** Storm (Classic) **

Comments

• Question: in my mind her green at five levels is almost the same as the green at 4 levels because you'll normally have 12 green when you use it. Am I reading this right or no? I'm starting to rely on cStorm's green when the board runs out of blue and pinks and was just wondering if I should change my 4/5/4 build.
  • ToryTory
    ToryTory Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Viorala wrote:
    Question: in my mind her green at five levels is almost the same as the green at 4 levels because you'll normally have 12 green when you use it. Am I reading this right or no? I'm starting to rely on cStorm's green when the board runs out of blue and pinks and was just wondering if I should change my 4/5/4 build.

You are correct. If you fire off green the moment you get it enough AP, level 4 and 5 destroy the same amount of tiles. I run level 5 and like to hold off on firing it. Sometimes you get the luxury to, sometimes you don't, but I'd go for that option over a measly damage upgrade on yellow.

That said, I've killed PVE goons when a rocket or flamethrower tile goes off and all my guys drop below 25%. Insta-death for enemy team.
  • Wow, quick response. Thanks!
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anyone else feel as if she could use a very slight damage buff on her yellow? Just a little, like a 5% increase or something, just enough to make you go, hmmm, I need to watch my dmg output so it doesn't trigger. Nothing like of old, that was waaaaaaay to much, but it seems like it just needs a little oomph
  • Perhaps a slight buff but not to what she was before. Before if anyone takes 30% damage the enemy team took a thousand some damage and you gained 6 red. That.Was.Nuts. it's actually pretty balanced now if not a little lackluster.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Perhaps a slight buff but not to what she was before. Before if anyone takes 30% damage the enemy team took a thousand some damage and you gained 6 red. That.Was.Nuts. it's actually pretty balanced now if not a little lackluster.

Ahh, those were the days, C.Storm and Rags, that's all it was. Yeah, she just needs that little bump. Because she went from complete Overpowered to only playable if buffed or you need a sub. As far as 2*'s go there are only 3 that are solid OBW, Ares, Thor

2*

S Tier -- OBW

1 Tier -- Ares, Thor

2 Tier -- Daken, C. Storm, Wolverine

3 Tier -- Magneto MN, Captain America, Moonstone

4 Tier -- Hawkeye

5 Tier -- Bullseye

6 Tier -- Bagman

Tier S to 3 are playable, tier 4 and 5 are terrible unless buffed. Tier 3's move into Tier 1 when buffed
  • In the HT event, I had a HT (level 18, don't remember how much it was after the buff), level 71 CStorm and OBW. I was paired with the "Basic" HT, level 85 CStorm and level 85 MMN. My current storm build is 355 (still gathering those green covers...).

The enemy team performs a crit and deals 400 damage to my storm. It triggers a raging tempest, dealing 250 to the entire enemy team. This, apparently, is enough to upset the level 23 HT in the enemy team, and the enemy storm triggers a raging tempest. This upsets my HT, which triggers another raging tempest.

The cycle repeated 5 times until the opposing HT has been downed. I lost (lower level heroes mean that although I downed someone from the enemy team first, I barely had any health remaining in my team), but thought to myself that, hey, that's a first.

Did this happen to you? I assume that the answer is 'yes', but I do wonder how often does this happen when two CStorms fight against one another.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah this happened to me in one of the last 2 or 3 PvP. I don't usually run C Storm in PvP since she's pretty squishy, but I was for some reason. Thankfully our dueling Raging Tempests ended with my opponent's Storm dieing first, but it left us both badly injured. Since my opp set it off it was then my turn and I ended it promptly, but it was scary for a second.
  • Once in PvP I forgot about that ability and target first the other guys. I used Thor "Call the storm" and it killed the entire team except CStorm. What did happen next? She used raging tempest several times and downed my entire team...
    icon_eek.gif
  • Keep in mind Raging Tempest triggers on someone who died as long as the person dying isn't Storm, assuming the attack that killed the guy did more than 20% damage.
  • Happened to me in previous Hotshot event. I saw a CStorm/OBW/HT team and thought to myself "hmm.. let's copy that" for some reason. I came out on top luckily but all of my team were near dead apart from HT who was proper dead.
  • Medwind
    Medwind Posts: 2
    If I've just played 10 rounds and am getting bored, I'll pit my Storm against someone else's with the purpose of making them do this. It doesn't always end well, but it's hilarious to watch.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Man, remember when raging tempest was actually viable rather than just an annoyance?
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Tonny4ever wrote:
    Once in PvP I forgot about that ability and target first the other guys. I used Thor "Call the storm" and it killed the entire team except CStorm. What did happen next? She used raging tempest several times and downed my entire team...
    icon_eek.gif
    Hahaha, this exact thing happened to me, too. Opposing team had a low-level Hulk with 4 Anger and a maxed CStorm. I wanted to one-shot the Hulk, so targeted CtS on him. CStorm's fury wiped out my entire 3* team in one turn.
  • Happened to me five times during the first hotshot. It took a while for it to sink in. Every time the chain of Raging Tempest happened, I say to myself "Remember not to fight another cStorm or avoid matching HT's tiles". But just like Dory, I seem to forget easily. I haven't encountered it since I've leveled my HT enough to prevent triggering my cStorm's Raging Tempest. I should also remind myself in the future that Falcon is also as squishy as HT so it's bound to happen to me again. icon_lol.gif
  • I had her at 5/5/3 for the longest time, and I'm in the process of respeccing her to 3/5/5. I finally just decided that I rarely use her green - I tend to pair her with people who have more useful green skills - while her yellow has saved me on multiple occasions. I can see the logic of 5/5/3; I just don't think it applies in my specific case. The extra damage from her yellow is worth more to me than the increased effectiveness of the green.
  • 5/5/3 for me.

5 in yellow use to be absolute as you can use a weak lvl 10 character as a beat em up dummy to proc the skill. but now it just does damage and only major damage if the team is under 50% health.

What 5 in green does is increase 2x the number of green tiles you can destroy and gain AP for after 10. meaning if you used it at 20 green at lvl 5. you destroy 20 tiles. at lvl 4 you only destroy 15 (is that right?) and with enough green on the board it can semi generate enough for itself. 5 blue is almost a must. it's a beast of a team nuke with a stun. only thing that draws her back is that she's squishy.
  • Hi, I'm not sure but it doesn't seem that the Raging Tempest high attack works since the last update. The low attack works but never the high attack lately. Is this working for others?
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    It is, but rarely since it requires your whole team to be under 50% health. The best bet is to have close health levels for all 3 characters and get hit by an AoE-attack, like Flamethrower or Rocket.
  • Eyris6
    Eyris6 Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    What do people think about 5/4/4 as opposed to 5/5/3? Mine is built 5/4/4 right now (just the covers I happened to get), but I just pulled another blue, so I could respec her. 1 less turn on the stun seems like a worthwhile tradeoff for a bit more surprise factor from her yellow, since Wind Storm tends to kill at least one enemy team member by the time you get 11 blue.