Health packs and many many many events

Options
If the new norm is constant pve with multi pvp things going on I think a change to health packs need to happen. Being unable in one event because another event wiped you out isn't fun.

A nice boon to keep us playing would be double the health packs to 10 or half the recharge wait from 35 to 15

Comments

• I'd prefer they just eliminate the healing system entirely and auto-heal everyone to 100% between rounds. The healing system is the biggest problem this game has; it adds tedium, reduces risk-taking, and doesn't even get them that much money. The game would be a lot more fun without it.
  • Unknown
    edited April 2014
    Options
    That's a good point considering the increase in content.

But it also means you need a well balanced roster. Even when there are multiple events going on at same time, the featured characters are usually not the same for them. In some cases like Heroic or specific PvP (like Dark Avengers only), the available roster is even more restricted. So you can use team A in event 1, team B in event 2, and your remaining strongest characters in PvP, for example.
  • Welcome to F2P gaming, it's obvious you might be new to this concept.

Timers are a staple and putting psychological pressure on the user to circumvent the timer is a big revenue earner.
  • I get f2p. Free doesn't mean not fun. If I'm having fun then I'll spend money in other areas. Buying health packs isn't fun. Grinding out prologue to heal isn't fun. Being able to play when I want for the full time I wanna play is fun and will open my wallet. I've already spent 40 on the game amd have no issue doing 20 a month for tokens

But doing 3 nodes In a upscaled event and burning all my health packs on one team then using my pvp team one match on a unlucky cascade wiping out the needed character then not being able to play to my full potemtial isn't fun.

Games are meant to be fun. Not 10 min of wow then 40 min of F This game.

And a balanced roster doesn't help if on event wiped out all your packs. Just means you get maybe only 2 or 3 fights with your other roster

Edit. The 5 pack 35 min was working fine when one or maybe 2 events were going. But right now there ar 5 diff ones going on. Changing her timer or upping the limit doesn't seem such a drastic idea
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    Welcome to F2P gaming, it's obvious you might be new to this concept.

Timers are a staple and putting psychological pressure on the user to circumvent the timer is a big revenue earner.

For most games, waiting is the only real mechanism they have. For this one, there's enough other stuff - and health packs are a pretty tiny part of their income, going by posted figures - that they could eliminate the mechanism without, quite possibly, taking any hit - the hp would just go into covers/shields/slots. D3 is not automatically right, and not everything they do they think makes them money actually does. This feels more like something they were told they were supposed to fit into the game because it's f2p; it fits very inorganically into the game.

They say they want to encourage risk-taking. This game punishes risk-taking so ridiculously severely through the healing mission that it's never going to happen with this broken mechanic.
  • Or if Health pack refresh rate was proportional to number of events running.
  • If you burn through multiple teams and all 5 health packs in 10 minutes, then something's not right. Maybe you were grinding too much before and your scaling is high in PvE events or you're fighting against too high enemies in PvP. Not saying that's your fault, but it doesn't sound like increasing health packs will help you much given the game mechanics.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Or if Health pack refresh rate was proportional to number of events running.

This is an idea. Either proportional to the number of events running, or have health packs that you can only use in a specific event. (Not exactly sure how you would enforce this, though.)

You're not going through health packs in 10 minutes, but if you have a block of a couple hours in the evening where you want to play through two subs of the current PvE event and also play a few matches in the PvP, you're going to run out of health packs before you're ready to stop playing. PvE is designed now so that you take damage and need to use heath packs after every battle or every other battle. PvP is better, but it depends on the team.
  • Unknown
    edited April 2014
    Options
    No matter how good you are a bad cascade can ruin any day. I was fully healed up just now and in the first 3 moves an opposing Thor got all his moves off and decimated my team to where I had to use 3 packs. Next match I had it use 1. Next 2. Two more matches and I'm done. Because I've tapped out all 5 pvpers high enough to make gains at 750pts before all the 141 teams are popping up
  • Maybe even pvp and pve packs. 5 of each on the 35 min timer. You can only use pvp ones after you push fight and before the match begins so your committed to fighting after using them
  • Leave them as they are, it works, why fix what's not broken... 36 minutes is a strange number, I thought it was 35 until it was 35:59 when I noticed the recharge... Some games have an hour recharge, so feel grateful it's only half hour lol
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    Welcome to F2P gaming, it's obvious you might be new to this concept.

According to demiurge's own data, this is a small portion of what people are buying. Their top 2 earning streams would not be affected by modifying health packs. The healing system prevents me from trying new characters so I now always run OBW to minimize healing.