*** Human Torch (Classic) ***

Comments

• over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    If this is of any help, my HT is soft-capped at lvl 30 (1-1-2), lvl 3 for Flame Jet says: 41 damage for each green AP, max damage 290 a turn.
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not sure if anyone else posted any further stats on HT, just thought I would share.

I have a level 95 5/0/5 HT (bought some covers during the venom pve)

At this level, red 2101 damage, destroys 2 red tiles. Really good one shot. When boosted in the PVE, that was closer to 3,500 damage. His red costs 8.

Green... 169 damage a turn for every green ap. This is deceiving that it only costs 5 to use, but always best to wait and get as much green as possible. Max damage is 1521 every turn, provided you stay stocked up on green.

Current HP at this level is 3433. Not bad.

Only issue is that he seems to take quite a bit of damage as he's high with tile damage on red/green/black. Tile damage: 10 yellow/49 red/9 Blue/8 purple/38 green/48 black. So like in the PVE, he needed healing often. But out of that pve, paired with obw, for instance, that helps tons.

Once he has enough green, his green power works wonders though. And red is a nice one shotter to take out, or severely damage an enemy quickly.
  • At lvl 141 red at 5 covers hits you for 2891, his green at 5 will do max 2083 per countdown tile. While black does 193 damage at 5 per tile. If I am honest ht on PVE is a game ender for goons. I should.know because he made heroic deadly easy even at levels of 290 for goons
  • So is there no change in mechanics at all with additional covers, just additional damage? That is, the AP drain on black doesn't drop from 30% to 20%, black and green don't add additional tiles, or similar?

I always find that those sorts of improvements-via-cover make for much more interesting build choices. Otherwise it's just math.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    wathombe wrote:
    So is there no change in mechanics at all with additional covers, just additional damage? That is, the AP drain on black doesn't drop from 30% to 20%, black and green don't add additional tiles, or similar?

I always find that those sorts of improvements-via-cover make for much more interesting build choices. Otherwise it's just math.

Nope, just straight damages increases on all, nothing else
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Finally finished his stat block -- it's the first post of the thread.
  • So what are people thinking about builds? Because of the way that his abilities scale, HT looks like one of those covers where just about any build has merit.

I think i'm leaning toward 5/4/4.

marc
  • 5/3/5 is best build. I had 5/4/4 but black is a drain and green is more useful however I am making a second build with black and 3 green as it's useful if you want to combo it as a last attack.
  • beemand2g wrote:
    5/3/5 is best build. I had 5/4/4 but black is a drain and green is more useful however I am making a second build with black and 3 green as it's useful if you want to combo it as a last attack.

5/5/3 is a lot better for me as I would pair HT with gold thor and use thor's green.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    I initially thought I'd go 5/5/3, but after using black and having issues with the AP drain and tile placement, I'm thinking 5/3/5 will work better for me.

I keep trying to figure out who to pair him with, too. He works well with support characters like Hood, OBW, and Spidey, but not so much with tankier characters/damage dealers. If my BP was a higher level I'm thinking that combo might work.
  • mags1587 wrote:
    I initially thought I'd go 5/5/3, but after using black and having issues with the AP drain and tile placement, I'm thinking 5/3/5 will work better for me.

I keep trying to figure out who to pair him with, too. He works well with support characters like Hood, OBW, and Spidey, but not so much with tankier characters/damage dealers. If my BP was a higher level I'm thinking that combo might work.

He pairs the best with spiderman and gold thor imo.
  • The current Hot Shot tournament confirms to me that HT is just a ridiculous liability on defense.

I got over 1100 using my level 50 HT seeing maxed HTs buffed to 210 and even then I'd still just leave him until last because he always just sits there doing nothing.
  • entropic01 wrote:
    The current Hot Shot tournament confirms to me that HT is just a ridiculous liability on defense.

I got over 1100 using my level 50 HT seeing maxed HTs buffed to 210 and even then I'd still just leave him until last because he always just sits there doing nothing.

But once it casts, it does a lot of damage. Maybe it would be best paired with the hood?

Jozier just hit me and lost. My ht definatly must have killed him there. Dunno if he faced spider-man or the hood, as I'm switching between the two.
  • Microtom wrote:
    entropic01 wrote:
    The current Hot Shot tournament confirms to me that HT is just a ridiculous liability on defense.

But once it casts, it does a lot of damage. Maybe it would be best paired with the hood?

Jozier just hit me and lost. My ht definatly must have killed him there. Dunno if he faced spider-man or the hood, as I'm switching between the two.

I went from 0-1100 while hitting multiple maxed HTs and not even losing a single character the whole way w/o a healer. I hope people start leveling HTs so I can smack them around all day every day.
  • entropic01 wrote:
    I went from 0-1100 while hitting multiple maxed HTs and not even losing a single character the whole way w/o a healer. I hope people start leveling HTs so I can smack them around all day every day.

Is there any character that you lose to, tho?
  • There was a fight I had against a 141 Captain and 212 HT and I kept thinking letting HT use Fireball so they'd waste red so I purposely didn't deny red, until I remember the HT was level 212 too and AI had 7 red at that point. Good thing he didn't get one more. But yeah HT is pretty bad at defense outside of Fireball.
  • I am running my 5/5/3 HT with my 3/5/5 Lazy Thor now, and other than fireball his other skills don't gel well- black disrupts Thor's yellow building while green is better served by CtS.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    I don't have a LT, but rely heavily on blue/purple/yellow so 5/3/5 all the way here (a long way ahead but still). HT can even be viable on defense with right supports. I'm a happy pyromaniac anyway.
  • Microtom wrote:
    entropic01 wrote:

Regularly? No, but there are characters you lose to on occasion due to nasty cascades like OBW or LT. Yes, I am saying I'd rather hit a 141 Torch than a 85 Widow
  • entropic01 wrote:
    Microtom wrote:
    entropic01 wrote:

Regularly? No, but there are characters you lose to on occasion due to nasty cascades like OBW or LT. Yes, I am saying I'd rather hit a 141 Torch than a 85 Widow

Ooo.. flame boy just got burned..