Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls

Options
Puritas
Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
edited April 2014 in General Discussion
It's actually pretty fun so far, when the auction house goes out of play in a couple weeks it'll be even better.
Gameplay is as fluid as ever, and the new loot/difficulty systems make the game a lot more interesting to play through.

Going from demon hunter to crusader is paiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinful damage-wise though.

Comments

• I rarely ever drift down into the off topic world, but I saw this and thought I'd chime in. I've very much been enjoying Reaper of Souls. Have my barbarian at 70 and doing rifts on Torment 1 with some friends. Have gotten 1 set piece already, though I had to give it to my templar follower since it was honestly not that exciting with only 1 piece.

The new loot system seems to trivialize hardcore. I got a wizard up to level 48 with zero effort (playing on expert), and there were times I even forgot it was hardcore. Belial, who used to be the first real challenge for hardcore, was a pushover - never got my wiz below 60% health (though I had dropped it back to normal for that fight, expecting more difficulty).

But yeah, a couple weeks in and I'm still really loving the game. It feels fresh again. As for your Crusader, I hope you have Falling Sword by now. It's a very satisfying skill to use.
  • Puritas
    Options
    Riggy wrote:
    The new loot system seems to trivialize hardcore. I got a wizard up to level 48 with zero effort (playing on expert), and there were times I even forgot it was hardcore. Belial, who used to be the first real challenge for hardcore, was a pushover - never got my wiz below 60% health (though I had dropped it back to normal for that fight, expecting more difficulty).

Key word here: wizard
    it's such a broken class right now -_- I have serious class envy

At least I'm not playing bottom-of-the-pile demon hunter this time around lol icon_e_biggrin.gif

Was using fallen sword for most of the game, but actually switched off it lately because the cd is just too damn long and the damage is actually surprisingly low icon_e_sad.gif
  • I will play it when it comes out on 360. I thought diablo 3 was short. Great multiplayer game but not much endgame material.

I was a demon hunter the first time around and it was brutal. Then I was a barbarian and it was so much fun! Demon hunters are way too squishy - their rapid fire is awesome though.
  • I will play it when it comes out on 360. I thought diablo 3 was short. Great multiplayer game but not much endgame material.

I was a demon hunter the first time around and it was brutal. Then I was a barbarian and it was so much fun! Demon hunters are way too squishy - their rapid fire is awesome though.
    Yeah, I play Barbarian primarily with a wizard as backup, and now Crusader. End-game in RoS is much better, with random missions, lots of rewards, and the nephalem rifts, which provide for some fun boss fights.
    Puritas wrote:
    Was using fallen sword for most of the game, but actually switched off it lately because the cd is just too damn long and the damage is actually surprisingly low
    My Crusader isn't high enough yet to have any other skills from that set. And I know it's not the most efficient skill, but it really is satisfying to use it. Especially on the squishier "swarm" mobs where everything just goes splat.
  • Puritas
    Options
    lightning rune on that thing is where it's at, the stun is extremely useful
    also massive crusader buffs yesterday, woo-hoo!