**** Nick Fury (Director of S.H.I.E.L.D) ****

Comments

• So let's guess what lvl5 Avengers Assemble will do.

1. Cap - Sentinel
    2. IM - Unibeam
    3. BW - Deceptive Tactics
    4. Hulk - Clap
    5. Thor - CoTS
  • djpt05
    djpt05 Posts: 178
    gamar wrote:
    What exactly does Avengers Assemble do?

Looks like as the power level increases you will have more of the avengers come to your aid when you use that move (I'm sure Thors power is the 3rd ranking, etc...)

So once you have enough AP for all of the required moves (12 yellow for cap, 5 red for iron man, 14 green (or whatever) for Thor, etc..)

you will unleash all of those powers/animations at the exact same time. You will see cap come out with his shield, iron man use his repulsor, etc...
  • I read Sentinel of Liberty as in that's Captain America's title, not the move he's going to do.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Kamahl_FoK wrote:
    I'm back briefly just to give a colossal what the **** with regards to Nick Fury. Why are you pushing him out before we've even seen Xforce rebalanced? You're literally making a landfill of past characters with moves like this and quite frankly it's a huge slap in the face (on top of a few others you've delivered). I'm hoping that I'm just jumping the gun and that we'll see Xforce changes in the next week or two, but given how feet have been dragging with any character rebalancing, consider my breath not held.

I don't believe that any old characters will be buffed, ever. The power creep is inevitable and D3 must embrace it, since it keeps old and new players interested in the next new shiny character. Essentially, the old characters are being retired with age as they become increasingly obsolete.

I know they said that they would rebalance characters, but I think they've since abandoned those plans, except for one or two "broken" characters.

I will soon sell my 2* Cap, since he is leagues better than his 2* counterpart. I bet Daken will be the same. It's all part of the plan, I'm sure.
  • Phantron wrote:
    So uh... does getting a 147 damage strike tile at level 30 and level 2 purple seem a little crazy to anyone else?

I thought about it, but it uses 12 purple and you have 3 turns to get rid of the CD, and then you can still get rid of the strike tile itself, so it's probably okay for this ability to be a bit ridiculous when it finally resolves safely.

It seems like instead of figuring out how to salvage X Force (which is really hard, because all his ability are straight up damage and it's hard to make them good and not OP on a character with 9K HP) they just decided to start over with Nick Fury. His abilities looks pretty good, outside of Avengers Assemble which we literally have no idea what it does at this point.

I think it'd be funny if Avengers Assemble gets you an extra character on your team (or more). That'd be totally P2W, but having 8 guys on your team sounds cool enough that I don't mind.

Wait what? where the hell is the real Phantron, what did you do to him, or are you just drunk?
    Also in b4 he inevitably asks for a nerf on Fury's yellow. icon_lol.gif
  • MTGOFerret wrote:
    Wait what? where the hell is the real Phantron, what did you do to him, or are you just drunk?
    Also in b4 he inevitably asks for a nerf on Fury's yellow. icon_lol.gif

I probably would've asked for a nerf on that if there was actually any possible way to figure out what it did.

His purple should be changed to "Doomsday Plan" instead of "Escape Plan", because doom is what's going to happen if that CD tile actually resolved. It seems pretty overpowered honestly but 3 turns is an eternity for a CD to survive, so I can see how it's balanced. Also Falcon would literally shut down that ability indefinitely by himself.

I think they should use the picture of the guy with all the gold coins from this forum (think it was a SHIELD guy) on his yellow, have it summon 5 level 400 guys to your team permanently. Or at least make that a boss node.
  • Imagine if his Yellow makes games into 9v3. That is totally fair.
  • Kamahl_FoK wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:
    I think you're being a bit too harsh. It will be a full month before anyone will even win the guy and you will only have one cover of him. Even if you spent 10,000 HP (lol)to max that color out, he's still worthless.

That's not the point here. The issue is that we're seeing a new shiny carrot dangled while the original turd on a stick isn't being polished up at all. Top players will be accruing Fury covers quickly enough (assuming they start putting Xforce / IW covers on prog rewards only for a bit, and just push NF covers for a month or so). I hate giving analogies but I'm sure you can come up with one where people are promised updates to an existing product, and then another is being shoved out before the original has even been touched.

I'm pretty sure IceX said that this is more of a teaser of NF than an actual release. I don't think we'll be seeing too many covers for a long, long time. I'd be willing to bet they revamp XForce long before NF covers become close to common place.

Also his Yellow ability (although we don't know what it actually does) reminds me a bit of Minion from Twisted Metal 1 for playstation. His special attack was just hitting with every other character's special attack at the same time.

Or what about if all your Avenger affiliated characters instantly turn on you!

It's fair against level 400 enemies...
  • ZenBrillig wrote:
    Imagine if his Yellow makes games into 9v3. That is totally fair.

It's fair against level 400 enemies...
    Even then, 1 AOE attack from a level 400 enemy can kill 9 enemies just as easy as 3.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2014
    I see his Avenger's Assemble ability doing one of three things. (it reminds me of Shang Tsung for Mortal Kombat)

I thing it's a fore gone conclusion Fury will have access to one of said charactes abilities albeit at a reduced cost if not all of them.

1. Each avenger assembled will do one of their abilties for the cost of Fury's 12 yellow. So currently you activate Avengers Assemble at level 1 and Cap shows up casting his protect shield but probably only creating 1 shield. IM35 or 40 would also show up at level 2 hence the red needed, but not required to use since the true cost of the ability is 12 yellow, so at level 2 Cap casts a shield and IM40 blasts his repulsor for damage. I'm assuming Blackwidow some version, Hulk and Thor are the other three in that order. With i'm guessing each doing something, thus if you want the full effect of the ability you would want lvl 5. (I have a feeling this is the ability and that it's going to be a very long animation sequence). I"m guessing you would need say 5 purple AP for BW, 5 black for Hulk, and 5 green for Thor each doint something as well.

2. You assume one of the characters for a set amount of time and can use those abilties. (I don't see this as likely since it would cost you 12 yellow just to cast rendering some of the characters like Cap and Thor useless for 2 of their skills.

3. You pay 12 AP, and can then use any of the Avengers skills at reduced costs, so you could pick to choose a cap shield for 6 blue instead of 12 but it would maybe only stun for 1 turn and you get half the defense. (again, this would be a lot of programming, I think option 1 is the most likely, basically a 5 ability skill.

I think option 1 is the closest to what will happen and would require you to have 12 yellow AP, then 5 purple, 5 black, 5 green, and 5 red. I just wonder if you only had say 12 yellow, 5 black and say 5 purple if you would still be able to cast the ability with only the Cap, BW, and Hulk portions activating, or that it's all or none.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    I see his Avenger's Assemble ability doing one of three things. (it reminds me of Shang Tsung for Mortal Kombat)

I thing it's a fore gone conclusion Fury will have access to one of said charactes abilities albeit at a reduced cost if not all of them.

1. Each avenger assembled will do one of their abilties for the cost of Fury's 12 yellow. So currently you activate Avengers Assemble at level 1 and Cap shows up casting his protect shield but probably on creating 1 shield. IM35 or 40 would also show up at level 2 hence the red needed, but not required to use since the true cost of the ability is 12 yellow, so at level 2 Cap casts a shield and IM40 blasts his repulsor for damage. I'm assuming Blackwidow some version, Hulk and Thor are the other three in that order. With i'm guessing each doing something, thus if you want the full effect of the ability you would want lvl 5. (I have a feeling this is the ability and that it's going to be a very long animation sequence)

2. You assume one of the characters for a set amount of time and can use those abilties. (I don't see this as likely since it would cost you 12 yellow just to cast rendering some of the characters like Cap and Thor useless for 2 of their skills.

3. You pay 12 AP, and can then use any of the Avengers skills at reduced costs, so you could pick to choose a cap shield for 6 blue instead of 12 but it would maybe only stun for 1 turn and you get half the defense. (again, this would be a lot of programming, I think option 1 is the most likely, basically a 5 ability skill.

Number one makes the most sense I think with respect to the current game.
  • His yellow is also themed for colors so it makes it possible to guess who and what ability might be used. Currently we know:

Yellow - Captain America
    Red - Iron Man

My totally random guess (not in order of the levels):

Green - Thor
    Purple - Black Widow
    Black - Storm
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Phaserhawk wrote:

1. Each avenger assembled will do one of their abilties for the cost of Fury's 12 yellow. So currently you activate Avengers Assemble at level 1 and Cap shows up casting his protect shield but probably only creating 1 shield. IM35 or 40 would also show up at level 2 hence the red needed, but not required to use since the true cost of the ability is 12 yellow, so at level 2 Cap casts a shield and IM40 blasts his repulsor for damage. I'm assuming Blackwidow some version, Hulk and Thor are the other three in that order. With i'm guessing each doing something, thus if you want the full effect of the ability you would want lvl 5. (I have a feeling this is the ability and that it's going to be a very long animation sequence). I"m guessing you would need say 5 purple AP for BW, 5 black for Hulk, and 5 green for Thor each doint something as well.

<...>

I think option 1 is the closest to what will happen and would require you to have 12 yellow AP, then 5 purple, 5 black, 5 green, and 5 red. I just wonder if you only had say 12 yellow, 5 black and say 5 purple if you would still be able to cast the ability with only the Cap, BW, and Hulk portions activating, or that it's all or none.

Yeah, I definitely see it going the way of number 1, which I think would be pretty neat. I'd love to see a protect tile (Cap), single damage (IM), stun (BW), tile generation (Hulk), and AOE (Thor) all in one go, even if they are all not as good as their normal versions.
  • Unknown
    edited April 2014
    Ice(10-1) just posted this:
    Escape Plan - Purple 12 AP
    Enemy intel stolen, Nick Fury leads his team to safety. Deals 210 damage and creates a 3 turn Countdown that, when activated, steals 3 AP from the enemy's strongest color before converting to a 42 Strike tile.
    Level Upgrades

Level 2: Increases Strike tile strength to 147.
    Level 3: 882 damage.
    Level 4: Steals 9 AP.
    Level 5: Reduces Countdown to 2 turns.
    Max Level: 3238 damage, 2 turn Countdown tile stealing 9 AP and leaving a 539 strength Strike tile.

icon_eek.gif
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    Posted some stats for Nick (stat line and Purple ability) over in the Announcement for the Season here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6457
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lol the thread's title is short 1 period.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Toxicadam wrote:
    Ice(10-1) just posted this:
    Escape Plan - Purple 12 AP
    Enemy intel stolen, Nick Fury leads his team to safety. Deals 210 damage and creates a 3 turn Countdown that, when activated, steals 3 AP from the enemy's strongest color before converting to a 42 Strike tile.
    Level Upgrades

Level 2: Increases Strike tile strength to 147.
    Level 3: 882 damage.
    Level 4: Steals 9 AP.
    Level 5: Reduces Countdown to 2 turns.
    Max Level: 3238 damage, 2 turn Countdown tile stealing 9 AP and leaving a 539 strength Strike tile.

icon_eek.gif
    Holy HELL!!
  • gambl0r312
    gambl0r312 Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    IceIX wrote:
    Posted some stats for Nick (stat line and Purple ability) over in the Announcement for the Season here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6457

"Creates 2 trap tiles that, when matched by the enemy, detonate in unison dealing 348 damage to each (but not generating AP)"

IceIX, does this mean that Demolition is an AOE ability that will nail the whole team?