Increase the cost to manually train with HP

It's currently too easy to train a character after you get one cover, and it's making the random cover packs pretty worthless. 1.5k HP could be acceptable, but 2k HP seems more in the correct ballpark since you're 100% getting the upgrade you want with no risk.

icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gif

Comments

• is this a joke post. cuz if ur serious, i have a giant rancid fish in my fridge that i'd like to slap you with.
  • forgrim wrote:
    is this a joke post. cuz if ur serious, i have a giant rancid fish in my fridge that i'd like to slap you with.

It's more like a prediction for what's going to happen several patches down the road icon_e_wink.gif better not hoard them.

But IceX if you're reading this... please stop increasing the prices on things and give us the sales again icon_cry.gif I promise to ask more people to play the game...
    And I won't be spend the 100 dollars I said I would upgrading my Rag red to 5 like I mentioned in the other thread, you want the 100 dollars don't you icon_e_wink.gif
  • While you're at it, why not start the power cap at 1 and charge 50 HP for the first 5 increases, 100 HP for the next 5 and 200 HP for the last 3.

As is, people who find covers get to train for free!
  • Sooty wrote:
    It's currently too easy to train a character after you get one cover, and it's making the random cover packs pretty worthless. 1.5k HP could be acceptable, but 2k HP seems more in the correct ballpark since you're 100% getting the upgrade you want with no risk.
    icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gif

better hope IceIX can read internet sarcasm icon_razz.gif

was thinking pricing of guaranteed spidey at 1400 was out of whack now. it used to be 1250 train upgrade, 1100 gamble on guaranteed 3* char pack. that made sense as you paid 150 premium to get the one you wanted for sure if you had at least 1 cover.

now its pay 150 *less* ot get the one you want for sure... seems 1400 only makes sense if you have 0 covers of an ability you want.

Hesitant to say something though for fear that the diablo3 (d3? icon_razz.gif) approach of "and we doubled it" might be used on train costs ^^ train costs are one of the last things i feel are somewhat in line at 2*,3* but 2500 for 4* still seems a bit nuts. still waiting for the day that my 24th cover will cost less than 300, still have not purchased a cover slot since that increase was made.
  • Catalyst wrote:
    still waiting for the day that my 24th cover will cost less than 300, still have not purchased a cover slot since that increase was made.

Based on IceIX's comments in the General Discussion thread -- not going to happen. They saw a drop off initially, but it went back up. The simple fact is that if you have covers that you need a slot for you have no choice -- either buy a slot or trash the cover.

And that slot is only 50 more than it used to be. My 28th slot was 400, which is a 100 increase; 29th will also be 400 (which I'll have to purchase for whatever character comes out after Invisible Woman).
  • seeing as how when we complained about the high cost of cover slots they raised them, maybe this will help to lower the training costs! icon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gif
  • This thread gave me cancer.