**** Nick Fury (Director of S.H.I.E.L.D) ****

Comments

• Phantron wrote:
    You only get half damage for matching them yourself, since those are supposed to be traps after all. But the difference between Demolition and Daredevil's trap is that, even if it just goes +1 trap per level, you've at least 6 traps at level 5 and only one of them has to be tripped to set off all of them so the chances are pretty good.

Random idea for Avenger Assemble. I assume level 3-5 requires you to hold 5 AP in other colors to get the other moves, and if you don't have that many AP then whoever is supposed to come just doesn't come. How about if it summons Devil Dino for a prehistoric bite only if all 5 Avengers showed up? That'd require you to have 12y + 5 AP in 4 other colors (assuming pattern is consistent). He can bite for just 1K for all I care. It'd just be an awesome coup de grace to finish someone off.

That would be pla pretty cool secret part of the ability...maybe if all scavengers come out AMD the opponent has less than 15% or something then dd does a ko bite. That would be pretty cool. I mean, the move sounds rather nice and inventive on its own already..this would make it even.nicer.
  • Nick Fury looks crazily powerful at the moment and with all the hype going on, I think we're missing something. What cha gonna do when he comes for you (@ lvl 400)? Think of a not too distant future of a simulator with nick fury and a couple of goons that feed his colours... Then think of the forum uproar...
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Lol, Nick Fury, Maggia Don and a HAMMER Spy, what could go wrong?
  • Phantron wrote:
    You only get half damage for matching them yourself, since those are supposed to be traps after all.

Yeah I've been quoted a few times with the wrong info, I hadn't reread IceIX's edit to the ability when I wrote that. It originally said it does X damage "to each" when enemies match it and both go off and X/2 damage when you match one. Sorry that my comment has spread misinformation.
  • I'm staring to think the purpose of nick fury is to take on level 400 opponents
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    davecazz wrote:
    I'm staring to think the purpose of nick fury is to take on level 400 opponents
    Or how about Simulator event with level 400 Nick Fury/Lazy Daken/Patch (or whoever) as your opponent?
  • It seems to me that Nick Fury pairs up very well with The Hood. Hood's blue feeds you an array of miscellaneous AP to power Fury's yellow, and Hood's black accelerates Fury's purple CD so you're much more likely to have the AP steal/strike tile go off.
  • Honestly Nick Fury wouldn't be that tough as an opponent even at level 400 simply for the fact that 4*s scale way slower. At level 400 he'd probably have 14K HP and do like 1.8X the damage of his listed stats, so Escape Plan might do like 5K damage and leave a 800 strength strike tile behind, but even a normal 3* can survive the initial hit at 141 and hopefully you got a plan to deal with the CD tile. His move still needs a lot of AP so you still have time to prepare for them and/or steal his AP (unless he's with some goons of his colors, then you're screwed but no more than say, lazy Thor + 2 green generators). His match 3 would actually be relatively weak, and part of the problem with level 400 guys is when they match 3 for 600 damage, even with all the cheap tricks in the world you're just not going to take too many 600 damage match 3s before you die.
  • One of his powers shouldve been black.

Because, uhh...
    you know.

He's cool?

icon_neutral.gif
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    Honestly Nick Fury wouldn't be that tough as an opponent even at level 400 simply for the fact that 4*s scale way slower. At level 400 he'd probably have 14K HP and do like 1.8X the damage of his listed stats, so Escape Plan might do like 5K damage and leave a 800 strength strike tile behind, but even a normal 3* can survive the initial hit at 141 and hopefully you got a plan to deal with the CD tile. His move still needs a lot of AP so you still have time to prepare for them and/or steal his AP (unless he's with some goons of his colors, then you're screwed but no more than say, lazy Thor + 2 green generators). His match 3 would actually be relatively weak, and part of the problem with level 400 guys is when they match 3 for 600 damage, even with all the cheap tricks in the world you're just not going to take too many 600 damage match 3s before you die.
    Plus it's a countdown tile too. The trap might be more of a risk
  • Gapsule wrote:
    One of his powers shouldve been black.

Because, uhh...
    you know.

He's cool?

icon_neutral.gif

I vote to make his purple black...only because I'd rather replace punisher on my team of mag/pun/lt than mag or lazy thor...assuming his yellow is good. It might be garbage not worth the effort to use for all I know. 2k+ damage and 9 green for 12 ap is pretty hard to beat, especially with it leading into cots. Those last few yellow lvls will have to be pretty good to make it worthwhile to have that ap stored before using it...especially if at 12 yellow base all it does is use a version of cap's yellow as I suspect the machine won't intelligently stow ap just for his yellow. Hell, just WATCH them code it so the machine will have 10+ of every color and use fury's yellow LAST ...lol..
  • Any word on whether the trap tile will be target or random? It says they set at "reported enemy locations" and since we all know that the AI can't refuse a match 4, it would be epic if we could choose the trap location. Might make the power too good though... icon_eek.gif
  • I'm not sure if it's been mentioned before, but does anyone know around how long it usually takes for a new character to get into the Packs? I'm one of the (I'm assuming) many who'll be hanging onto their Heroic 10 Pack for until Fury is in it to try to get one. Anyone have a guess?
  • RichHurtz wrote:
    I'm not sure if it's been mentioned before, but does anyone know around how long it usually takes for a new character to get into the Packs? I'm one of the (I'm assuming) many who'll be hanging onto their Heroic 10 Pack for until Fury is in it to try to get one. Anyone have a guess?

Usually, it's a few weeks after their official rollout. This isn't considered Fury's official rollout, rather a preview, so it could easily be months.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    RichHurtz wrote:
    I'm not sure if it's been mentioned before, but does anyone know around how long it usually takes for a new character to get into the Packs? I'm one of the (I'm assuming) many who'll be hanging onto their Heroic 10 Pack for until Fury is in it to try to get one. Anyone have a guess?

Usually, it's a few weeks after their official rollout. This isn't considered Fury's official rollout, rather a preview, so it could easily be months.
    Ive got 92 tokens and counting saved up for this purpose
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    RichHurtz wrote:

Ive got 92 tokens and counting saved up for this purpose

Holy ****.

And a few months possibly? Yargh. That's nicht so gut. At least now we can check the odds for the different packs, so it'll be easy to tell when he's available. icon_razz.gif This probably isn't the topic for it, but if event specific tokens still aren't spent in the period after an event ends, do they turn into Heroic tokens or just disappear? If they'll turn into Heroic tokens, I might start saving them as well to give myself a better shot at getting Fury covers.
  • mischiefmaker
    mischiefmaker Posts: 932
    RichHurtz wrote:
    This probably isn't the topic for it, but if event specific tokens still aren't spent in the period after an event ends, do they turn into Heroic tokens or just disappear? If they'll turn into Heroic tokens, I might start saving them as well to give myself a better shot at getting Fury covers.
    Neither -- they stay in the store as a "event ended" token. If a new event starts using the same token, they're the same. That is, if you have an expired Army of One token, and a new Punisher event starts, your old token and any new tokens you earn/buy are the same.

This means that if you don't need the featured hero, you're better off hoarding the token, hoping they run the same event later with newer heroes added.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    RichHurtz wrote:
    This probably isn't the topic for it, but if event specific tokens still aren't spent in the period after an event ends, do they turn into Heroic tokens or just disappear? If they'll turn into Heroic tokens, I might start saving them as well to give myself a better shot at getting Fury covers.
    Neither -- they stay in the store as a "event ended" token. If a new event starts using the same token, they're the same. That is, if you have an expired Army of One token, and a new Punisher event starts, your old token and any new tokens you earn/buy are the same.

This means that if you don't need the featured hero, you're better off hoarding the token, hoping they run the same event later with newer heroes added.

This is true. I'm sitting on event tokens from back when they made the change. Would be ice if at some point the would convert to heroics.
  • TheHueyFreeman
    TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    So will anyone be buying covers and leveling purple fury?

How man levels does that vet you for a 4 star?
  • This has probably been said already but it's gonna suck when he's required for a mission next Pve and we have only had opportunity to win 1 cover of 1 color. Really wish they woulda did a full release. Make this season drama worth it. icon_e_smile.gif