*** Sam Wilson (Falcon) *** (Updated)

Comments

• IceIX wrote:
    Rorex wrote:
    In ICEIX's post he says the point is to keep the level low so he is not tanking. So I can guarntee its not going to scale with lvl.
    That's actually one of the two problems we're fixing. At this very moment, that's true. You'd want him to be lower level than anyone else in your group so that he isn't tanking any colors but high enough to get the most effect out of his Purple. There would never be a reason to have him highly leveled, which is definitely substandard. With R52, the increases are planned to be static so that if you want higher numbers on Strike tiles, you're going to have to push his levels up.

So am I getting this right IceIX, a max lvl 5 yellow cover Falcon is still going to 30% increase but the max strike tile possible will be higher then say a lvl 100 Falcon?
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    Rorex wrote:
    So am I getting this right IceIX, a max lvl 5 yellow cover Falcon is still going to 30% increase but the max strike tile possible will be higher then say a lvl 100 Falcon?
    In R51, a level 15 Falcon will have the exact same effect on a Strike tile as a level 141 Falcon, from a 10% to 30% increase per Yellow match depending on ability level. In R52, it's planned that tiles will raise a static amount that increases with level, same as damage on abilities raises with levels. The R52 functionality is not final however, so I can't go into more detail than that on the R52 iteration without tossing out possibly completely erroneous info.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Rorex wrote:
    In R51, a level 15 Falcon will have the exact same effect on a Strike tile as a level 141 Falcon, from a 10% to 30% increase per Yellow match depending on ability level. In R52, it's planned that tiles will raise a static amount that increases with level, same as damage on abilities raises with levels. The R52 functionality is not final however, so I can't go into more detail than that on the R52 iteration without tossing out possibly completely erroneous info.

Great Thanks IceIX.
  • Most people however won't have many fury covers. Being 4 stars he is suppose to be super hard to get...though, I've almost maxed out my xforce wolvie and just finally got my first punisher cover. RNGesus works in mysterious ways
    I don't think he's going into rotation yet. RNGesus can't help you get him, only 10k HP can to max purple, and the other colors are unobtainable
  • Just thinking of the slim chance of pulling a cover =p or to fight long and hard for those covers. Well, he's 4 stars...meaning it's suppose to be hard to get.
  • So I take it all back........... Falcon will be viable.

Fury will likely still be the best cover for Falcon. But since I will not be getting a max lvl Fury any time soon I will likely go Falcon/Punisher/Cap and just avoid matching purple as much as possible. At least until Dr Doom gets his third ability.

Falcon = Cannon Buffer icon_e_wink.gif .
  • Even if you don't have Nick Fury, having Falcon would be a good idea to counter Nick Fury's Escape Plan once you start seeing him, since that CD does some really terrible things to you if you let it resolve.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    Even if you don't have Nick Fury, having Falcon would be a good idea to counter Nick Fury's Escape Plan once you start seeing him, since that CD does some really terrible things to you if you let it resolve.
    I think you're vastly overestimating the number of people who'll use him at 0/0/X, most likely 1 or 2, given how expensive it is to upgrade 4*s.

I wish they'd waited on the nerfs until after they had the solution put together, like they did for patch, since at only 10%, he's going to be 100% worthless in the inevitable 'falcon required/buffed' events
  • Spoit wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Even if you don't have Nick Fury, having Falcon would be a good idea to counter Nick Fury's Escape Plan once you start seeing him, since that CD does some really terrible things to you if you let it resolve.
    I think you're vastly overestimating the number of people who'll use him at 0/0/X, most likely 1 or 2, given how expensive it is to upgrade 4*s.

I wish they'd waited on the nerfs until after they had the solution put together, like they did for patch, since at only 10%, he's going to be 100% worthless in the inevitable 'falcon required/buffed' events

It'll probably be a pretty long time before there are enough Nick Furys out there yes but it's always good to think ahead.

They really should get the static number thing in as soon as possible, preferably with larger values for attack/protect tiles too, as those are nowhere as valuable as strike tiles.
  • Phantron wrote:

I personally think their is a far better counter to a CD for 8 blue AP, cMag's blue.
    Phantron wrote:
    They really should get the static number thing in as soon as possible, preferably with larger values for attack/protect tiles too, as those are nowhere as valuable as strike tiles.

I agree. Unless they have differing buffs for attack tiles and protect tiles this will almost only be used to buff strike tiles. Here is a brief comparision of the effect on strike tiles vs attack tile:

Attack Tiles:
    Doom Attack Tile 185 damage per turn +30% buff = 240 damage per turn. 3 Tiles means 165 damage per turn. Total AP required = 12 Black Ap and one yellow match.
    Psylocke Attack Tile 231 damage per turn +30% buff = 300 damage per turn. 3 Tiles means 207 damage per turn. Total AP required = 18 Black Ap and one yellow match.
    Human Torch Attack Tile 192 damage per turn +30% buff = 250 damage per turn. 3 Tiles means 174 damage per turn. Total AP required = 10 Black Ap and one yellow match.

Stike Tiles:
    Patch Strike Tile 148 damage per attack + 30% buff = 192 damage per attack. 3 tiles means 132 damage per attack. Total AP required = 9 Green Ap and one yellow match.
    Punisher Strike Tile 104 damage per attack + 30% buff = 135 damage per attack. 3 tiles means 93 damage per attack. Total AP required = 8 Green Ap and one yellow match.
    Psylocke Strike Tile 192 damage per attack + 30% buff = 250 damage per attack. 3 tiles means 174 damage per attack. Total AP required = 21 Red Ap and one yellow match.
    Black Panther Strike Tile 153 damage per attack + 30% buff = 199 damage per attack. 3 tiles means 138 damage per attack. Total AP required = 9 Yellow Ap and 45 enviromental (4 matchs) and one yellow match.

As this comparision clearly shows not only can you buff Punisher and Patch's strike tiles earlier than Human Torch and Dooms Attack Tiles(turn 4 vs turn 5) but obviously an increase of around 100 to strike tiles is going to be more effective than an around 170 damage increase to attack tiles. Also assuming you can match another set of yellow on the fifth turn, your looking at a 216 damage increase using Punisher and between a 264 and 306 damage increase using Patch.

A 30% increase to strike tiles should mean a 50% increase to attack and protect tiles IMO.
  • Don't forget that boosting strike tiles boosts multiple times vs attack and protect. So a 30% boost to a strike tile with like OBW or anything or even a cascade is much stronger
  • @Rorex Black panther will cover falcon on all but purple then you just need c mags or spiderman.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    yeah I was crunching the numbers and it could get out of hand really quick, I'm glad they brough him in. I mean look at just Punisher. You create 3 strike tiles at 104 each. then mach yellow they go up to 182 each, match yellow again 318 a piece. Match yellow a third time 557 and so on and so forth. yeah, that was going to get out of hand really quick. I like how they are at least basing it off of his lvl, but you almost want the % increase to go off of the base damage of the tile, for example if they kept the 75% and you had 100 strike tile, it would go to 175, but if you match again, instead of being another 75% of 175, it would just be 75% of the original 100 strike tile, so it only goes up 75 each time instead of 75-131-229 etc.
  • @Rorex Black panther will cover falcon on all but purple then you just need c mags or spiderman.

BP is good cover for Falcon but the issue is that their yellows kind of clash. Assume even best case scenario you get the nine yellow need to use battle plan and you have enough enviromental tiles to get 3 strike tiles down (by the way your pobably 7 turns in min. at this point) and thier are still enough yellow on the board to make matches! Your problem now is that the strike tiles are on the yellows. So inorder to keep making matches and buffing tiles you're probably going to end up eliminating some of you're strike tiles. And given a board of 69 tiles chances are given the 7 tile types that only 9-10 yellows will be there to start but you need that just to use the ability then you need at least 3 more to make a match and buff. The odds start becoming slim pretty quick. Its better if the strike tiles are on a color other than yellow as thats what you will be matching.

Also cMags, as weird and unexplianed as it is, has the color priority of Blue/Red/Yellow. So no purple coverage their. You could use Spidey but he only has 725 more HP and creates protect tiles plus your goign to be matching his yellow web tiles. Not exactly ideal. So your choices of Purple cover is BWGS and DD. BWGS has the same hp so no point there and while DD has the HP IMO he is not worth using.

That said purple is Falcon's power in my books that you shouldn't be using, as I noted it reduces the probabilty of buffing the tiles you want buffed, so its like last match priority so not really necceasry for cover there. In short Cap is the best option unless you want Falcon tanking yellow or are not planning on maxing his lvl.
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    yeah I was crunching the numbers and it could get out of hand really quick, I'm glad they brough him in. I mean look at just Punisher. You create 3 strike tiles at 104 each. then mach yellow they go up to 182 each, match yellow again 318 a piece. Match yellow a third time 557 and so on and so forth. yeah, that was going to get out of hand really quick. I like how they are at least basing it off of his lvl, but you almost want the % increase to go off of the base damage of the tile, for example if they kept the 75% and you had 100 strike tile, it would go to 175, but if you match again, instead of being another 75% of 175, it would just be 75% of the original 100 strike tile, so it only goes up 75 each time instead of 75-131-229 etc.

I agree a cumulitive buffing is just nasty, paticullary with Fury.

As great is Punisher is I am really considering going with Patch. The number are just too good. Going off the old numbers as the lvl 5 buff at lvl 141 (which is an assumption) lets say its 70%. For easy comparision lets say your Patch is 3/5/5. So for 9 green he creates 3 friendly attack tiles. There still 148 Strength each to start so here is how is progresses: 148-252-428-728. So six matches (optimistic) into a game you have 3 728 strength strike tiles adding a total of 2,184 damage to each match or attack. Yikes! I think thats an argument for the 3/5/5 Patch build over any other.

Punisher in the same situation will be doing 511 per tile or 1533 per match or attack. Which is good but thats a full tile gap.

A Patch/BP/Falcon line up might be hard to beat. BPs black will do 3162+2184=5346 damage to each team member as early as 10th turn icon_e_surprised.gif .

Even with 50% buff it would go 148-222-333-500 with 3 tiles =1500. BPs black will do 3162+1500=4662 damage to each team member as early as 10th turn. With the match damage leading up to that your likely going to down the majoirty of a team.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Was it confirmed it had cumulative buffing?
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spoit wrote:
    Was it confirmed it had cumulative buffing?

pretty sure, assuming the description of the ability is correct, on match % increase to strike, defense, attack tile nothing about base value, hence the pre-release nerf
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    waiting on the big spenders to max him out......
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    I don't quite understand his blue ability.....what happens when the countdown tile gets destroyed? is the difference between countdown tile and no countdown tile just that he won't need 8 stored ap if the time runs down?
  • I don't quite understand his blue ability.....what happens when the countdown tile gets destroyed? is the difference between countdown tile and no countdown tile just that he won't need 8 stored ap if the time runs down?

When the countdown tile gets destroyed, redwing returns (and if you still have 8 blue AP stored) he goes again