as 2* daken buffed to 141, then I'm really not looking forward to meeting him paired with carlton banks.

Puritas, I raise you tumblr_lwaushdOao1r1blb3.gif#carlton%20banks%20dance%20gif
  • Is there something wrong with his blue? It seems to convert only one enemy tile at a time so long as timer is there. And not one tile per turn if you make a blue match. Maybe I just did something wrong during that daken match.

If it's like this, I would rather go 5/3/5. In action, blue wont help much imho.
  • Sorry I misunderstood terribly his blue passive. It doesnt even require you to match blue.
    Still id rather have excess in protect in 5 pink than making it 4 in blue.
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
    Going to be trying different combos with falcon all day. Started with Psylocke lazy Thor. It works pretty well but you take a lot of damage before you control the game. Once you do control the game you take no more damage and the attack and strike tiles clean things up in a turn or two.
    Found a bug with redwing and psylocke. When psylocke casts psychic knife the red strike tile is seen by redwing and converted to a cd tile. This only happened when it was by itself. If I cast katana then knife no problem.
    Going to try torch and cap next.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    You know, I'm actually pretty impressed with purple. If it creates 14 50 prot tiles at max level, that means that 3 of those tiles surviving is enough to completely blank 141 match damage. It's going to be a nightmare for your opponents to actually remove all those tiles, so the match is just going to drag on and on... I think the right build is 5/4/4. You obviously want to max yellow, and blue can be kept at 4 since lowering the cd doesn't matter as much.

The only arguement is is being able to convert CD tiles worth the loss of extra protect in lvl 5 purple. I'm going to assume the posting was correct and that the difference between level 5 purple def and level 4 def is very small like someone said 6.2 vs. 6.4. If it's not a mistake then maybe 5/3/5, but I agree on the surface 5/4/4 looks to be the best build
  • Well rank 4 purple at lvl 141 @ 35x 14 while rank 5 @ 51 x14 from I see those with maxed falcon
  • I'm enjoying Falcon with Spidey. It is pretty easy to boost up those early purple protect tiles while you build up AP. I agree that with Patch you don't want to be taking a lot of turns post-Berserker Rage. However, if you have your purple clustered and Redwing targets one of the purple strike tiles in a match three, you can remove four of them in short order by matching the first set and eliminating the countdown.

Lastly, if they keep the lvl 400 scaling follow through on the Mags/Spidey nerf, this guy will probably be practically mandatory for PvE. In a long fight, the ability to remove Daken tiles and CD tiles with blue passive while boosting shield/strike tiles with yellow will be invaluable.
  • Is his blue power bugged for anyone else? A couple of games the enemy falcon turned a protect tile from his own spidey into a countdown tile
  • Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    I just had an enemy falcon change one of wolverines strike tiles on his own team to a red countdown. He did this immediately after wolverine died unsure if that is related or if he first his 8 blue that turn.
  • What happens when you destroy his blue countdown tile? No more redwing??
  • I am still against the use of his purple. The protect tile are easier to clear then most think. There are just too many Characters with tile clearing abilities and it drowns out your damage generation too much. That said it might be great on defense as I don't think the AI can really mess it up. And will be helpful in PVE when your fighing those lvl 400 goons.

Patch/Spidey/Falcon seems like a good long term team. In the short term Patch/cMags/Falcon.

If your using Patch with Falcon it should always be 3/5/5 build as you only need 3 strike tiles and 3 enemy strike tiles will be easier to clear.

To counter a Falcon Team. I would guess LT/OBW/Hulk IMO
  • Plz make Inspiration animation shorter. It's kinda twice longer then Pheromone Rage.
  • The countdown tile is basically a cooldown. Once it's gone, either through matching or from waiting long enough, the ability will trigger again at the start of your next turn.
  • This is probably the first character that is actually viable to play defensively. Sure, there's still not much reason to play defensively period as long as Spiderman and Magneto aren't nerfed, but I can certainly see him being useful if/when the nerf actually happens so you can't count on taking a stupid amount of turns without any retaliation.

Right now there are only 3 characters with strong enough protect tiles (IW, lazy Cap, Falcon) that'd make level 395s beatable without Spiderman/Magneto even if they never used a single special ability, simply because 600 damage match 3s will kill you sooner or later. I think lazy Cap is superior overall but there's certainly room for Falcon.

For PvP it seems like if he gets a Bird Strike off you'd have an awfully hard time dealing with someone like The Hood, who is generally killed by match 3 damage. Getting 12 purple is not as farfetched as it sounds because there is still a serious lack of useful purple powers.