"No Missions Are Currently Available" Error...

Options
Pentagoon
Pentagoon Posts: 98
This is the 3rd time I've observed an issue with the Featured Missions selection menu being blank:

PRIOR LOGIN: 11:47pm, CST 20131114
OBSERVED TIME OF INCIDENT: 12:08am, CST 20131115
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
- Verify clock settings are set by time server, not manual settings
- Launch and log into the game a few minutes after midnight
- Close various information windows regarding ongoing tournaments
- Go to "FEATURED" tab

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR: View available, ongoing tournaments, including THOR, LIGHTNING, and the new Heroic Mode
OBSERVED BEHAVIOR: "NO MISSIONS ARE CURRENTLY AVAILABLE" is displayed

WORKAROUNDS (Unsuccessful):
- Force close application, relaunch application (2x)

WORKAROUNDS (Successful):
- Reboot device (1x)

\(*_*)/

Comments

• I have the same issue with the black widow tournament since last night, restarting the app worked, until his morning, and now device reboots don't even help.
  • it looks like the server has to catch up or something, i'd skip really quick and lose all my opponents, then 2-5 minutes, have more back (and more random ppl, not the same 5 i was skipping to have that happen)
  • forgrim wrote:
    it looks like the server has to catch up or something, i'd skip really quick and lose all my opponents, then 2-5 minutes, have more back (and more random ppl, not the same 5 i was skipping to have that happen)
    It's been greyed out for like over an hour and a half now.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    To anyone that's now using R42: Have you seen Tournaments or Events grey out? We pushed a possible fix that may help with this, but we can't reliably reproduce this in-house, so I can't say for sure if it worked. There are more concrete fixes going in to prevent that in the future, but we're hoping that a quick patch in the mean time helped with it.
  • I just had the 3 star even greyed out. The opponent buttons first disappeared each time I skipped and then when there were none left I was booted out of the room. Restarted the game and it was still greyed out. Left it a few minutes and saw I had gotten attacked and it was accessible again but there was only 1 button(the retaliation). After I finished that match I was booted out again and the event was grey.

It's probably a coincidence but after that I thought I'd try it on my iPhone(was on Nexus tablet earlier) and it wasn't greyed out on the phone. Then I went back to tablet and it was fine there too.

This is the first time it's happened to me.
  • I have a greyed out Lightning Round.

Similar experience to casuist, skipped or battled people until it was greyed out, then booted from the event to see a greyed out tournament. Tried restarting, but it doesn't do anything.
  • Same here. Just happened with Lightning round.
  • Pentagoon
    Options
    forgrim wrote:
    it looks like the server has to catch up or something, i'd skip really quick and lose all my opponents, then 2-5 minutes, have more back (and more random ppl, not the same 5 i was skipping to have that happen)
    The losing opponents happens to me when I go out of range of my wireless and then back into range, like when walking the dog to the edge of the yard or something. I believe that is definitely related to the quality of your data connection. I haven't had that same "no missions" error under those circumstances that I recall.

\(*_*)/
  • Pentagoon
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    To anyone that's now using R42: Have you seen Tournaments or Events grey out? We pushed a possible fix that may help with this, but we can't reliably reproduce this in-house, so I can't say for sure if it worked. There are more concrete fixes going in to prevent that in the future, but we're hoping that a quick patch in the mean time helped with it.
    In order to replicate this behavior, potentially use a bandwidth limiter to restrict your bandwidth to the development machines to just a trickle of a few Mbps. That way there's at least some communication to the server (probably local to your devs) and so it doesn't timeout completely. I haven't observed the "No Missions" error since I posted the thread, although I didn't play past midnight last night. I'm enjoying the challenge of the 3-Star tournament by the way - Holy **** I can't wait to earn some more Spidey covers and get mine upgraded!

\(*_*)/
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Pentagoon wrote:
    In order to replicate this behavior, potentially use a bandwidth limiter to restrict your bandwidth to the development machines to just a trickle of a few Mbps. That way there's at least some communication to the server (probably local to your devs) and so it doesn't timeout completely. I haven't observed the "No Missions" error since I posted the thread, although I didn't play past midnight last night. I'm enjoying the challenge of the 3-Star tournament by the way - Holy **** I can't wait to earn some more Spidey covers and get mine upgraded!
    Tried that and haven't seen the grey out, just retaliation missions disappearing which is expected under those circumstances. We regularly run tests with the game at various levels of packet loss, bandwidth, simulated latency, etc.
  • Btw, I noticed when this happened to me earlier (multiple times) that entering the other tourney (3*) then backing out fixed it, at least temporarily. I don't think this is bandwidth related.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Tried that and haven't seen the grey out, just retaliation missions disappearing which is expected under those circumstances. We regularly run tests with the game at various levels of packet loss, bandwidth, simulated latency, etc.

I had it grey out on me just now in the Ragnarok Lightning tournament. And I'm sitting on my couch at home, with a top notch wireless network. No significant bandwidth hogging programs running, and no packet loss outbound (I have an irc client running 24/7, no disconnect, no lag).

Had to kill and restart the app, and even then it started happening again immediately.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Give me a tournament I can play in and I will let you know. I haven't seen it in the Shield ladder in a day or so.
  • this just happened to me again today in the dr doom lightning round even after the update download. played/skipped all missions and lost them. happened in the final 15 min and blocked me out the whole time... so very very frustrating, just on the cusp of the top 100 too <sighz>

what didnt work

stop/start app
    force stop app
    play a 3 start tourney (which works fine)
    play a prologue mission (works fine)
    return to menu and go back

by the time i could reboot my tablet it was too late... tourney over

i did get 1 loss of pts this allowed a single retaliation then back to no missions. its like it cant repopulate with new content. my phone time is correct and has been no issue in any past issues, no tinkering with it either.

its version r42.0.cl154068

edit:
    and the results are in... top 250 for me... yar
  • This has been happening to me regularly since last night. In the top shot tourney, I have skipped several and then the dot goes gray. If I skip once the other side, it goes gray and the whole tournament locks out. I've been restarting the app and other things, but nothing seems to work. It eventually resolves itself. It's a bit annoying...
  • Greyed out at the most impossible timing now 30 mins till end of tourney..
  • I've been greyed out for about an hour now. Not able to do anything in the double shot tournament. Restarted twice.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    dmendro wrote:
    I've been greyed out for about an hour now. Not able to do anything in the double shot tournament. Restarted twice.

I posted how to fix this in a previous topic, let me copy/paste:
    Kelbris wrote:
    if you rapidly switch between the prologue and featured tabs, you can fix it in about 20 seconds. sometimes less, sometimes a little more. It's never taken me more than a minute.

By rapidly I mean like put a finger on each tab and mash it. Gamers shouldn't have an issue with it.

It works. Not sure why.
  • Yep, greyed out for me too...
  • Kelbris wrote:
    dmendro wrote:
    I've been greyed out for about an hour now. Not able to do anything in the double shot tournament. Restarted twice.

I posted how to fix this in a previous topic, let me copy/paste:
    Kelbris wrote:
    if you rapidly switch between the prologue and featured tabs, you can fix it in about 20 seconds. sometimes less, sometimes a little more. It's never taken me more than a minute.

By rapidly I mean like put a finger on each tab and mash it. Gamers shouldn't have an issue with it.

It works. Not sure why.
    No that does not work. I been having this issue since this game launched. None of the "tricks" work consistently. My understanding is that it is an issue with the game not syncing properly with the server.