Staggering event times

Options
Bacon Pants
Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
Sunday night is gong to suck. Doom pvp, Savage land, and Florida are all ending at the same time.

I am aware that events have overlapped in the past...but with the incorporation of seasons it may be beneficial to stagger the events by an hour or two. That way everyone can at least compete at the end of an event.

Comments

• Agreed. The last time 3 events ended at the same time, it was a hassle to maintain all of them in the end.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lucky you for Sunday night. For me it is 5am Monday morning. Try staying till the end when you have to be at work for 6am.
  • 1. Manage Your health packs well;
    2. Manage Your boosts well;
    3. Secure Your place in Doom tourney a lot earlier, then shield.;
    4. Use various chars, depending on node (Daken lvl 150-200: Hulk + Patch + Psy, Savage Land: MStorm, goons fights: Pun + Patch, etc.);
    5. (Optional) Focus mostly on the sub, which gives You more points for general rankings.

Works well for me.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    1. Manage Your health packs well;
    2. Manage Your boosts well;
    3. Secure Your place in Doom tourney a lot earlier, then shield.;
    4. Use various chars, depending on node (Daken lvl 150-200: Hulk + Patch + Psy, Savage Land: MStorm, goons fights: Pun + Patch, etc.);
    5. (Optional) Focus mostly on the sub, which gives You more points for general rankings.

Works well for me.
    6. Be American (or be prepared to get up at 5am at the latest)

I know _you_ personally don't have a problem with it, Emeryt, and I'm sorta getting used to it as well, but I think we're getting a little Stockholm Syndrome-y here.
  • I wouldn't call it Stockholm Syndrome really. For me dawn ending times are just better. Though I fully understand most of the European players. You have to be either stupid or very dedicated (or both) to wake up because of a computer game.

Besides, I already opted for more variety at ending times - not each 12hours, but each 6hours.

2 new ending times from the EU player perspective then:

midnight ending - perfect for spending evening with MPQ (which we usualy do...).
    noon ending - early morning grinding, then shield. in case of events - we can grind later, thus secure better place without waking up at sick hours. mobile players - perfect for playing at work/ school.

From the West Coast player perspective:

3am ending - late night push, shield for 3hrs at 12pm.
    3pm ending - good for mobile players.

From the East Coast player perspective:

6am ending - feel EU players' pain icon_e_wink.gif
    6pm ending - both West Coast and EU find it convenient, so why not N.Y.?

From the Asia and Australia located player perspective:

around 7am ending - much better than 6am - 1 hr sleep more
    around 7pm ending - again, better than 6pm - You can start Your evening with MPQ.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    I wouldn't call it Stockholm Syndrome really. For me dawn ending times are just better. Though I fully understand most of the European players. You have to be either stupid or very dedicated (or both) to wake up because of a computer game.

Besides, I already opted for more variety at ending times - not each 12hours, but each 6hours.

2 new ending times from the EU player perspective then:

midnight ending - perfect for spending evening with MPQ (which we usualy do...).
    noon ending - early morning grinding, then shield. in case of events - we can grind later, thus secure better place without waking up at sick hours. mobile players - perfect for playing at work/ school.

From the West Coast player perspective:

3am ending - late night push, shield for 3hrs at 12pm.
    3pm ending - good for mobile players.

From the East Coast player perspective:

6am ending - feel EU players' pain icon_e_wink.gif
    6pm ending - both West Coast and EU find it convenient, so why not N.Y.?

From the Asia and Australia located player perspective:

around 7am ending - much better than 6am - 1 hr sleep more
    around 7pm ending - again, better than 6pm - You can start Your evening with MPQ.

Just have to say: I love that you did the math on this to prove that event ending times can be set to appeal to multiple regions. icon_e_smile.gif
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I really like the idea of end times being every six hours. Even as an East Coast player, having some variety would be nice. The six am ending would be rough but doable.