Struggling.. But enjoying the game!

Options
c4wilson
c4wilson Posts: 24
edited April 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
So first of all, this game is a ton of fun.

Two questions, (I did read Polarity's guide and found it very helpful but still struggling) [4th day playing].

1) How can I tell how many full heals I currently have? I was stockpiling them but then read they restock themselves...

2) I currently have: Invisible Woman (30), M. Black Widow (22), M.35 Iron Man (21), M. Storm (6), Ares (6), Jugg (1), and Venom (1). I do OK in quests with IW BW and IM but facepalm any time I have a team up. Even when the title says easy... Any suggestions or am I wasting my time with Invisible Woman? I was all excited when I got her but realizing she may not be that good...

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• The game will always refresh up to 5 health packs. Once you get below 5, it takes 35 minutes to regenerate a new health pack.

Level up M Storm more and do the prologue missions that get you the covers - you should have a much higher level M Storm.

Your best team right now is Black Widow, Iron Man and Storm
  • Glad you are enjoying it. I played for two weeks before finding this place and realising my 17 health packs I was storing should actually be used and I would get a few back icon_e_biggrin.gif

Other than that, what jozier said.
  • Having a lvl 30 4* at the very beginning can add a little weight to your team, but you will outgrow invisible woman very quickly. 4* are very rare and you likely won't be able to develop her for a long long time. So much so that if you are already finding her not being very useful it may be a blasphemous suggestion but selling her for iso and freeing up a roster slot for someone else may serve you better in the long run.
  • c4wilson
    Options
    Thanks for the quick reply, where do I see how many health packs I have currently? Or does it cap at 5?
  • c4wilson
    Options
    Im considering that Crypt. Her damage was amazing at first, but her move that puts a shield around something and wastes my turn seems useless.
  • You can earn more than 5 but they will not regenerate until you go below 5. And I don't have it in front of me to see where the healthpack number lives, sorry!
  • c4wilson wrote:
    Thanks for the quick reply, where do I see how many health packs I have currently? Or does it cap at 5?

On the screen where you select your team for a fight. At the top there is the health pack symbol and a numer (if less than 5 also a countdown for regenerating them). This is what you are looking for
  • The only place you can see health packs is in the team selection screen before a fight.

Level up IM35, MStorm, MWidow and Venom if you're feeling adventurous.
    My advice would be to keep IW if you can afford the roster space, as she is indeed extremely rare.
    If you need to toss anyone, that would be Yelena, CHawkeye, Bagman, maybe Jugs.

Keep plugging away at the prologue and you'll be leveling and expanding before long.
  • c4wilson
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips. Got Storm up to 13 with that last quick event. I'll keep workin on her!

Thanks again
  • optimiza
    optimiza Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Jozier's advice is spot-on. For a lot of the events that have just goons and no villains, M Storm will be your bread and butter. Heck, even for some non-goon missions she's essential, namely the ones that happen in the desert. Your priorities should be leveling her green skill, then her red skill, if you have a choice in the matter. Black can be good (though random) as well for denying certain color spots for countdown tiles. You will probably find it pretty essential when you need to fight Daken later on. I have 36 characters, some at 100+ levels, and whenever I see a jungle or desert PVE map, I auto-include her.

Very early on, I was using M Storm, Jugs, and Hawkeye as my go-to team vs. goons. Since you won't have a maxed 13-level cover M Storm too quickly, Juggs is initially more efficient at clearing CD tiles, and is obviously a better tank. Him and MStorm overlap colors, so you can pretty much control who takes the front. Hawkeye's red is obviously reliable for doing spot removal of tiles as well. His purple, not so much until you get a few levels into it since it's color-locked.

I would also highly recommend that you get in on lightning rounds if you have the time. Make sure you join as soon as the event opens up, as this will guarantee that you fight a few seed teams, which are easy ISO and also will get you a token. The powered-up villain will probably tank all of the damage, which will ensure that your characters will be sitting pretty.

All in all, enjoy the game, it's a good one!
  • c4wilson
    Options
    Thanks again for all of the tips. Awesome advise.

I was able to get M. Storm, M35 IM, and M. BW all up to 25. They are doing pretty great.

The Lightening rounds seem to have ended, do they come back every week?

I'm selling most of the covers I get but tough choices...I had Ares previously, but also got a Daken, Thor, and original Black widow. I'll probably start pumping ISO into them once my three 1stars are 30ish.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Find the Prologue missions that give you Hero Points, then use those points to buy roster slots. That way you won't have to throw away so many covers.

It's good that you've found Thor, he's eventually going to replace Iron Man as your primary tank. Look out for Classic Storm too - you'll probably find Modern Storm more useful right now, but get some levels into Classic and she becomes a decent replacement.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    c4wilson wrote:

I was able to get M. Storm, M35 IM, and M. BW all up to 25. They are doing pretty great.

I'm selling most of the covers I get but tough choices...I had Ares previously, but also got a Daken, Thor, and original Black widow. I'll probably start pumping ISO into them once my three 1stars are 30ish.
    I strongly recommend against selling all those covers. You'll regret it later. Right now, the only thing you should be doing with any Hero Points you lay your hands on is buying roster slots.

If you can find an alliance that doesn't mind newbies, join in for a few extra rewards. I recommend focusing on your one star team until your three favorites are around level 40 before worrying about leveling the two stars, just collect covers on those for now.
  • c4wilson
    Options
    Ok, I'll try to get some coins. Thanks for the tips, I'm in a alliance right now and they havent booted me or anything but im definitely under their level or they are no longer playing...

Another question (sorry) when it says wolverine is powered up does that mean they increase his level for the event? ( I do not have one of the three so cannot test ) and googling "marvel puzzle quest what does event power up do" did not help.

Thanks for all the help guys, this forum has been fantastic.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    c4wilson wrote:
    Another question (sorry) when it says wolverine is powered up does that mean they increase his level for the event? ( I do not have one of the three so cannot test ) and googling "marvel puzzle quest what does event power up do" did not help.
    Yes. All three versions of Wolverine have significant level boosts within this event. The levels displayed with the purple/plum background are the effective boosted levels, so a L85 Astonishing Wolverine will appear as L169 (purple background) within the tournament.
  • Shadow
    Shadow Posts: 155
    Options
    DayvBang wrote:
    c4wilson wrote:

I strongly recommend against selling all those covers. You'll regret it later. Right now, the only thing you should be doing with any Hero Points you lay your hands on is buying roster slots.

If you can find an alliance that doesn't mind newbies, join in for a few extra rewards. I recommend focusing on your one star team until your three favorites are around level 40 before worrying about leveling the two stars, just collect covers on those for now.

For a starter, it is ok to be throwing away 2* covers. But there are some which should never be thrown. E.g. from the list above, never ever throw OBW. Throwing Daken is fine.
  • Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yeah Thor ares and obw will likely be your strongest 2 stars now since ares is great and wolvie is now pretty meh. Obw should be your top priority of the three but the other 2 are both good characters that will always find usage if buffed. Glad to hear you are enjoying the game and if you are very active try to find an alliance that is at least 10+ ppl this will greatly help you with hp for roster slots and since your mmr and scaling shouldn't be too bad you should still be a valuable contributor. Keep in mind future pve events with sub events will offer more chances for hp and ISO bonuses. This event is very sparse on both.
  • c4wilson
    Options
    I didn't know if i should start a new topic or just continue this one but had a few more questions.

Again thank you all for the fantastic advise.

I got MN thor to 37 (he seems to have replaced IM35 well for me) but he is capped again. Ive been using him with M storm (30) and if I am not on a teamup MBW (30).

I am trying to follow polaris's guide (super helpful) and leave my 1stars around 30 but not getting many more covers for OBW, Ares, Thor, etc. I have about 12k ISO saved now should i just beef up M Storm a few levels with it or keep saving?

If it makes a difference the rest of my covers:
    IM35 30
    Invisible Woman (30)
    Human Torch (18)
    OBW (13 and capped)
    Classic Storm (9)
    M Captain America (7)
    Daken (6)
    Ares (6)
    MN Mags (6)
    And a Jugg i should probably sell...

waiting to be recruited
    Hawkeye (2x Modern and 2x Classic)
    Yelena Belova
    2 more Juggs

Please keep the advise coming. So much help thank you!!!