** Storm (Classic) ** [PRE 2013-12]

14567810»

Comments

• greggray24 wrote:
    Shikao wrote:
    If you use green as soon as it's available then you are better off with blue. At 12AP green shatters 12 tiles at level 4 and 5, whereas blue will give you additional turn of stun.

Yup - if I do green then I will have to be more patient for it to be worthwhile.

Mine is 4/5/4 and I have no complaints. I usually need to cast the green with her and mStorm immediately since they are my ap generators for certain teams. In Shield training I use one of them with Rags, when I run out of red hopefully I have enough green to use Storm which hopefully gives me more red (or green for another shot at red).

So in general very useful with characters who manipulate tiles like Rags and the two Magnetos with their blue tiles. Sometimes it is hard to get a wide range of ap if a single color dominates the board so other tiles that would match are spaced further apart.
  • mine 4/5/4 but now are feeling a little regret. should put it 3/5/5 her green is not so awesome. another 1 ap generate from her yellow can make a difference. paired with strong red character. it's an easy win most of all
  • I like 5/5/3. With her green, you either stay at 3 or you go to 5. The 5 is at a minimum +6 tiles, so in effect its better than ranks 1-4 put together.

The passive is nice when you're a new player going against stronger opponents, but at some point when even wolverine is walking around with 3000+ hp it triggers less and less.

But really, she's there for the blue so it doesn't matter that much!
  • I like 5/5/3. With her green, you either stay at 3 or you go to 5. The 5 is at a minimum +6 tiles, so in effect its better than ranks 1-4 put together.

As has been noted, 5 green gives the same number of tiles as 4 if you use it as soon as you get 12. The only reason to go 5 is if you don't do that, or frequently shoot well over 12 (easily possible w/ IM40).

Really you can make a decent case for just about any build out on her.
  • I think you should go for Green max instead of Yellow. Cos eventually once you have other characters who's in max level. you definitely need extra ap to do deadly combos.
    (I made mistake on gg for 4/5/4 instead of 5/5/3, as storm seldom trigger the tempest as my characters HP are getting max level.)
  • Do you think it's a good idea to keep Storm at lvl 60, so Thor 85 can shield her collecting green, and another char like IM40 is tanking blue? I run that setup and it works, it's just 1188 vs 1670 damage on yellow and blue powers.
  • Stormheart wrote:
    Do you think it's a good idea to keep Storm at lvl 60, so Thor 85 can shield her collecting green, and another char like IM40 is tanking blue? I run that setup and it works, it's just 1188 vs 1670 damage on yellow and blue powers.
    I run that, only to save on ISO. I think both maxed is better, but non-max c.Storm is good enough. The trade-off is that the lower lvl is at disadvantage in a c.Storm vs c.Storm match.

Re-evaluating the situation, I also find that while her green lvl5 is very good, 4/4/5 is a pretty viable build.
  • My Storm is 5/3/4, and I've now got another blue cover from Double Shot, now I have to decide on 5/4/4 or 5/3/5, decisions, decisions...
  • Wish I had read this sooner, I tossed a green storm today bc I wanted to build her 4/4/5 or 4/5/4. I love her tempest ability since my characters aren't fully maxed and it hits plenty. I also like to use a weak bait card that I can put up front for an imminent powerful blow like Headbutt or Mjolnir's Might. But now after reading this I'll be waiting for another green icon_e_smile.gif
  • Mine has been 4/5/4 for a while and it's fine, no complaints at all.. as mentioned before almost any build combination works with her... i use her more as a stunner who does 1600 team dmg which is ok. I rarely get the Tempest trigger unless it was something like the Double Shot event with the free Hawkeye/Bullseye throwaways
  • Im trying my best not to use her anymore but sadly(!) i got my green rag cover thanks to her today.