*** Sam Wilson (Falcon) *** (Updated)

Comments

• Unlike most CDs, you want the Redwing CD to get destroyed, since while it's present you can't use his passive again (and then it takes another turn according to the description).

Whether the tile improve is from the base or current value doesn't change the nature of his ability. It's always overpowered on the strongest special tile generator and ridiculously weak on other people. In fact he's got terrible synergy with himself since Bird Strike generates a bunch of weak protect tiles and they're pretty much the last thing you want to use his ability on. The current 30% value is probably balanced with The Punisher in mind, and that'll work at least until Nick Fury becomes available.
  • Phantron wrote:
    Unlike most CDs, you want the Redwing CD to get destroyed, since while it's present you can't use his passive again (and then it takes another turn according to the description).

Whether the tile improve is from the base or current value doesn't change the nature of his ability. It's always overpowered on the strongest special tile generator and ridiculously weak on other people. In fact he's got terrible synergy with himself since Bird Strike generates a bunch of weak protect tiles and they're pretty much the last thing you want to use his ability on. The current 30% value is probably balanced with The Punisher in mind, and that'll work at least until Nick Fury becomes available.

Or patch... His yellow pumps patch's strike tiles... His blue passive will destroy those enemy strike tiles created from berserkers rage and BTI... And his purple will lessen the sting from them as well (use after berserkers rage and matching yellow)...he is a perfect match for patch
  • Ronfar
    Ronfar Posts: 150
    I just tried Falcon out in the new PvP event.

The animation for his yellow passive ability is LONG. icon_e_sad.gif
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    Unlike most CDs, you want the Redwing CD to get destroyed, since while it's present you can't use his passive again (and then it takes another turn according to the description).

Or patch... His yellow pumps patch's strike tiles... His blue passive will destroy those enemy strike tiles created from berserkers rage and BTI... And his purple will lessen the sting from them as well (use after berserkers rage and matching yellow)...he is a perfect match for patch

Still not sold about this. Who plays Patch in extended games? I was under the impression that you zerker rage and the game is instantly over with C. Mags spam.

• Or patch... His yellow pumps patch's strike tiles... His blue passive will destroy those enemy strike tiles created from berserkers rage and BTI... And his purple will lessen the sting from them as well (use after berserkers rage and matching yellow)...he is a perfect match for patch

Assuming no stunlock is involved it's still a pretty risk to have Berserker Rage on the board, so that kind of power is warranted. If you have a stunlock it's probably overpowered but if you have the enemy stunlocked they're already dead anyway so it really doesn't matter anyway except saving you some time.
  • Phantron wrote:

Still not sold about this. Who plays Patch in extended games? I was under the impression that you zerker rage and the game is instantly over with C. Mags spam.

Who will play falcon in extended matches? I presumed we were talking about the people with lower leveled/covered characters... I'd take Pun with Cmags, LT, Lazy Cap and/or BP any day over falcon...
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    ah, thanks for the clarification, guys icon_e_smile.gif
  • From the Retribution Alliance thread:
    NoMistake wrote:
    Redwing
    8 blue ap

At level 1
    Converts an enemy protect or strike tile in a 4 turn countdown tile that signals when redwing will return.
    At level 2
    Redwing can change attack tiles.
    At level 3
    Redwing strikes when the team has 5 Blue AP
    At level 4
    Redwing can change countdown tiles
    At level 5
    Redwing returns after only 3 turns.
    NoMistake wrote:
    Bird Strike
    12 purple AP

Level 1
    Creates 9 Protect tiles with strength of 5
    Level 2
    Creates 11 Protect tiles with strength of 5.
    Level 3
    Creates Strength 6 protect tiles
    Level 4
    Creates 14 Protect tiles with strength of 6
    Level 5
    Creates 14 protect tiles with strength of 6.

At max level .... Create 14 protect tiles with 51 strength for each tile.
  • Ronfar wrote:
    I just tried Falcon out in the new PvP event.

The animation for his yellow passive ability is LONG. icon_e_sad.gif

Just tried it myself, it is too long. I hope falcon doesn't get too popular, I'm already irritated by Daken's Pheromone Rage when it activates. This would be much more annoying. I hope they change it.
  • Emeryt wrote:
    From the Retribution Alliance thread:
    NoMistake wrote:
    Redwing
    8 blue ap

At level 1
    Converts an enemy protect or strike tile in a 4 turn countdown tile that signals when redwing will return.
    At level 2
    At level 3
    At level 4
    At level 5
    NoMistake wrote:
    Bird Strike
    12 purple AP

Level 1
    Level 2
    Level 3
    Level 4
    Level 5

Purple levels 4 and 5 are the same?
  • So his purple when maxed creates greater total defensive strength than Invisible Woman's blue, though you probably can't expect all 14 protect tile to stick around for long.

It seems to me either he or lazy Captain will be mandatory for high level PvE whenever Spiderman and Magneto finally gets nerfed, because without their protect tile you will die simply to just match 3s. You just can't take too many of those 600 damage match 3s before someone goes down, even if you denied all the right color perfectly.
  • Rajjeq wrote:

It's probably too small to see a difference at low levels since he creates 14 protect tiles so each of their value must be pretty low. It might be like say 6.2 versus 6.4 and both are rounded to 6 at that level.
  • Phantron wrote:
    Rajjeq wrote:

It's probably too small to see a difference at low levels since he creates 14 protect tiles so each of their value must be pretty low. It might be like say 6.2 versus 6.4 and both are rounded to 6 at that level.
    Or NoMistake just made a mistake icon_e_smile.gif

Tell me one thing - do I understand correctly that ANY TIME I match yellow, my Tiles will be boosted? So matching yellow twice means double bonus?
  • Emeryt wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Rajjeq wrote:

Or NoMistake just made a mistake icon_e_smile.gif

Tell me one thing - do I understand correctly that ANY TIME I match yellow, my Tiles will be boosted? So matching yellow twice means double bonus?

If by double bonus you mean the % twice then yes... Example: at falcons base level... 100 strength strike tile gets a 10% bonus turning it to 110, then on second match it would increase to 121 after another 10% increase
  • Emeryt wrote:
    From the Retribution Alliance thread:
    NoMistake wrote:
    Redwing
    8 blue ap

At level 1
    At level 2
    At level 3
    At level 4
    At level 5
    NoMistake wrote:
    Bird Strike
    12 purple AP

Level 1
    Level 2
    Level 3
    Level 4
    Level 5

So he knows this how? I always thought no mistake was a cheater account...
  • sms4002 wrote:
    So he knows this how?

He got one of each cover from the Hunt and maxed him out.
  • NorthernPolarity
    You know, I'm actually pretty impressed with purple. If it creates 14 50 prot tiles at max level, that means that 3 of those tiles surviving is enough to completely blank 141 match damage. It's going to be a nightmare for your opponents to actually remove all those tiles, so the match is just going to drag on and on... I think the right build is 5/4/4. You obviously want to max yellow, and blue can be kept at 4 since lowering the cd doesn't matter as much.
  • You know, I'm actually pretty impressed with purple. If it creates 14 50 prot tiles at max level, that means that 3 of those tiles surviving is enough to completely blank 141 match damage. It's going to be a nightmare for your opponents to actually remove all those tiles, so the match is just going to drag on and on... I think the right build is 5/4/4. You obviously want to max yellow, and blue can be kept at 4 since lowering the cd doesn't matter as much.

Yeah and it's nice that the protect tiles are random colors. It's almost like casting Hailstorm.

Guess they weren't limited to purple otherwise he and Patch would be game over.
  • You know, I'm actually pretty impressed with purple. If it creates 14 50 prot tiles at max level, that means that 3 of those tiles surviving is enough to completely blank 141 match damage. It's going to be a nightmare for your opponents to actually remove all those tiles, so the match is just going to drag on and on... I think the right build is 5/4/4. You obviously want to max yellow, and blue can be kept at 4 since lowering the cd doesn't matter as much.

You know, that's a great point. I just tested it really quick and since they appear on random colors it helps quite a bit since you can't match a lot of them with a single match 3 (like red strike tiles, purple protects, etc etc). I think this could be kinda fun...Not to mention I am hoping to pair him well with Mags by always matching his blue countdown away quickly. Wish he didn't have such low HP though...

EDIT: Great minds beezer, Great minds... ;P
  • NorthernPolarity
    Something that I missed when first thinking about this character is that you want as much quality over quantity for your strike tiles as possible. You might think that you get more out of boosting Punisher's 3 100 damage strike tiles as opposed to 1 300 damage strike tile, but doing the math shows that you actually net the same amount of power in both cases: For Punisher, 3 * (100*.1.3) = 390 damage after a yellow match, and for 1 tile, 300 * 1.3 = 390 damage after a single match. Therefore, it's better to match Falcon up with powerful single tile character such as Psylocke since Falcon can then boost more quality tiles.

This of course assumes a 1-1 power ratio: Psylocke's red only adds a single 200 damage strike tile, so Falcon's yellow would only boost that by 60 as opposed to Punisher's 90 from a single judgement, but if you get 2 Psylocke reds off and then match with Falcon, then it becomes significantly better. There's also the argument of spread out tiles being better than single tiles since its more likely that some of them will survive, but meh.

My dream team with this character is now LazyThor/Psylocke/Falcon instead of LazyThor/LazyDaken/Falcon due to the quality over quantity argument.