LR Trolling

Options
Most here are familiar with the tactic of tanking in a Lightning Round.
So, my question, does anyone else ever retaliate against someone that has hit your tank squad using your A-Team?
Not as a strategy to progress but just for kicks(thatkick).
I do this occasionally just to put a "****?!" moment on someone, generally right after the loss comes through. I always chuckle to myself and imagine it as a situation where they're cruising along and smacking low level teams and then they see a loss from me and open the node to find a 141 Punisher, etc.

It's a **** move, to be sure, but I think it's funny. icon_twisted.gif

Comments

• MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    Ive contemplated doing that, but its not worth the effect on my MMR. If I leave the tank team in I just pile up more losses so my MMR goes down.

That said by the end of this cycle, since Hotshot was going on as well, I over did it to my MMR and was seeing non maxed 1*s. I was very tempted to smack some after they reached higher totals but resisted.
  • I have found that consistent retreating works better than tanking now. On the rare occasion that I lose now, I do not retaliate unless it is against someone who can genuinely compete against my roster - unless it is a forum member who actually needs to place high for villain covers or something.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've done that back in the day when I would first tank a LR for the first 30 minutes to lower my MMR and then make a push in the last 45 minutes to diabolical token range. This strategy in hindsight was pretty bad because people would see my tank team even after I switched teams and attack me for a ton of points.
  • @Ghast: I'm talking of this retaliation as an act of mischief. Not an attempt at actaul progress.

@NP: Ouch! Also, thanks for all your helpful work in Tips & Guides.
  • mischiefmaker
    Options
    bahukma wrote:
    @Ghast: I'm talking of this retaliation as an act of mischief. Not an attempt at actaul progress.
    You got me! I do this sometimes.
  • Not really the same thing but I did find myself well amused by what I am calling Hulk-Baiting during the Hulk LR. Most players don't have a full 5 black hulk and so it was nice to hit Hulk enough to anger him to get a few more green on the board. Generally did okay if Hulk was at 3 black or less, but Patch got destroyed when I tried it on a 5 cover one. It definitely helped the matches go quicker icon_e_smile.gif