Double Shot Tourney

Comments

• Yeah, I haven't been able to crack 800 yet. Keep bouncing between upper 700's and lower 600's. I don't see that 1,100 reward in my immediate future.
  • I got to 800. gonna just hold it down here and let people knock me back down to 600 and retal tomorrow morning at the end of the tourney.

i want the spiderman cover, but 1100 is only briefly doable during a full week tourney. to attempt it during a half week tourney is just going to screw me over.
  • I got to 800. gonna just hold it down here and let people knock me back down to 600 and retal tomorrow morning at the end of the tourney.

i want the spiderman cover, but 1100 is only briefly doable during a full week tourney. to attempt it during a half week tourney is just going to screw me over.

Same on both counts. Even 1000 would be nice for the 500 HP -- that's about half a Spidey cover at least.

And even after making 800 and then being knocked down to 750 (one retaliation, one hit by someone in the 200s) I'm nearly 200 points ahead of second place. I haven't seen a single name I recognize in my bracket though, either in the top 10 or when I was climbing at the start.
  • So jealous of you guys and your wide leads... I'm currently number 3, and I'm only 13 points out of first. The entire top 10 is between 685 and 590. I've gotten all the way to 700 and now back to 672. 1100 is a pipe dream lol.

I am waiting till evening/early night for America to become more active and then hope to climb bit higher (also peaked at 800)
  • Just made 800 with relative ease. 900 is definitely doable right now. To get to 1000 you'd have to not get attacked for a good while, probably.

Ehh...the lightning rounds having started probably means no shot at 1100.
  • would be your best bet to try for 1000 while everyone's preoccupied i guess.
  • Misguided wrote:
    It has much less to do with what you are running than how many other people are pushing.

Yah what Misguided said. I'm having problems finding anyone over 600. Unless there's a decent amount of people at least at 900 or so, it'll be pretty much impossible to get to 1100. I'm #1 in my bracket right now at 650 by about 200 points. Its an easy bracket but it still means very few people are above 600. I can't really play meaningfully until more people do since I'm just going to get retaliated to nothing.

This is why I like lightning rounds icon_cry.gif

I think I hit 900, or nearly hit it. It seems like once I'm 300 ahead of anyone else, people are all over me. They must be skipping forever to get me queued up.

Scanman is out to get me. I see his name all the time. 5 times on the same list.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Yeah, as the lightning rounds started, it's actually even more likely that the high point rewards are doable. Sure, you'll have to skip a lightning round, but that's not a big deal.
  • Bugpop wrote:
    Misguided wrote:
    It has much less to do with what you are running than how many other people are pushing.

Yah what Misguided said. I'm having problems finding anyone over 600. Unless there's a decent amount of people at least at 900 or so, it'll be pretty much impossible to get to 1100. I'm #1 in my bracket right now at 650 by about 200 points. Its an easy bracket but it still means very few people are above 600. I can't really play meaningfully until more people do since I'm just going to get retaliated to nothing.

This is why I like lightning rounds icon_cry.gif

I think I hit 900, or nearly hit it. It seems like once I'm 300 ahead of anyone else, people are all over me. They must be skipping forever to get me queued up.

Scanman is out to get me. I see his name all the time. 5 times on the same list.

I gave up on 900. Sorry about last night by the way. If you attack me now, I won't retaliate for a few hours.
  • 800 reached. I would like to thank all the Thor-Storm teams out there and encourage you to continue putting Thor-Storm out there for a long, long time.
  • Made it to 900, but took several attempts at crossing the threshold because of attacks.
  • Hit 800 and that's me done for this tournament, feel free to attack with no danger of retaliations, don't need any of the cover rewards.
  • Annoyingly I need to hit top 2 since I need the green cover. If the green wasn't top 2 only then I'd tank... and if I didn't need green I'd tank further.

Dunno if I'll make 900, but I'm going to try out Spidey now.
  • I just passed 1000, and it is definitely doable. I got my 500HP. YES!!!!!
  • Is it just me or did the update push the end time of double shot by 8 hours?
  • Dexxter wrote:
    Is it just me or did the update push the end time of double shot by 8 hours?

Not here. Ends in just over 9 hours from now.
  • Dexxter wrote:
    Is it just me or did the update push the end time of double shot by 8 hours?

Nope. Still scheduled to end at 9 AM EST.
  • I did manage to get to 1000 after all icon_e_smile.gif

But then got attacked a couple times for -35 on the way to 1100 and gave up since I'm only getting +15. I'll try again tomorrow morning if I'm not far off by then.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    1000 wasn't too bad during the USA late night. Going for 1100 is an effort in frustration though, with people taking off 40 points a pop if they attack you.