Boosts remaining in place after a match

Options
Please change it so boost fields are cleared after a match, please. I'm usually not one to rage or what-not, but this feature is just a slap-in-the-face.

I've lost boosts 3 or 4 times now after a really tight match when I've felt exhilarated over a win or disappointed at a loss. Then take a short break, have a snack, grab a smoke, go to the s&m club, whatever it is you do to wind down a bit. Then play some easier match for some relaxing fun, click to enter a match out of habit, and the second you press the button you realize THE TINYKITTY BOOSTS WERE STILL IN PLACE!

Thank you for your attention, other than this I'm mostly enjoying your great game, I'm just a little worried about my phones condition. If you change this it is far more likely to stay intact.

Comments

• jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think I'll argue the other side on this one.

If I'm using boosts in the first place, it is usually because I am trying to speed up a battle due to an upcoming deadline. Having to not re-select all the boosts I need in the next battle will shave off a couple of secs.

Boosts seem to drop more frequently, and I don't think they are expensive if used sparingly. So I say keep it as it is. Or maybe add a toggle in the settings that will reset all boosts between matches.
  • I like this idea.

I rarely use the same boots two fights in a row and almost always have to remove boosts I used in the previous match.
  • Brilliant! @settings option
  • GumisK
    GumisK Posts: 372 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I've lost boosts 3 or 4 times now after a really tight match when I've felt exhilarated over a win or disappointed at a loss. Then take a short break, have a snack, grab a smoke, go to the s&m club, whatever it is you do to wind down a bit. Then play some easier match for some relaxing fun, click to enter a match out of habit, and the second you press the button you realize THE TINYKITTY BOOSTS WERE STILL IN PLACE!

THIS. Oh my lord, this so much. I happen to be a player who uses boosts only on the toughest opponents, not firing them off like a machine gun. I couldn't count how many of them I've lost so far on seed teams and tank teams. I would welcome any option to turn them off automatically with my arms open wide.
  • Having a menu option to choose your preference with regards to this would be great.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    GumisK wrote:

THIS. Oh my lord, this so much. I happen to be a player who uses boosts only on the toughest opponents, not firing them off like a machine gun. I couldn't count how many of them I've lost so far on seed teams and tank teams. I would welcome any option to turn them off automatically with my arms open wide.

Totally agree with you, I'd like an option to avoid spoiling boost
  • There is a similar discussion going on in the General Discussion forum: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5405

I made a suggestion there that should make both sides happy:
    I think an easy solution would be a "repeat" button or something like that. Basically clear the boosts after every match but remember them (including stacks). So if I wanted to use the exact same setup again for the next match, I would click this "repeat" button at Boost selection screen. So if you wanted them cleared, it's done automatically but if you want to use the same boosts again it's 1 click.
  • Please do something. I wasted so many Heroic-only boosts while healing in the prologue icon_e_sad.gif
  • SteveS wrote:
    Please do something. I wasted so many Heroic-only boosts while healing in the prologue icon_e_sad.gif

I thought Heroic-only boosts don't work outside of heroic mode? That sounds like a bug.
  • They can't be selected outside the Heroic, but they can be used if you used them in the previous fight. I'm not sure if they actually took effect or not in the prologue fight.
  • There is a similar discussion going on in the General Discussion forum: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5405

I made a suggestion there that should make both sides happy:
    I think an easy solution would be a "repeat" button or something like that. Basically clear the boosts after every match but remember them (including stacks). So if I wanted to use the exact same setup again for the next match, I would click this "repeat" button at Boost selection screen. So if you wanted them cleared, it's done automatically but if you want to use the same boosts again it's 1 click.

A thread like this pops up every couple weeks. That in itself says something. Your idea is great though. Any sort of option for this would be welcome.