**** Nick Fury (Director of S.H.I.E.L.D) ****

Comments

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    gambl0r312 wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Posted some stats for Nick (stat line and Purple ability) over in the Announcement for the Season here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6457

"Creates 2 trap tiles that, when matched by the enemy, detonate in unison dealing 348 damage to each (but not generating AP)"

IceIX, does this mean that Demolition is an AOE ability that will nail the whole team?
    Ahh, ****. My mistake in transcribing it. No, it's single target. I'll fix that note.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you match the trap tile, do all trap tiles detonate or only the one that you matched?
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    edited April 2014
    So let's guess what lvl5 Avengers Assemble will do.

1. Cap - Sentinel
    2. IM - Unibeam
    3. BW - Deceptive Tactics
    4. Hulk - Clap
    5. Thor - CoTS
    Pity it's not the other order, y'know...
    Black Widow
    Iron Man
    Thor
    Captain America
    Hulk

The Hulk abilities are not very good so why not give yourself 9k health at this point.

Don't ban me plox
  • Clintman wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:
    Ice(10-1) just posted this:
    Escape Plan - Purple 12 AP
    Enemy intel stolen, Nick Fury leads his team to safety. Deals 210 damage and creates a 3 turn Countdown that, when activated, steals 3 AP from the enemy's strongest color before converting to a 42 Strike tile.
    Level Upgrades

Level 2: Increases Strike tile strength to 147.
    Level 3: 882 damage.
    Level 4: Steals 9 AP.
    Level 5: Reduces Countdown to 2 turns.
    Max Level: 3238 damage, 2 turn Countdown tile stealing 9 AP and leaving a 539 strength Strike tile.

icon_eek.gif
    Holy HELL!!

Thats's just to make you want it, it will be nerfed before we get a chance to use it.
  • davecazz wrote:
    Clintman wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:
    Enemy intel stolen, Nick Fury leads his team to safety. Deals 210 damage and creates a 3 turn Countdown that, when activated, steals 3 AP from the enemy's strongest color before converting to a 42 Strike tile.
    Level Upgrades

Max Level: 3238 damage, 2 turn Countdown tile stealing 9 AP and leaving a 539 strength Strike tile.

icon_eek.gif
    Holy HELL!!

Thats's just to make you want it, it will be nerfed before we get a chance to use it.

I doubt it. It's still 12 ap and it's a 4 star character, so it takes 400k iso to get to that point. Plus his health is less than Hulk's.
  • NorthernPolarity
    davecazz wrote:
    Clintman wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:
    Level Upgrades

icon_eek.gif
    Holy HELL!!

From Cap's ability it feels like the countdown tile mechanic is somewhat inconsistent especially if the placement is random, so its not completelyyyy overpowered: if it doesn't go off it ends up being a weak translocate. If it goes off then it gets crazy, but the chances of it not going off can be pretty high.
  • The purple is going to depend on how powerful his yellow/blue are because as expected the CD reduction comes at level 5, which is crucial to ensure the CD actually survives. Without having the CD surviving you're looking at 12 purple for 3238 damage, which is very good but hardly game breaking. It's roughly on par with a level 3 Magnetic Translocation for this damage.

Now if he's got a throw away ability that nobody would bother getting past level 3 then that could be pretty overpowered, though that'd also mean he has one less useful ability too. I'm guessing this will hinge on how Demolition works out. I can't see Avenger Assemble not being a powerful ability because it seems completely stupid you'd design a crazy ability like that only to have it suck, so if Demolition is actually decent, you'd have a hard time choosing which ability to use. And that's a good thing.
  • Spoit wrote:
    Rorex wrote:
    gamar wrote:
    What exactly does Avengers Assemble do?

Based on the Cap description I would guess he uses an avenger's ability. Sentinel of Liberty is Cap yellow ability. Then based on the need for red Unibeam from IM40 at second level.

Demolition - Finally a Trap Mechanism that creates enough traps to actual be worth using.

Escape plan - quite the mix of ability types in one move. Direct damage, AP steal and a Strike tile. I would guess that each part of the ability gets buffed it gets lvled. Ie Strike tiles first, then Ap steal, then direct damage, then reduced countdown.
    Sentinel of liberty for only 12 yellow? That's a bit OP.

Well I guess that depends if its the 2* or 3* version.
  • grimeon wrote:
    davecazz wrote:

I doubt it. It's still 12 ap and it's a 4 star character, so it takes 400k iso to get to that point. Plus his health is less than Hulk's.
    Don't forget, you actually can't get him that strong regardless. Without the other two abilities, even if you spend the 10k hp, you can't max his level so he won't have that strong an ability
  • IMO 5/3/5 will be the best build.

Personally even with the substantial number of traps for the cheap price I would rather count on the countdown then the enemy making a match. Also traps are useless versus goons. So he will be more useful 5/3/5 in PVE.

I wonder if they nerfed Falcon just because of Fury's strike tile. A 539 strength strike tile getting even the 30% buff is nasty! One match 3 yellow its 700, 2 match 3 yellow its 911, 3 match 3 yellow its 1,184.

New epic PVE team Spidey/Falcon/Fury. Stunlock, Escape plan, match yellow = End of any team even lvl 400 goons. Finshed up with a Heal to start the next lvl. Fury tanks all colours.
  • Rorex wrote:
    IMO 5/3/5 will be the best build.

Personally even with the substantial number of traps for the cheap price I would rather count on the countdown then the enemy making a match. Also traps are useless versus goons. So he will be more useful 5/3/5 in PVE.

I wonder if they nerfed Falcon just because of Fury's strike tile. A 539 strength strike tile getting even the 30% buff is nasty! One match 3 yellow its 700, 2 match 3 yellow its 911, 3 match 3 yellow its 1,184.

New epic PVE team Spidey/Falcon/Fury. Stunlock, Escape plan, match yellow = End of any team even lvl 400 goons. Finshed up with a Heal to start the next lvl. Fury tanks all colours.

Demolition likely have to do something extra cool at the last 2 levels to warrant not taking 5 in Escape Plan, but so far all his ability do pretty crazy things, so I can't rule out Demolition doing something cool like 'trap now damages the entire team' or 'place 15 traps' at the end.
  • Looks like we'll have a 4 star cover that actually looks useful. It is Nick "tiny kitty" Fury (jr.) after all.

This is a late post but...I know with Samuel L. Jackson being the most popular Fury... But in Dark Reign isn't he suppose to be white?

Nick_Fury_(Dark_Reign).jpg
  • Phantron wrote:
    Rorex wrote:

Demolition likely have to do something extra cool at the last 2 levels to warrant not taking 5 in Escape Plan, but so far all his ability do pretty crazy things, so I can't rule out Demolition doing something cool like 'trap now damages the entire team' or 'place 15 traps' at the end.
    Not to mention that these traps aren't DD style traps. If the enemy matches them they all go off, if you match them, whichever you match still goes off, it just only sets itself off, but for full damage. Depending on how it scales the damage alone might be worth it, if enemies match them that's just icing on the cake.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    Level Upgrades

icon_eek.gif
    Maybe I'm crazy, but I was actually expecting more. Going from level 30 to level 230, the damage and strike tile are roughly quadrupled. I would expect a bigger increase for dumping more than 300k iso into him.
  • AethD wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Rorex wrote:

Not to mention that these traps aren't DD style traps. If the enemy matches them they all go off, if you match them, whichever you match still goes off, it just only sets itself off, but for full damage. Depending on how it scales the damage alone might be worth it, if enemies match them that's just icing on the cake.

If you match the trap tile its only half damage.
    IceIX wrote:
    Reward for Alliances only for Season One:
    Nick Fury (Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.)
    4 Star Rarity (Legendary)
    At Max Level: HP: 8162 Tile damage: 70/9/62/10/55/9/3.5x/4

Demolition - Blue 10 AP
    Fury directs his agents to set traps at reported enemy locations. Creates 2 trap tiles that, when matched by the enemy, detonate in unison dealing 348 damage each (but not generating AP). If you match a trap it detonates dealing 174 damage. Enemies cannot see the trap.
    Level Upgrades

Level 2: Creates 3 traps.
    Level 3: ???
    Level 4: ???
    Level 5: ???
    Max Level: ???
  • Phantron wrote:
    I read Sentinel of Liberty as in that's Captain America's title, not the move he's going to do.

Yea, but the lvl 2 requires red ap so my assumption is it does one move correlating to the required color, but at a lowered cost. That means you (let's assume 10 green for thor, 5 purple for gsbw, 5 black for hulk (he uses his green though) for the example) get to do the moves at lowered costs really. @ max 5 it will do as many avenger moves as you have the ap for, so its like having one move of that character really with the 12 yellow maybe or maybe not as the only actual required color to activate. So if you have 12 yellow 2 red, 12 green 1 purple and 20 black, then hulk cap and thor will attack when used and burn thier required ap.

That's my assumption based on what I read. Of course, it could be a totally new move or just pure damage, but it doesn't give enough card info for it to be new abilities for each imo...and the required extra ap means o doubt its just pure damage.
  • Looks like we'll have a 4 star cover that actually looks useful. It is Nick "tiny kitty" Fury (jr.) after all.

This is a late post but...I know with Samuel L. Jackson being the most popular Fury... But in Dark Reign isn't he suppose to be white?

Nick_Fury_(Dark_Reign).jpg
    m

Mhe, they've been using ultimate fury the whole time, why change it? Plus, they could always release the other one later.

Also, they totally did what I kept saying they should do for dd traps with his...finally. id say "so glad I have have 350+k iso saved) but getting covers won't be easy. I can imagine fighting for him will be intense whenever he is available in an event.

Also, extrapolated hp?
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    Also, extrapolated hp?
    I posted his statline in the Seasons Patch Notes.
  • NorthernPolarity
    IceIX wrote:
    Also, extrapolated hp?
    I posted his statline in the Seasons Patch Notes.

Hey IceIX, If you match the trap tile, do all trap tiles detonate or only the one that you matched?
  • Phantron wrote:
    Rorex wrote:

15 traps would be pretty funny. Unlike DD I assume the traps can be on any color so with 15 of them it would really be a minefield. That's what I personal thought they messed up with DD. If I know by animations what move he did then I know what to color avoid matching. Not to mention that only 1 in 69 tiles is traped. Thats like 1.5% those are not good odds. 15 on the other hand thats like 22%. I think after your opponent gets off a 15 trap tile demolition you just want to retreat. I mean 15 x 389 is 5,835 Damage so even with no scaling its going to hurt.

More realistically your probably looking at like 6-7 traps. So like 10% which assuming the damage scales with level still will be potent. But much like DD certian board clearing moves are going to completely disarm it. IE BWGS's green, Hood's Yellow, MMN's CD, etc.