Is there a character that...

Options
MajinDavid
MajinDavid Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
edited April 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Generates red tiles? Like changes tiles to red? And hopefully this is in right thread. Wasn't sure if I should put here or general. Was looking at moonstones red and figured it might be fun for small events to have a moonstone bomb go off. Generate a ton of red and fire off her dmg + dmg per red ability.

Comments

• OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 692 Critical Contributor
    Options
    No. Red is one of the best colors so it's understandable that this doesn't exist. Punisher's Molotov Cocktail used to, but they removed that feature.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MajinDavid wrote:
    Generates red tiles? Like changes tiles to red? And hopefully this is in right thread. Wasn't sure if I should put here or general. Was looking at moonstones red and figured it might be fun for small events to have a moonstone bomb go off. Generate a ton of red and fire off her dmg + dmg per red ability.

No, there are plently of things that can generate or get you red AP, but nothing that creates red tiles. The only tile creators are C.Mags--Blue to blue, Mags MN purple to blue, BWGS--purple to green. Thor, yellow to green sorta

The only guy that really creates red without theft is probably IM40
  • MajinDavid
    MajinDavid Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I didn't think there was but wanted to make sure I didn't miss something. Thanks you two. I might still try out her sometime just for fun.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Probably the only character that could in theory generate you red tiles is maybe Ragnarok. If you use his green to blow up the middle two rows and, you could in theory increase the number of red. Magneto does this too, but he uses red to do it which isnt going to help you. If you are trying this Moonstone Combo, I think Ragnarok might be the biggest help in doing it. Storm's are too random, Magneto MN is random, at least Rag's you always know what's going to be destroyed and can adjust accordingly. But that said, you may only net gain 1-2 red if you are trying this.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    cStorm used to generate red AP passively via her yellow, which made Rags(Thor)/cStorm combo all kinds of broken.
  • I think Forest Fire environment ability generates red tiles but I haven't seen it in action or read it enough to remember how it works. Plus, it is probably too difficult to gather enough of those e. tiles. In Bad is Good, I was able to use her red to do damage up to ~2400 damage (level 50 with 5 red covers). I had collected enough red and there were more than 10 red tiles on the board with some luck. I downed opponent Daken in one move.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Will Daken's Pheromone Rage create red strike tiles if there aren't any reds on the board?
  • CNash wrote:
    Will Daken's Pheromone Rage create red strike tiles if there aren't any reds on the board?

Nope, he needs free red tiles to create strike tiles, like all (red) strike tile creators do.