Tekken

Options
Unknown
edited April 2014 in General Discussion
Anybody here play Tekken Tag Tournament 2 or Tekken Revolution? It's a 3-d fighting game instead of the regular 2-d, so it's a lot different than most other fighting games. Just wanted to see if I can relate to somebody on these forums.

Comments

• I used to play TR. Thought about picking up TTT2 but I don't actually like tag mechanics. I'll wait for the next Tekken.

I'm old school and used Michelle and Yoshi. Lei is okay too. Since they weren't in TR, I went with Lili until I unlocked Alisa. Now I pretty much only use Alisa.

I stopped playing because it became way too grindy to unlock new characters. I kinda wanted to try out the new vampire girl but way too lazy to earn gift points.

Who do you use?
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I play tekken... Card tournament.
    :p
  • I got into Tekken 6 a while back... Lee was my guy, dat snap kick!
  • Paul is currently my main. He was my childhood favorite so I stuck with him lol. I got TT2 after I got tired of the 5 coin system in TR, so I made yoshimitsu my secondary in TT2, but dropped him after a while, so I'm currently learning heihachi and his ewgf. I used to play card tournament too lol.
  • Puritas
    Options
    they're doing a major update to Tekken card (scheduled for tomorrow)
    But it was also scheduled for Jan 1, Jan 31, Feb 7, Feb 28, March 15
    So they may welch out again

But costume pieces and hwoarang hooray

Upon which I will promptly ragequit ling and switch to hwoarang
    just like the old Tekken 3 days in arcades
  • Puritas wrote:
    they're doing a major update to Tekken card (scheduled for tomorrow)
    But it was also scheduled for Jan 1, Jan 31, Feb 7, Feb 28, March 15
    So they may welch out again

But costume pieces and hwoarang hooray

Upon which I will promptly ragequit ling and switch to hwoarang
    just like the old Tekken 3 days in arcades

Sixth times the charm I guess lol. I'll probably download it again if I have the space since it was pretty fun.
  • Is that game any good? I kinda avoided it because the 3d graphics made it look like a huge battery drainer.
  • Is that game any good? I kinda avoided it because the 3d graphics made it look like a huge battery drainer.

Yes it is. It's different and involves luck and planning. It could take up a lot of your time by how much you need to be invested in it to get a good deck, which you could only improve through trial and error. It does drain the battery, but slower than I expected it too.
  • Puritas
    Options
    Battery use isn't too bad

also the update got delayed again looooooooool surprise surprise

if you start playing it let me know, there's a lot of newbie mistakes I can help you avoid
    i.e. playing ling or yoshi
  • Lol. I've been using Paul and have a few good cards in my deck, but before I stopped playing a while ago, I remember Ling and Yoshi being the most abused ones with their cards abilities. I don't if that has changed, but I used to hate fighting them.
  • Hmm, I'm tempted. What's the time commitment like? Can't be worse than mpq, right?
  • It mostly depends on how much you like it. It takes up a lot of time if you want to become decent in it.
  • Puritas
    Options
    Hmm, I'm tempted. What's the time commitment like? Can't be worse than mpq, right?

if you want to be a top 200 player
    about $200 or ~4-5 months of f2p
    can be a little less if you know what you're doing beforehand and miss out on noob mistakes

top play is kinda stressful though, it's a lot of fun when you're just starting out and putting together your collection and figuring out deck builds

only tournaments are weekly things with 1 fight per week! minimum requirement , so the time commitment is as much or as little as you put into it