Howlers - Downtime Social Club

Options
Unknown
edited April 2014 in MPQ Alliances
Let's see if we can't get this party started...

WAH-HOOO!

How about a little trivia?

Can anyone name all the original Howling Commandos? No-Prize to any who can. Please respond with the "spoiler" hideway so as not to spoil the fun for others.

hint: "Happy" Sam Sawyer doesn't count.

Comments

• I'll give it a crack...
    Nick Fury, Dum Dum Dugan, Rebel Ralston, Gabriel Jones... and I'm sure I'm missing a good chunk of 'em.
  • So far, so good... three more in the original line up.
  • Probably missing a couple here.
    Fury, Dum Dum, Izzy, Junior, Pinky, Rebel, Dino. Not sure if Koenig counts since he was introduced later.
  • And on another note: We did VERY well in Round 1 of The Simulator. 4k ISO for everyone! Let's keep it up!
  • WAAAAAHHH-HOOOO!

pour it on !
  • Just got back from Iceland, and played a little yesterday. Will aim to snag at least top 20 spots or so given opportunity.
  • +6K ISO for the team

Good job, everyone. Remember to have fun, and get some sleep, too.

WAH-HOO, I say.
  • Gah! That makes the 6th event token in a row that's either M Hawkeye or Bullseye. /vent
  • Looking quite well for our numbers I must say. Waa-HOO!
  • Nice finishing of the simulator event. Keep up the good work.

Now to level invisible woman or something...
  • Great work, team! We all contributed to our group success, averaged over 150K per Howler. Bonus ISO for all!

... and.... wait for it....

WAAH-HOOO!
  • Great team work.. I was in the top ten all week - but my hectic Monday morning meant that I slipped to a top 20 finish in the Steve Rogers event..

Looking to hit the top ten in this hulk reward event... I need one red and one black card to finish his skills
  • Patch and OBW as buffed chars for the event. Madness...madness I tell you. On the goon events I'd be using her anyways for the timer handling, but get Patches' strike tiles out there 1st and stuff just blows up.
  • Nice work in the fearless defenders event all. Managed to turn my completely broken Hulk from 5/1/2 to a completely broken 5/2/3. At least his level cap is raised to 102 so I can make him scary enough at 1st glance to be a pass for most. icon_rolleyes.gif

WAAH-HOOO!
  • Yeggy
    Yeggy Posts: 81
    Options
    I want to snoop around everyone's rosters. Why is the clan so big that I can't view all 20 members? =P

Btw, I am Perfie in-game.

I stopped playing super competitive, but I am getting around top 50 in most events. Which is funny considering it's what the alliance is achieving =P

Just got top 25 for green hulk and the black one from alliance yeei. Perhaps will be my first 3* and people will stop attacking me so much in PvP xD

Got him soft capped at 77 at 3/3/2 meh.
    Wanted to thank you all for your hard work, when I no longer aim for excelence =P thanks for the Yummy ISO. I'll contribute whenever I can.
  • Top 25 is the upper 12.5% of a 200 bracket so I'd say you're pretty active.

Alliances are pretty much a nice bonus as far as rewards go with the difference between #2 and #100 being 50hp in The Best There Is and 1000iso and 100hp in Unstable Iso-8. What is nice is being able to be part of something larger and meet some new people.

What client are you using? On IOS I'm able to scroll through the list by dragging the list even though there's no scroll bar.

With your current 2* composition you can smoke this event Wolverine + OBW will let you tear through all of the thug events like butter.
  • Yeggy
    Yeggy Posts: 81
    Options
    Skeksis wrote:
    Top 25 is the upper 12.5% of a 200 bracket so I'd say you're pretty active.

Alliances are pretty much a nice bonus as far as rewards go with the difference between #2 and #100 being 50hp in The Best There Is and 1000iso and 100hp in Unstable Iso-8. What is nice is being able to be part of something larger and meet some new people.

What client are you using? On IOS I'm able to scroll through the list by dragging the list even though there's no scroll bar.

With your current 2* composition you can smoke this event Wolverine + OBW will let you tear through all of the thug events like butter.

1. I tanked a lot to get that top 25 and I joined really late, so I used guerilla tactics, skipped quite a bit as well and played about 12 games in total, never got rettaliated and didn't use any shields.
    2. Playing on steam.
    3. Thing is, I really couldn't care less about Steve Rogers or any new characters for that matter. I can't really get them to any decent level. I want the Green Ares Cover. Last time I played hardcore was when psylocke launched and she is sitting at a useless 2/3/2. I pretty much burnt out when African Panther came out and I barely participated in that event. I have been only playing in the last few hours of PvP events ever since. PvE I play according to how much grind vs fun it is or how bad I want a reward.

I don't expect to get any 3* maxed any time soon, I never spent money on this game and I don't intend to, even if I was tempted like hell several times. I see no point in investing in new 3* characters that I don't even like if I can't get a lot of covers for them. C.America is boring and I hate any and all sorts of countdown tiles when it's not on a goon. This event, I am aiming for Ares, I want to max him and maybe run Thor Ares and OBW in PvP (swapping wolverine for Ares) just because of his high hp. Since I see no near future where I can get any cover maxed 3* I want to collect all the uncommons except Bag-Man. I am pretty close on that as well =). Also ~70k for a maxed 2* vs ~170k for a maxed 3*. No covers, no ISO dump. Sitting on 40k now, probably saving for anything I might need in an event, Ares, or if I get lucky and get more Hulk Blacks.

On a side note, I like the idea of Daken and perhaps the new 3* Daken would be something I'd go for. We'll see how he turns out.

Alliance bonus is cool, just for participating you get a reward if you have no time. So I get ISO even if I slack off, but on other events I contribute and others get some ISO if they slack off. So that's pretty cool, maxes me feel more relaxed about the game and more ISO to invest, which you don't have to grind by yourself anymore =D
  • denjw
    denjw Posts: 2
    Options
    Just wanted to say, in the chat I was bemoaning that my individual score slipped from 2nd during several stretches of the Unstable ISO event down to in the top 20. The grinding finally won and that just stung icon_cry.gif .

Sorry if sounded snooty in the chat, those last hour slides really did sting icon_evil.gif and I threw everything and the kitchen sink at the game. Sometimes the excrement hits the air condition (Kurt Vonnegut, paraphrased). Excuse me, I have some mopping to do. icon_eek.gif

But as a group, we did great. Honestly, if we get a cover as an alliance reward, I'm very happy.
    People have real lives, and this is just a game. But it's nice to have a team in the game. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • For what it's worth, here are some of my thoughts / strategies on PVE. They seem to work well enough for me - ie I can consistently make top 10 (if I work at it), and sometimes #1

1. Read PVE guide in Tips !
    2. Read it again !
    3. Don't start events right away; all the keeners, and crazies jump in right away, and an early start has a greater potential of putting you in a "tougher" bracket. Somewhere between 2-6 hours after start seems to be a good time to jump in.
    4. If there are sub-events - don't worry about scoring high in each sub-event! The real goal is to score high in the main event. Once you are in the top 10 of the main event, STOP PLAYING the subs !
    5. If you are really chasing: Map out the refresh, and plan accordingly. For instance, if an event ends at 10pm MST, I want everything fully refreshed by 9pm for maximum point gain; that means I have to STOP playing BEFORE 9am . You can keep backworking this, however, with short 48 hour subs, one can pick away all through the first day, and only lock down the discipline for the last day.
    6. You only need to play the top point missions to stay competitive. Typically they are the "red" missions (have a red circle around them). usually ONE pass at each top mission will pull you right back near the top - of the MAIN mission, which is the real goal ! (see #4 above !) you may want to do another 2-3 to secure position.
    7. As stated in PVE guide - don't grind! Grinding will result in two things: a) player burnout, and b) every win contributes to increasing enemy difficulty.
    8. Have fun! try different character combos on the lower level enemies, instead of using your "A" team. ie grey Magneto feeding blue to cStorm; glorious when it works, and if it doesn't, drag in the A team to clean up the mess (Okay admit, who heard the theme song in their head just now? ah pity dah fool who denies it)
    9. This is a game. Keep that perspective. If you are losing sleep because your are thinking of best colour pairings, if your cat died because you neglected to feed it, if you haven't taken a shower in 3 weeks because you didn't want to miss anything.... step away from the game. Go outside. Help peel potatoes. Shovel the sidewalk =8-) It's just a game.

10. Last comment - Lightning rounds. If you join the LR the moment they start - like within the first 15 seconds (!) you will face only the seed teams (ie L1 to L20), and you can ride them all the way to 100+ points. At the 100 point mark, you will have made about 1300 - 1500 ISO, for about 5-6 minutes time. (ISO total mentioned counts the ISO value for sale of token, and ISO bonus for completing LR)

Anyway, that is how I approach the game. I am on day 181 of daily rewards, I play daily and still enjoy it - because I keep it in perspective. My wife still loves me, my cat is alive - and the sidewalks are finally free of snow!

WAH-HOO!
  • Shovel the snow...we're not all Canucks here!

Lightning rounds - Keep 1 seed teem available when shooting up to 100. Then slog through the last seed team with your tank team.