A few good questions

Options
1) PVP: If I hit GuyA with my A-Team and win. Later on, I hit GuyB with my Tanking Team. Does GuyA see my A-Team or Tanking Team?

2) PVP: GuyA hit me when his score is at 500. He went on to score 700 and shielded. I see him in my node with score at 500 and retal when his score is at 700 (top of bracket). When calculating score gains, does the game take 500 or 700 as reference?

3) PVP: Similarly, if I hit GuyA when my score is at 500, and I got hit mid-game by GuyB for 25pts (i.e. now i'm at 475). When calculating score gains at end of my match, does the game take 500 or 475 as reference?

4) PVP: The defensive team when I break shield is (a)the team I break shield with, OR (b)the last winning team when I first shield?

5) PVP/PVE: Does my score count if I start a match but finish after the end of the event?

6) PVP/PVE: If I get hit while shielded, does it affect my MMR?

GuyA and GuyB is not real. Any resemblance to persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. Thanks in advance for any help rendered! icon_e_biggrin.gif

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    laoahpeh wrote:
    1) PVP: If I hit GuyA with my A-Team and win. Later on, I hit GuyB with my Tanking Team. Does GuyA see my A-Team or Tanking Team?
    2) PVP: GuyA hit me when his score is at 500. He went on to score 700 and shielded. I see him in my node with score at 500 and retal when his score is at 700 (top of bracket). When calculating score gains, does the game take 500 or 700 as reference?

3) PVP: Similarly, if I hit GuyA when my score is at 500, and I got hit mid-game by GuyB for 25pts (i.e. now i'm at 475). When calculating score gains at end of my match, does the game take 500 or 475 as reference?

4) PVP: The defensive team when I break shield is (a)the team I break shield with, OR (b)the last winning team when I first shield?

5) PVP/PVE: Does my score count if I start a match but finish after the end of the event?

6) PVP/PVE: If I get hit while shielded, does it affect my MMR?

GuyA and GuyB is not real. Any resemblance to persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. Thanks in advance for any help rendered! icon_e_biggrin.gif

1) Your A-Team
    2) 700
    3) 475
    4) (b)
    5) No
    6) Not sure. But probably not, since it's not a 'loss'.
  • 1) he will get a retaliation for the first one only unless he started a retaliation or skipped the retaliation between you finishing the first and second match.

2/3)700, though it works in the opposite as well. If someone is on your node at 500 and he is at 200 by the time you attack, you will get that low value instead. Of course, the value the machine shows you right after a match, isn't the real value...you need to look at what it says your total score is to know what was really added at amt given time.

4) b.

5) yes, for less than 30 seconds (actual value unknown..its short though). Realistically? No.

6) no way to reliably know this as, being removed from the pool of available opponents, you never get attacked enough to drop you out of an mmr. Not like you can actively try to tank with that in mind...so mp point thinking about it anyway lol. If it dies, it dies. Well, you get the point.
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    1) Your A-Team
    2) 700
    3) 475
    4) (b)
    5) No

5) are you sure about this? I'm sure that for PVE they don't count but for pvp they do for ranking purposes - that's why there is a delay in the award of ranking prizes (The other thing I'm sure of is that you don't get progression prizes for pvp if you finish after the time limit.)
    6) Pretty sure that the pop-up for whenever you get attacked (even while shielded) says that "SHIELD has updated your power grid rating based on your performance". I take this to mean your MMR.
  • kidicarus wrote:
    5) are you sure about this? I'm sure that for PVE they don't count but for pvp they do for ranking purposes - that's why there is a delay in the award of ranking prizes (The other thing I'm sure of is that you don't get progression prizes for pvp if you finish after the time limit.)

I second this since my first Top 1 in PvP was brought by playing at the last minute and winning 13-ish points afterwards. The first placer was at 941 while I was at 930+ a minute before the event ended, played a hail mary and when the rewards were given, I got X-Force.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    kidicarus wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    1) Your A-Team
    2) 700
    3) 475
    4) (b)
    5) No

It's possible it still counts, but would you feel comfortable counting on it? icon_e_wink.gif
    So I'd be safe and assume I have to finish in time.
  • kidicarus wrote:

The delay in the award of ranking prizes should be due to when your bracket was started, rather than in order to reallocate prizes.

It just wouldn't make sense for the game to wait say... 12 hours if I entered a battle at the last minute and forgot about it before they award the prizes to everybody isn't it.
  • kidicarus wrote:

I second this since my first Top 1 in PvP was brought by playing at the last minute and winning 13-ish points afterwards. The first placer was at 941 while I was at 930+ a minute before the event ended, played a hail mary and when the rewards were given, I got X-Force.

What is a hail mary?
  • Alminah wrote:
    What is a hail mary?

One of our active forum users.

Nah j/k.

A play made in desperation with minimal chance of success done at or near the end of a match.
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Doragon wrote:
    kidicarus wrote:

The delay in the award of ranking prizes should be due to when your bracket was started, rather than in order to reallocate prizes.

It just wouldn't make sense for the game to wait say... 12 hours if I entered a battle at the last minute and forgot about it before they award the prizes to everybody isn't it.

You are correct on that point and I know there is a correlation between the time you entered your bracket and the delay for the award of prizes - so the delay is not caused by the time the last person finished a game. There is however a delay. For PVP ranking, I think one of the Shieldbros posted in the lightning rounds thread (could have been nemek) that if you're going to lose that last game, wait for about 5 minutes after the event ends before letting the game complete so that the loss doesn't count for ranking purposes. In my experience at least there has been a delay in pvp... ie first at the buzzer but not at the award of prizes.
  • Alminah wrote:
    kidicarus wrote:

What is a hail mary?

It's a very high thrown deep pass in football (not futbol/soccer..American football). The idea comes from the fact that, to catch it, the players have to look up into the sky at an angle more similar to looking at the sun than usual. The sun surrounds the ball much like the pictures of the virgin Mary. On top of that, its a bad play for the most part that is used as a last ditch effort and usually occurs only at the end of games where outcomes are all but decided. Combined you get the name hail Mary (the prayer selection due to the first part, the hail Mary being a prayer as you better say a prayer if you want such a low chance play to work).

His use of hail Mary isn't grammatically sound really, but he basically means that he played a match as a last second "I hope this works." The fact it worked has no relation to whether its called a hail mary or not.... afterall, prayers aren't always answered now are they lol.

Also, unless the other guy was shielded, that example proves nothing. Like I said (and was clearly ignored) though....there is a small leeway as Ice mentioned months ago. That time is very short though and not something ppl should be aiming for.
  • Doragon wrote:
    Alminah wrote:
    What is a hail mary?

One of our active forum users.

Nah j/k.

A play made in desperation with minimal chance of success done at or near the end of a match.

Off-topic: Reminds me of a player who tried to overtake me for 1st place (I was shielded at 10xx) 20 minutes before the end of a GSBW event. I was gonna break shield the last 5 min of the game, but he was wacked for over 50 points and never recovered.

I've tried to hail mary several times too for top 8 in villain's LR but to no avail. I need to tank some more ...
  • It's a very high thrown deep pass in football (not futbol/soccer..American football). The idea comes from the fact that, to catch it, the players have to look up into the sky at an angle more similar to looking at the sun than usual. The sun surrounds the ball much like the pictures of the virgin Mary. On top of that, its a bad play for the most part that is used as a last ditch effort and usually occurs only at the end of games where outcomes are all but decided. Combined you get the name hail Mary (the prayer selection due to the first part, the hail Mary being a prayer as you better say a prayer if you want such a low chance play to work).

His use of hail Mary isn't grammatically sound really, but he basically means that he played a match as a last second "I hope this works." The fact it worked has no relation to whether its called a hail mary or not.... afterall, prayers aren't always answered now are they lol.

Also, unless the other guy was shielded, that example proves nothing. Like I said (and was clearly ignored) though....there is a small leeway as Ice mentioned months ago. That time is very short though and not something ppl should be aiming for.

Thanks for the grammar lesson.

Forgot to say he was shielded and I unshielded 5 minutes before the game ended. I was at 910+, he shielded at 941, fought someone for like 4 mins for 20 points. That's why I was sure it wasn't because he got hit at the last second.

Edit: also, I know that it's not something that I should make a habit of but I had nothing to lose. Whether I won or lost the match and didn't get first place, I would still end up getting the top 5 rewards.