Surface 2 tablet

Options
is there anyway to play this game on it?

Comments

• Is there any reason to get it in the first place?
  • The Surface 2 Pro has an i5 processor in it so you'd be able to run the Steam version. The Surface 2 has an ARM processor so unless D3Publisher releases a Windows Store version you're out of luck.
  • I got my wife one for Xmas, she runs her side business off of it...just was curious if it would run on it or not.
  • And no I dont believe they have developed for windows phone as nobody has one icon_e_wink.gif
  • Yeah i didn't think so, thanks!
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    If you're talking about the RT then no. We don't support Windows based ARM processors. If you're talking about the Pro, yes. The game works very well on PC with touch screen capabilities and I prefer to play on my Pro when possible.
  • The Surface Pro 2 is amazing. Seriously, don't dog it. It is, hands down, the best functionality-oriented tablet or laptop you can get right now. I'm always a little mystified when I see people belittle it.

Barring some high end alienware or falcon northwest gaming laptop, it can't be beat.
  • I've actually been debating picking up a Surface Pro 2 but haven't. Not gonna lie, one of the main reasons would be for MPQ but you can't link Steam accounts currently. icon_e_sad.gif
  • entropic01 wrote:
    I've actually been debating picking up a Surface Pro 2 but haven't. Not gonna lie, one of the main reasons would be for MPQ but you can't link Steam accounts currently. icon_e_sad.gif
    That's why I haven't switched to Windows Phone. I'm not really worried about being in the crowd. They're nice. But I can't play MPQ. I suppose I could keep my Galaxy and tether it...

Now we're getting into crazy talk.
  • IceIX
    Options
    entropic01 wrote:
    I've actually been debating picking up a Surface Pro 2 but haven't. Not gonna lie, one of the main reasons would be for MPQ but you can't link Steam accounts currently. icon_e_sad.gif
    As a computer and laptop, it is absolutely amazing. My single gripe is a lack of real graphics processor in it, which would obviously then negate some of the great battery life it already has.
  • IceIX wrote:
    entropic01 wrote:
    As a computer and laptop, it is absolutely amazing. My single gripe is a lack of real graphics processor in it, which would obviously then negate some of the great battery life it already has.

Do you use it as your main computer or just as more of a laptop/tablet on the go? I currently have a desktop and an original Surface RT but not sure if it would be functional enough to just give my desktop to my wife who wants to use it for work.
  • IceIX
    Options
    entropic01 wrote:
    Do you use it as your main computer or just as more of a laptop/tablet on the go? I currently have a desktop and an original Surface RT but not sure if it would be functional enough to just give my desktop to my wife who wants to use it for work.
    More on the go but I've used it several times for real "work" that I'd normally leave to something more hefty and it performs well when that work doesn't need 3D graphics awesomeness. At home I've got a gaming rig that I picked up for 1600 a few years ago, so it's still plenty serviceable. At work I'm running off a Dell XPS that's 7 years old but was uber top of the line at the time so it's still low-mid line. If I hadn't bought the gaming rig I could see myself using the Pro as a main computer. But I'm also weird in that I'm OK with playing Titanfall on low/mid settings at 1080 as long as view distance means I can see enemies and shoot them even if they're just a couple pixels.

My suggestion if you're actually interested in one: Grab the 8GB RAM Surface (RAM is not upgradeable in them, the chips are part of the board), splurge on the type keyboard, toss a 64GB SDXC in for bonus space and you're good to go.
  • Im not just dogging at Microsoft in general, just that anything other than surface pro is nonsense and the surface pro is too expensive for something to browse tinternet and play games on. Maybe if you use it for work the price is justfiable (or if your rich) but I would never consider it outside of those two conditions.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I had one of the earlier Tablet PCs, and they're amazing for school. OneNote with the stylus is the definition of a killer app