*** Daken (Classic) ***

Comments

• Phantron wrote:
    Daken 2* currently generates 2 104 strike tiles at level 195. Scale this to level 141 you get 2X75 strike tiles.

Daken 3* would have a level cap of 115 because he only has two abilities.

Check the first page. ICEIX leaked that he will have a third ability. Blue but we don't know what it will be. Thank god for that another 3* star with 2 abilities would have driven me to drink, not that I don't already icon_lol.gif
  • Rorex wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    The Punisher and Black Panther are probably the strongest a character can be and have a game to be considered technically balanced. Although The Punisher's abilities are probably too good overall, they're not so powerful that there is literally nothing you can do about it, and if you assume someone's got to be the strongest character in any game, then The Punisher is at least a choice I can tolerate for most powerful. Black Panther is similar in the sense that one of his skill is way overpowered (Rage of the Panther) but his other two skils are medicore enough that you can accept him as a pinnacle of power in a technically balanced game.

I think people just doesn't think Captain is overpowered because there are quite a few guys who are above The Punisher level, and if you compare one broken character to another it's hard to say who is more broken than others, and certainly there is at least two guys more broken than Captain (Magneto and Spiderman), and lazy Thor probably too.

Its my opinion the MPQ has moved away from nerfing characters and toward making new characters more powerful. I mean look at the recent releases. You got Lazy Thor - OP, Human Torch (arguably all three of his abilities are at least 2nd best of their color), Lazy Cap (with great HP and a great red), etc. I can't even remember the last character released that was much weaker than Punisher, what Psylocke? Still pretty good. Ares epic 2*.

I mean really hasn't been a new character as of late that I was like nnaaahhhh I'll pass. Up next Lazy Daken, Falcon and some 4*. Based on the hints we have been given none of them will suck.

You can have more powerful character but there's a difference between a character like lazy Thor versus Human Torch. Human Torch is probably the same tier as The Punisher. Although HT has 3 skills that are around #2 in their colors, they're hard for the AI to use (big deal in PvP). He has less than normal HP, and he overlaps on colors with the primary powerhouse characters which makes his power not as good as they seen. For example, having the 2nd best green around is meaningless if you got Thor, who is #1 in green and way better on defense.

I don't buy this gold character = super powerful, just because Thor and Captain are both far ahead of the power curve. It's fine for characters to be as strong or arguably stronger than Punisher. After all it'd be pretty unexciting for players and pretty bad economically for D3 is The Punisher is all we'll ever get in terms of power. But a character like lazy Thor is an entire tier above The Punisher, and I don't want to see more characters like that. Like I said The Punisher is the strongest characters I'm willing to accept for a technically balanced game (he's strong but it doesn't feel like you absolutely must have him to stand a chance. If you can only have Psylocke instead of Punisher, it's at least workable), and you can have some margin of error there too, but the gold characters are way beyond margin of error in their power compared to The Punisher so far and that's not good.
  • Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    Rolex you forgot about daredevil.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    Daken 2* currently generates 2 104 strike tiles at level 195. Scale this to level 141 you get 2X75 strike tiles.

Daken 3* would have a level cap of 115 because he only has two abilities.
    Read the OP, he's getting a blue
  • Copps wrote:
    Rorex you forgot about daredevil.

Fair Enoungh. I essentially passed on DD. But to be fair he does pack a punch when his traps go off. 7 red AP for 7712 damage is pretty crazy. Problem is with the whole trap mechanic, its to easy to avoid/destroy traps. On paper DD looks good he has a steal, a stun, and a damage ability it just doens't translate to the game.
  • Phantron wrote:
    I don't buy this gold character = super powerful, just because Thor and Captain are both far ahead of the power curve. It's fine for characters to be as strong or arguably stronger than Punisher. After all it'd be pretty unexciting for players and pretty bad economically for D3 is The Punisher is all we'll ever get in terms of power. But a character like lazy Thor is an entire tier above The Punisher, and I don't want to see more characters like that. Like I said The Punisher is the strongest characters I'm willing to accept for a technically balanced game (he's strong but it doesn't feel like you absolutely must have him to stand a chance. If you can only have Psylocke instead of Punisher, it's at least workable), and you can have some margin of error there too, but the gold characters are way beyond margin of error in their power compared to The Punisher so far and that's not good.

The idea that gold characters = super powerful is an assumption so it could be wrong.

I 100% agree that LT is way to powerful and that I don't want to see characters go that way. Its really like Ragnarok all over again. But despite what I want it seems that the characters coming out are consitently more powerful then the originals. Even the new Falcon while not a game breaker like LT is pretty nasty. It certianly makes a lot of the older 3* look like a joke. I mean look at IM40...... At some point some more fun balance will need to be done.

What I do like about what D3 has been doing (excluding the gold characters) is all the new mechanics being introduced. I mean Psylocke had a new mechanic (with the red strike tiles lower ability cost), DD (with the trap), Human Torch (with the available AP based countdown), and now Falcon with the strike, attack, protect tile passive buff. Each of these adds one more thing you need to be aware of when fighting an opponent. And as they add more like them the game will become much more about skill and less about the LT pay to win style of game play.
  • I'm surprised no one has mentioned that Daken is going to be an adamantium-hard counter to one of the current flavors of the month, The Hood.

Although very powerful in his own right, The Hood isn't going to last long at all with his fragile health pool against Daken's free strike tiles. Even Dormammu cannot save the Hood, when the low, low cost of strike tiles is 0 AP.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daken's going to be a problem for a lot of characters, not just Hood. The high-level Dakens in the Hunt event are brutal. If Lazy Daken even comes close to that, he's going to be one of the most powerful (and annoying) 3* characters. His strike tiles trigger on every green match -- and how many characters need that green AP? Actually, Hood might be in better shape than say, GSBW or Punisher, since Hood wouldn't need green AP.

I wish Daken only created strike tiles when his team made a green match, I think that'd be better. As it is... I'm really not looking forward to his arrival.
  • Rorex wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

The idea that gold characters = super powerful is an assumption so it could be wrong.

I 100% agree that LT is way to powerful and that I don't want to see characters go that way. Its really like Ragnarok all over again. But despite what I want it seems that the characters coming out are consitently more powerful then the originals. Even the new Falcon while not a game breaker like LT is pretty nasty. It certianly makes a lot of the older 3* look like a joke. I mean look at IM40...... At some point some more fun balance will need to be done.

What I do like about what D3 has been doing (excluding the gold characters) is all the new mechanics being introduced. I mean Psylocke had a new mechanic (with the red strike tiles lower ability cost), DD (with the trap), Human Torch (with the available AP based countdown), and now Falcon with the strike, attack, protect tile passive buff. Each of these adds one more thing you need to be aware of when fighting an opponent. And as they add more like them the game will become much more about skill and less about the LT pay to win style of game play.

Nick Fury looks like the right direction. He has impressive stats, but his yellow presumably requires you to have 12y and holding 5 AP of 4 other colors to maximize. Blue is a trap (enough said), and purple is basically a Magnetic Translocation if you stop the CD. He's clearly better than the average 3* but it's not like he just flat out overpowers all opposition without any drawback.

Sometimes I think there are two separate teams working on this game. I can't even fathom what went behind lazy Captain's design. It's like someone was trying to make a P2W character but inexplicably thought Sentinel of Liberty is an awesome ability, so he's like almost balanced because he basically only have 2 abilities.
  • Phantron wrote:
    Nick Fury looks like the right direction. He has impressive stats, but his yellow presumably requires you to have 12y and holding 5 AP of 4 other colors to maximize. Blue is a trap (enough said), and purple is basically a Magnetic Translocation if you stop the CD. He's clearly better than the average 3* but it's not like he just flat out overpowers all opposition without any drawback.

Sometimes I think there are two separate teams working on this game. I can't even fathom what went behind lazy Captain's design. It's like someone was trying to make a P2W character but inexplicably thought Sentinel of Liberty is an awesome ability, so he's like almost balanced because he basically only have 2 abilities.

Yeah I don't really consider Cap overpowered. He's good but CD are so mishandled by the AI and really there are a lot of characters that can remove them. Certianly more powerful than alot of characters but not broken.

LT is the game breaker. I am starting to believe that they release a character like this once in a while just so all the P2W buy it up then eventually nerf the character. I mean compare LT to Fury.... More HP, more synergy, more board control and as far as we can tell more damage. Certianly CTS does more damage then escape plan, its hard to say what damage demolition will be doing but its trap damage so kind of hard to compare it to a direct attack ability. It will be the power of Fury's yellow that may distiguish him from a good 3 star. But even then its unlikely that the AI will play Fury better than it plays the broken LT.

So while I hope Daken isn't OP. I am not sure they wont release another P2W character. I have actually been watching to see excatly when the P2W type characters get released in relation to financial reporting. Interestingly enough LT was released the start of the last month of the 1st quarter. Makes me question if they were not happy with their position financially and released him to boost revenues. That wouldn't reflect on the developers so much as some manager or CEO.
  • Turducken! After the crazy dish.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turducken

I nominate this as his forum name.
  • Lazy Daken is a a chicken inside a duck inside a turkey? I'm not following the logic here...

They are incredibly tasty, expensive and takes forever to roast. Still not following...

A bird meat inception of meat within meats...still not following...

icon_question.gif
  • Lazy Daken is a a chicken inside a duck inside a turkey? I'm not following the logic here...

They are incredibly tasty, expensive and takes forever to roast. Still not following...

A bird meat inception of meat within meats...still not following...

icon_question.gif

Don't look for any rationality here! I didn't know this character until the game and his name reminds me of the word turducken. Silly really but aren't most good nicknames?
  • I kinda like it myself to be honest ^_^
  • Turducken! After the crazy dish.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turducken

I nominate this as his forum name.

I'm having trouble remembering which series I watched featured this once, was it HIMYM or FRIENDS or something else? Wait, scratch that. I think that was Turturkeykey for HIMYM. I think it's silly but not silly enough.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why oh why though does no one know that you stop L.Thor with the Hood, pure and simple. He doesn't go off, I'm not kidding, he just doesn't, unless there is a very favorable cascade, the hood shuts him down long enough for you to take him out or go off with your own L.Thor.
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    Why oh why though does no one know that you stop L.Thor with the Hood, pure and simple. He doesn't go off, I'm not kidding, he just doesn't, unless there is a very favorable cascade, the hood shuts him down long enough for you to take him out or go off with your own L.Thor.

Really Hood, OBW, Spidey or cMags can pretty easily disarm a LT but the issue is defense. The Hood is great because his steal is stupid AI proof, OBW less so, I can't think of a time the AI stunlocked me (I'm sure it happens but rarely), and well tha AI and cMags don't mix. So Hood is the best choice with OBW as second.

I think the problem with LT is his rediculous synergy, Hp and the absolute availablity of green AP. If green were as hard to come by as say yellow then LT would only be slightly better than BP. Really a bit more HP and the yellow to green synergy would be all that made him better. But there are so many ways to get green AP. Like for example BWGS, HulK, desert enviromental tiles, IM40 lvl 3 battery, Ragnarok, his own Yellow, Hood, Obw, etc. IMO the availabilty of green is what makes him powerful. So there's my Developers Nerf note. Change Call the Storm to a black ability, problem fixed!
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    If the AI doesn't have another blue power to interfere with spidey, it can easily stunlock you if it gets a blue cascade, it just takes a little bit of time to get going
  • Announce his blue power already icon_e_geek.gif
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    That is his blue power. Nothing, they just gave him blue so you can get him to 141, so build him 5/5/3 icon_lol.gif