Something strange about the human torch.

Options
Getting killed by flame throwers so often!

Comments

• HT enjoys Molotov Cocktails as well.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Movies have Script Supervisors to catch visual mistakes (ex. the Porsche in Commando being destroyed one scene and fine in the next...ok, bad example) I think D3 needs someone like that for this game. Obvious ones include the aforementioned Human Torch taking damage from a flamethrower. Someone mentioned the Hulk taking damage from any type of bullet. I guess technically Ares should be invincible as he is a God...ect ect...
  • Movies have Script Supervisors to catch visual mistakes (ex. the Porsche in Commando being destroyed one scene and fine in the next...ok, bad example) I think D3 needs someone like that for this game. Obvious ones include the aforementioned Human Torch taking damage from a flamethrower. Someone mentioned the Hulk taking damage from any type of bullet. I guess technically Ares should be invincible as he is a God...ect ect...

Yeah, or we could just not. That would probably be better.
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Options
    official line is that it's an ISO-8 powered flamethrower

because ISO-8 is the explanation for everything icon_e_smile.gif
  • I'm going to stick with my go to example in these situations:

In a world in which the Punisher somehow controls the fire from a lobbed molotov cocktail with his mind... the Human Torch can be taken down with a flame thrower.

Or

In a world in which web fluid shuts down mutant healing factors...

I'm sure we can think of some more...
  • How about stunning Juggernaut who is supposed to be unstoppable?
  • I should say, of course I would love character specific resistances and immunities but there is so much other stuff that needs to be worked on first.
  • Puritas
    Options
    I'm going to stick with my go to example in these situations:

In a world in which the Punisher somehow controls the fire from a lobbed molotov cocktail with his mind... the Human Torch can be taken down with a flame thrower.

Or

In a world in which web fluid shuts down mutant healing factors...

I'm sure we can think of some more...

it's iso-8 flames
    and iso-8 web fluid

there icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Phantron wrote:
    How about stunning Juggernaut who is supposed to be unstoppable?

He's not unstoppable if you take off his helmet.

That's what happens every time you stun him: your move took off his helmet, and he has to stop to put it back on.
  • GumisK
    GumisK Posts: 372 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    IHatePVP wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

That's what happens every time you stun him: your move took off his helmet, and he has to stop to put it back on.

That's a lot of helmet juggling... on, off, on, off, on, off again... If I were the Juggernaut, I'd find a way to attach it better icon_e_wink.gif
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IHatePVP wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

Well, not really, his helmet doens't make him unstoppable, it just protects him from psyonic/mental attacks (like Magneto's helmet). He is unstoppable ever, but I think what his power needs to work is to have the foot ON the ground, like the blob (who is unmovable). But then in more than one comic a very powerfull blow like one from Thor or Hulk has stopped him icon_razz.gif
  • GumisK wrote:
    IHatePVP wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

That's a lot of helmet juggling... on, off, on, off, on, off again... If I were the Juggernaut, I'd find a way to attach it better icon_e_wink.gif

So you could call him Juggle-naut.
  • Malkavian wrote:
    Getting killed by flame throwers so often!

Indeed, that guy should have "protection from red" or from flame stuff at least...
  • Just change them to "Asbestos-Throwers"
  • Katai
    Katai Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Polares wrote:
    IHatePVP wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

Well, not really, his helmet doens't make him unstoppable, it just protects him from psyonic/mental attacks (like Magneto's helmet). He is unstoppable ever, but I think what his power needs to work is to have the foot ON the ground, like the blob (who is unmovable). But then in more than one comic a very powerfull blow like one from Thor or Hulk has stopped him icon_razz.gif

Jugg's powers are actually mystical. He found some magic gem and now he's the avatar of Cyttorak. He is unstoppable as long as he's in motion, though there was one time The Hulk (as War, horseman of the Apocalypse) was able to physically stop him.
  • Puritas
    Options
    he's not being stopped, he's just being slowed down a lot! icon_e_wink.gif