*** The Hood (Classic) ***

Comments

• Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    Finally finished levelling my hood I think he is my most used character. There are very few times when he isn't a valuable addition to the team.
  • Hmm....I'll have to check and see if it is 9 or more he steals...or it is more than 9 steal...he's still awesome but that 1 extra does make a difference on the board.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hmm....I'll have to check and see if it is 9 or more he steals...or it is more than 9 steal...he's still awesome but that 1 extra does make a difference on the board.

It seems to work as long as there is at least 9 tiles of that color. I think it should have read if 9 tiles or more of that color, but I could have miscounted, but pretty sure you only need 9 of one color.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Hmm....I'll have to check and see if it is 9 or more he steals...or it is more than 9 steal...he's still awesome but that 1 extra does make a difference on the board.

It seems to work as long as there is at least 9 tiles of that color. I think it should have read if 9 tiles or more of that color, but I could have miscounted, but pretty sure you only need 9 of one color.
    Nope it's MORE than 9. I have a 5 blue Hood. See here: I made a 4-match, killing a character and gaining various AP. They made a normal red match. Next turn, I steal nothing and there are precisely 9 red on the board.
    7cOb2zGl.png

See, there are almost always 9 tiles of a given colour on the board (64/7 = 9,14). If the Hood stole AP of each colour each turn he'd be considered more broken than Spidey.
  • Damn, i was under the impression that it was 9 or more. Thanks for doing the research!
  • over_clocked
    Never worry, the Hood is still the best defensive character you can invest into.
  • Phaserhawk
    I concur, just checked and I had a board with 9 tiles out and it did not steal, so confirmed must be at least 10 tiles for the steal.
  • I bought a few covers to finish him off and don't regret it at all. He gets so much better fully covered.
  • GigerHR
    GigerHR Posts: 54 Match Maker
    I finally just pulled my 5th blue cover out of a standard token (first 3* out of a standard in about a month). Sitting 4/5/4, and I'm trying to decide if I buy the 5th yellow, or just hold off until I come across it randomly/as a tourney reward. His blue at 5 is obviously the most important, but there have been a couple times where not having the turn end after using his yellow would have been useful...

Suggestions?
  • over_clocked
    GigerHR wrote:
    I finally just pulled my 5th blue cover out of a standard token (first 3* out of a standard in about a month). Sitting 4/5/4, and I'm trying to decide if I buy the 5th yellow, or just hold off until I come across it randomly/as a tourney reward. His blue at 5 is obviously the most important, but there have been a couple times where not having the turn end after using his yellow would have been useful...

Suggestions?
    have you already passed day 120 in the game?
  • GigerHR
    GigerHR Posts: 54 Match Maker
    sadly yes... day 175 (I have a different yellow cover to look forward to on day 180)
  • Phaserhawk
    GigerHR wrote:
    sadly yes... day 175 (I have a different yellow cover to look forward to on day 180)

what cover is that? I'm at day 171 and I can only see up to day 178 which is a heroic token. I got my red x-force a couple days ago now 3/2/2, what's funny is i have him almost better covered than my 4/0/5 spiderman icon_e_sad.gif
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    GigerHR wrote:

what cover is that? I'm at day 171 and I can only see up to day 178 which is a heroic token. I got my red x-force a couple days ago now 3/2/2, what's funny is i have him almost better covered than my 4/0/5 spiderman icon_e_sad.gif
    Yellow X-Force Wolverine.
  • over_clocked
    Just got my Day 120 yellow Hood. Sadly it only made my Hood 4/5/3 so I went and bought the 5th with the HP I had saved. Feels good. Now to farm ISO to max out the Hood!
  • Phaserhawk
    locked wrote:
    Just got my Day 120 yellow Hood. Sadly it only made my Hood 4/5/3 so I went and bought the 5th with the HP I had saved. Feels good. Now to farm ISO to max out the Hood!

you will be very happy.
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    Do you think it is worth it to max out Hoods level to 141? I have him at lvl 100 just so he can hide behind my other heroes (cMags and Punisher usually). Since his abilities don't scale well with levels it seems wasteful to spend precious iso just for the extra 1000 hp. Also at lvl 100 Hood does not claim yellow tiles from maxed Patch which may be crucial for the Best there is ability.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    poomermon wrote:
    Do you think it is worth it to max out Hoods level to 141?

The Hood was my first level 141, and he's a key player in my roster. However, your assessment looks correct. His Twin Pistols and Intimidation do lousy damage even at max level. Twin Pistols is fantastic for clearing the board AND getting 18 valuable AP, usually in the color someone else needs. Intimidation is fantastic for countdown tiles, particularly for Cap and Torch. Leveling Hood up would not help with that.
  • He's pretty darn squishy though and you want him alive as long as possible to leach and clear the board. Maxing him out puts him just at 4350 health points....lousy for a 3 star but still enough to take a few hits and stay alive. His blue skill doesn't scale with level (if it did, it would be god tier). and only the tile destruction damage scales with yellow and black...the damage is only 890 max at 3 covers, lvl 141. (i have him 5/5/3). he's a great tool but can't win fights on his own.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    He's pretty darn squishy though and you want him alive as long as possible to leach and clear the board. Maxing him out puts him just at 4350 health points....lousy for a 3 star but still enough to take a few hits and stay alive. His blue skill doesn't scale with level (if it did, it would be god tier). and only the tile destruction damage scales with yellow and black...the damage is only 890 max at 3 covers, lvl 141. (i have him 5/5/3). he's a great tool but can't win fights on his own.

Yeah, even though his abilities dont scale well with level, getting him to non-paper amounts of health is pretty important if you want to use him effectively in PvP.
  • He's probably my favorite (albeit, ONLY 141 cover so far) character to use. and getting his yellow is so satisfying. Would like to see his black somehow get more use though. 9 black fires off too slow for what it does. which isn't a whole lot unless you line up cap or any other countdown timer.