*** Black Panther (T'Challa) ***

Comments

• Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Meto5000 wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

Well if I'm coming after your team, I'm focusing on Thor. I'm running Hood, Captain, and Patch. The way I have it set up, you will never cast Thunder Strike because Hood won't let you, and I have you locked down with Cap at that point. Obviously I could run C.Mags and keep you from going off, but as long as I play the board right your team wont' be able to cast those big AP costing spells. When running Hood against high costed abilities he essentially shuts off anything above 10, try him and see. Your deck can weather an early storm but if they can't cast their abilities they are easy pickings

I mean, that comp is pretty good against mine regardless if BP is 141 or 115. However, I would feel pretty confident retaliating against you every time since once Hood goes down I have a big enough health pool to weather a few Patch hits until I get enough AP for something to take out the other two. If anything, I would consider replacing Cap with my own Hood on defense and leaving **** Panther and FaThor as the other two.

You have to be careful though, because all your early offense is going to be tile match damage, not ability damage, if you ran your own Hood, then I tip the hat to you, but The Hood decimates high cost AP teams because of his denial, I have found Psylocke or Punisherto be the best defense against a Hood.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    I know there is much talk about getting BP's yellow to be 1 + 1/15, so if you had 15 Enviro tiles you would get 2 strike tiles and not one. But I was wondering, if that becomes a programing issue, what dould they drop that 15 to to make it work. I thought 8, then for 2 match 3's on Envior tiles you would get 24 Envior, that would net you 3 total Strike tiles, plus the 9 yellow, I think that' wouldn't be terrible
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    A key to winning the Heroic Venom event was to use mStorm to churn up environment tiles and AP, while Human Torch tanked for her. Then Black Panther's yellow (Battleplan) could put down 4-10 strike tiles. Ten 153-point strike tiles can mop up even high-level foes. it's a very powerful strategy, but first a lot of environment tiles are needed.

When Black Panther needs Environment Tiles, just ...

... use mStorm's Mistress of the Elements to collect all the environment tiles on the board.

... use Magneto's Blue to put a Critical tile near some Env Tiles, then make the 3/4 match with a crit multiplier. Have Punisher / BWGS on the team to get 4 env x 4 crit.
    ... use BWGS's Purple to put a Critical tile near some Env Tiles, then " " " " "

Hood's Yellow, Cap's Yellow, Bullseye's Black would interfere with Black Panther's Yellow/Black combo, so aren't recommended.
  • Hmmm. Not trying to be funny - maybe that's why they named it Battleplan, because you need that level of thinking around how to accrue masses of env tiles for it to be effective.

Think you're spot on with the Crit tiles. The challenge is leaving enough yellow on the board to get your full complement out.
  • It's usually overkill and only it works in this case because the Heroic event limits you to only in city. If you got desert, forest, or snow you can just use the environmental power and win straight up like that.
  • Ugh, you tell us this strategy right after the event ends.... why didn't I think of that!?!? icon_e_surprised.gif
  • Dreylin
    Dreylin Posts: 241
    Does anyone else think that Panther is "squatting" out those tiles all over the board?

Just me then.

<walks away whistling>
  • After using storms red in the venom heroic tournament, I had no where near as much environment tiles people claimed to have every single time they used it. Putting down 6+ strike tiles? That'll cost 90+ environment AP, which would require multiple uses of storms red, since she gets those tiles for 3 per tile instead of 4 like black panther. In the end of the matches, I only had an average of 3 strike tiles on the board, so this combination isn't as good as it sounds as it would be outside of the venom heroic.
  • GT-47LM wrote:
    After using storms red in the venom heroic tournament, I had no where near as much environment tiles people claimed to have every single time they used it. Putting down 6+ strike tiles? That'll cost 90+ environment AP, which would require multiple uses of storms red, since she gets those tiles for 3 per tile instead of 4 like black panther. In the end of the matches, I only had an average of 3 strike tiles on the board, so this combination isn't as good as it sounds as it would be outside of the venom heroic.

also needed to gather enough yellow for BP's strike tiles so frequently I found myself getting off storms red a few times and maybe green as well although nothing ever lasted long enough to get more than 5 strike tiles for me. My bp was 141 but maybe with a low level BP I could see enemies lasting longer.
  • GT-47LM wrote:
    After using storms red in the venom heroic tournament, I had no where near as much environment tiles people claimed to have every single time they used it. Putting down 6+ strike tiles? That'll cost 90+ environment AP, which would require multiple uses of storms red, since she gets those tiles for 3 per tile instead of 4 like black panther. In the end of the matches, I only had an average of 3 strike tiles on the board, so this combination isn't as good as it sounds as it would be outside of the venom heroic.

You usually need a crit tile somewhere to get ther really high environmental values. Black Panther does have a 3.5X crit mod and 4 environmental damage, putting him as the second highest on environment (GSBW and The Punisher are #1 at 4X and 4 EAP). Problem is if you have 100 EAP you can just do 2 Thorned Rose, 4 Oasis, or make one more match for a Cold Snap (I think that's the higher snow power called) and that should immediately put the game away, so why rely on strike tiles?
  • probably a tossup on the desert as to which is better but 2 * jungle is way better than anything else you could do with the equiv. colors
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Several times my mStorm got on a roll, and perhaps crit tiles combined with environment tiles in the cascades. If the goon counters allowed it, I kept collecting red and green and repeated. I only went to Battleplan when a bad counter was about to go off and all red/green moves were exhausted. I tried mStorm + BP + Hulk in the Hulk event. I got 11 strike tiles on the board, but had to let my own hulk die to get that much green. Both Storm and BP were also badly hurt, so I don't particularly recommend that team.
  • One thing to note is that if you have enough AP to form say, 10 strike tiles but only 5 yellow tiles are available, it'll only use enough EAP (75) to form 5 strike tiles. I had that happen quite a few times against Thugs who are hogging all the yellow tiles with their CDs.
  • GT-47LM wrote:

I used mStorm a few times, most env I recall was 48 when shot battlefield. I guess to have considerably more you need to shoot storm green a few times, good luck to be alive by that time unless one faces negligible opponent levels or packed up green AP.

Certainly outside Venom-city, on friendly terrain its more than fine.

Without board shake or many turns passed next red activation only finds 1-3 new envs to pick up, not feasible.
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
    Never got this to produce more than 3 strike tiles and usually 2. Even so they were a key damage boost which made the difference in a lot of matches.
  • Its all about his rage. Always beware of his rage. Yellow power is just the sprinkle on top.
  • His yellow power, Battleplan, the way it is now, looks a bit dumb.
    If you have either 0 or 29 environment AP, it's almost the same when you use it: up to 15 of them will be drained to create one strike tile. Thus you need at least 30 envAP to create two or more.

I think this needs to be slightly changed to make more sense, like:
    Battleplan:
    9 yellow AP: creates a strike of strength X plus one more for every 15 environment the team has, draining 15 envAP for each extra tile created.

This would potentially create more strike tiles than the actual version of Battleplan, so maybe the tile strength should be lowered a bit to match the change.
    Right?
  • It's actually better to use it with 0 AP because you get one strike tile and no EAP is drained, but if you use it at 29 you end up with only 14 EAP left for the same one strike tile.

It should definitely be 15 EAP drained per tile + 1, but I don't think there was ever much progress on getting the dev to change their mind.
  • It should be "Create 1 strike tile plus 1 for each 15 environmantal AP consumed".

What would mean cast with 20 env would give you 2 swords and keave 5 env. With 30 creating 3 swords and leave 0.
  • What my friends said.

btw. is this the scAvengers' new chatroom?