news did not appear at startup

Options
Hi i just wanted to check if anyone else had this problem.
its a bit confusing why it did not appear.

Comments

• Ditto since last night.
  • same for me. no news window on start up.

m
  • So long as there are lightning rounds today it doesn't bother me icon_e_wink.gif

but yeah, same here
  • Just got the news update, so that's fixed. And it seems we have the villain LRs today (hopefully with a compromise b/w the previous generous VLR rewards and the **** HLR rewards).
  • Riggy wrote:
    Just got the news update, so that's fixed. And it seems we have the villain LRs today (hopefully with a compromise b/w the previous generous VLR rewards and the **** HLR rewards).

If we have regular, full diabolical tokens I'll make a couple of runs at them, but any compromise at all of them means I"m only going to grab all the ISO I can and then tank. I've only got a one-in-three chance even with full diabolical tokens, and if that gets watered down any more they're not worth it.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    Riggy wrote:
    Just got the news update, so that's fixed. And it seems we have the villain LRs today (hopefully with a compromise b/w the previous generous VLR rewards and the **** HLR rewards).

If we have regular, full diabolical tokens I'll make a couple of runs at them, but any compromise at all of them means I"m only going to grab all the ISO I can and then tank. I've only got a one-in-three chance even with full diabolical tokens, and if that gets watered down any more they're not worth it.
    What, you don't want to bust your butt for 90 minutes just to get an additional 250 ISO from a sold 2* cover? Why ever not? icon_razz.gif
  • Riggy wrote:
    What, you don't want to bust your butt for 90 minutes just to get an additional 250 ISO from a sold 2* cover? Why ever not? icon_razz.gif

You're right - whatever was I thinking?
  • Riggy wrote:

And hopefully by compromise you mean "unchanged from previous villain LRs" icon_razz.gif
  • gamar wrote:
    Riggy wrote:

And hopefully by compromise you mean "unchanged from previous villain LRs" icon_razz.gif
    Hope springs eternal, I suppose. I'm truly not expecting that. But if they retain the guaranteed 3* diabolical tokens and simply made those the top prize, I'd still be ok with that.

Most people agree the LRs of old were ridiculously generous in their prizes compared to other tourneys. I'm ok with toning it down a bit, but to reward your top players in an unbracketed tourney with 2*'s was just insulting.
  • It's saying something about the direction of this game that I'm hoping for the best, but really expecting the worst.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    Busting my butt for 90 min to pull a couple of Hawkeyes was crazy depressing.

I wouldnt mind seeing the Diabolical tokens, but having a single random cover of the featured villain would be kind of cool too. With the LRs being one of the only unbracketed tourneys the prizes should be pretty darn good. Think back to the buy in tourneys, those were the other unbracketed and while they were longer the prizes were insane.
  • MarvelMan wrote:
    Think back to the buy in tourneys, those were the other unbracketed and while they were longer the prizes were insane.

Getting a tinykitty-ton of HP and at least one cover of every power in the game is an incredible prize.

Too bad the only people capable of winning it are the ones who pretty much have both already.
  • MarvelMan wrote:
    Busting my butt for 90 min to pull a couple of Hawkeyes was crazy depressing.

I wouldnt mind seeing the Diabolical tokens, but having a single random cover of the featured villain would be kind of cool too. With the LRs being one of the only unbracketed tourneys the prizes should be pretty darn good. Think back to the buy in tourneys, those were the other unbracketed and while they were longer the prizes were insane.

I pulled Bagman for Doom LR >_<
    I guess it's just an ISO run for us. I didn't count the matches, but assuming let's assume:

Matches: 25
    Average ISO per match: 105 [from (70+140)/2] + 15 bonus (assuming 1.5 skips or skipping half the players) = 120

Average ISO: 3000 + 250 from bagman = 3250

I have reached up to 4k+ or so. Was it worth it for ISO? Maybe, maybe not ... but it would have been better if we got the actual cover too.