*** Sam Wilson (Falcon) *** (Updated)

Comments

• gobstopper wrote:
    It just doesn't make sense stylistically, if the stars correlate to relative power level in comic book canon, for Falcon and Daredevil to be 3*. Plus Daredevil is more like Bagdevil anyways in this game = 2* or 4*
    Stars pretty clearly don't correspond to canonical power level. If they did, then Thor would be 4*, Wolverine wouldn't have three different versions, Juggernaut would be at least 2* and probably a 3*, Iron Man would be at least 2*, Black Widow definitely wouldn't be a 3* (she's not on par with the Hulk), etc.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    So, Falcon is a literal force multiplier and risk damper. He's basically Aggro-Hood.

Patch + Falcon + Hulk/UberDaken will be insane.
  • TheHueyFreeman
    TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    Patch would love to have him. Depending on how bad the nerf is, he may take Spodey's place on my team.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I actually don't think Patch/falcon is going to be that good. The thing with Patch is that if you're making yellow matches after rage, then you're getting hit with opponent's rage tiles. The whole point of Patch tiles is for you to C. Mags spam them to death immediately afterwards. It also seems overkill since once you rage, you shouldn't need any extra help to win with that spam.

Daken doesn't seem optimal because its only affecting 3 tiles, and daken's tiles are individually very weak. I actually think that he's going to work best with BP/Psylocke/Punpun: those guys have tiles that are placed early and meant to last throughout the match. Punpun in particular is going to be good: 8 green AP for 3 strong strike tiles is the cheapest way to maximize yellow's effectiveness.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    I actually don't think Patch/falcon is going to be that good. The thing with Patch is that if you're making yellow matches after rage, then you're getting hit with opponent's rage tiles. The whole point of Patch tiles is for you to C. Mags spam them to death immediately afterwards. It also seems overkill since once you rage, you shouldn't need any extra help to win with that spam.

Daken doesn't seem optimal because its only affecting 3 tiles, and daken's tiles are individually very weak. I actually think that he's going to work best with BP/Psylocke/Punpun: those guys have tiles that are placed early and meant to last throughout the match. Punpun in particular is going to be good: 8 green AP for 3 strong strike tiles is the cheapest way to maximize yellow's effectiveness.

Im guessing Falcon will have a high yellow tile value, thus negating Patch since Falcon will have to tank all yellow damage, and I'm guessing he won't have high hp either.
  • Phaserhawk wrote:

Im guessing Falcon will have a high yellow tile value, thus negating Patch since Falcon will have to tank all yellow damage, and I'm guessing he won't have high hp either.

Correct on both counts. According to his card, his primary color is Yellow (then blue, then purple) and he's got GBW/HT level HP
  • What's weird is that since his third ability floods the field with weak protect tiles, and his first is probably random selection, he seems like a nonbo with anybody but himself. Maybe giving his own protect tiles boosts will make an impenetrable wall and be really good, but if you want to pair him with other characters' tiles his purple is a completely dead ability
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now that I think about it, LazyDaken/LazyThor/Falcon is going to be crazy. Daken gives you a cheap outlet to use Falcon's yellow on. Thor gives you an absurd yellow and green outlet to use all the yellow AP you're going to get..... Yeah thats going to be my new A team.
  • KaioShinDE wrote:
    HIs yellow at level 1 makes Strike tiles 30% stronger everytime your team matches yellow tiles. This guy will join a lot of teams.

And that's only at lvl 1 yellow. Level 2 yellow improves that to 40%, and we don't know how much it will improve yet beyond that.

That's crazy good.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daken doesn't seem optimal because its only affecting 3 tiles, and daken's tiles are individually very weak.

Also, matching enough yellow will cause Daken to start taking auto-damage.
  • ZeiramMR wrote:
    Daken doesn't seem optimal because its only affecting 3 tiles, and daken's tiles are individually very weak.

Also, matching enough yellow will cause Daken to start taking auto-damage.

Lazydaken is going to run off of Blue, so you can match yellow to your heart's content
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ah, I hadn't noticed that change, though it still applies for the 2-star version.
  • nihilium
    nihilium Posts: 242
    Omg

Am I the only one who wants to use hin with punisher? He has all the right colors and punisher has all the dmg abilities already harrrr <3
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    BP + Falcon will have natural synergy. LT & BP Y will conflict, though, since LT Y feeds the Storm, outclassing BP Y.

LT + UberDaken + Falcon will be interesting. Falcon Y activates only upon yellow match, which means that if UberDaken generates strike tiles upon green match, Falcon Y will start to shine only after CtS, because you'll need existing UberDaken strike tiles for Falcon Y.
    gamar wrote:
    What's weird is that since his third ability floods the field with weak protect tiles, and his first is probably random selection, he seems like a nonbo with anybody but himself. Maybe giving his own protect tiles boosts will make an impenetrable wall and be really good, but if you want to pair him with other characters' tiles his purple is a completely dead ability
    I see his Purple as enemy tile-conversion denial, e.g. against HT black or Daken passive.
  • Not sure what to make of his abilities. Yellow can lead some really broken situations pretty quickly but at least you'd need two guys to pull it off (someone has to put the overpowered special tile in the first place). The most worrisome combination is with The Punisher since he's already one of the top characters and this seems to make it even worse, though to be fair if that's a problem it's The Punisher who should be nerfed, not Falcon for boosting people's special tiles. You'll also get some trivial defensive lockdowns (have enough protect tiles to effectively not take no damage) though that's fine.
  • If Falcon's protect tiles are purple only, there won't be a need to use his blue to convert or to worry about overtaking yellow for tanking purposes when teamed with Patch. I don't know, might as well use Loki tbh for how expensive that is tho.

I think Punisher or Psylocke would be more reliable as partners.

If you want the max bonus, attack tiles tend to be stronger than strike tiles. I think max damage will come from is HT+Daken.
  • Well, the interesting thing about him is he is a very good support character. Either he can augment your attacks, or improve your defense. Depending on the rest of his blue levels (what tiles can lvl 5 blue effect?) he might also be good in PvE against goons.

This is balanced against his low hps, which makes him a liability on defense. Obviously he would be targeted early in PvP, so you can get rid of him before your opponent can get any attack/strike tiles out.

Still, an interesting hero overall, at least he's different from what we've seen so far, and I can't wait to test him out.
  • Mizake wrote:
    This is balanced against his low hps, which makes him a liability on defense. Obviously he would be targeted early in PvP, so you can get rid of him before your opponent can get any attack/strike tiles out.

Depends on how fast you can take out the strike/attack tile generator. If you kill them this guy poses zero threat. I think I might be inclined to target falcon last, unless he is paired with two strike/attack tile generators.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    As I see it right now. 5 in purple is probably gonna be madatory unless AP cost goes up. If blue stays at a 4CD tile, then 5/3/5 looks to be the build. If blue CD cost goes down at higher levels, to say at least 2, then maybe 3/5/5, but my gut says 5/3/5 will be the more desirable build, just because blue seems to be situational, not only do you have to have so much AP, but the other team needs to have tiles out. Also if Redwing's blue tile gets destroyed can he cast again?
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    I put his stat block in the first post here, and added him to the Character Compendium.