Reinforcements Tournament

1235»

Comments

  • Zathrus wrote:
    Damnit, got hit in the last minute for 33 points... knocked me down to 983. #1 and #2 have 984. But that was the ONLY retaliation for the last couple of hours.

    It's not so much that I wanted the Wolvy cover as I didn't want the Loki covers. Would've rather had the BW covers. Oh well.

    if it's any consolation you came up in my lists for the final 5 min of the match but decided to give you a pass since I knew you from forums and figured you might be in your own race for top 1. Also a good chance you might be online to retaliate icon_razz.gif

    finished 1st in my bracket and now the owner of 1/0/0 wolvie.
  • I hit 1400 and placed number 1. Finally got my red xforce. I see the hawk eye tournament gives another red xforce. Don't think the weekend is enough time to get to 1400 this time though.
  • dmendro wrote:
    I hit 1400 and placed number 1. Finally got my red xforce. I see the hawk eye tournament gives another red xforce. Don't think the weekend is enough time to get to 1400 this time though.

    How the hell did you hit 1400? I couldn't find anybody to attack that even had 1100.
  • It took all week. The last 200 was 1 pt a battle. There were very few over 1100, and only 2 over 1200.
  • I went for progression then dropped to 26-50 for the widow covers. Fun tourney, had some crazy combos with environment tiles.
  • I was going for BW, quit early and STILL ended up with Loki. Geez. Lol. I was sure I'd get attacked at least a couple of times with time left on the clock.

    Man, literally EVERY time I went to play a match during the last 2 hours of work tonight, I fought your team haha. I'm imagining that Raggy/Wolvie combo is pretty devastating for offense. Not very scary on defense, but I had one fight where the first move got your team 24 red, 18 green, and 200 environmental (just for the scary colors). Teach me your cascading ways icon_razz.gif

    Edit: Couldn't find anyone over 900, then my VERY last match was a 1200 worth 43 points. Talk about a lucky top 2 finish.
  • SpoitSpoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh I saw your team dslyexic. Don't remember if I actually fought it, or if that was after the part where I was just not bothering to try to fall into the 26-50 bracket
  • dmendro wrote:
    It took all week. The last 200 was 1 pt a battle. There were very few over 1100, and only 2 over 1200.

    so what was your team that had nobody attack you for 60 pts each? Was it wolv/rag/IM? I would still attack that if it meant 60 pts lol
  • I went in shooting for the two Widows, but then i looked at my current widow, and I already have almost maxed her as it is (4 Blue 3 Purple) because I placed first in the tourney that gave her away the first time and the venom awards, and I don't have Loki, so I decided to go for him. I was in the top ten for most of the tourney, and int he last hour had to struglle to try and keep that pole placement. Only to be knocked into the top 25 in the last 2 min icon_e_sad.gif
  • Loved this tournament, actually got some sleep on a Friday night for once icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Top 50, thanks to the two people who attacked me overnight - I was a bit worried because I was 20th when I went to bed, and I hadn't had many attacks during the tournament. My Balck Widow is now 3/3/0 !
  • Skyedyne wrote:
    I'm up all night to get Loki.
    I lol'd.
  • Top 100 finish and owner of a 3/3/0 original widow now. That's all i wanted. Time, that her third skill gets implemented.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    JohnduBois wrote:
    Ended up greyed out for ten of the final fifteen minutes and got stuck in the top 10. Not sure if I'd have hit the 984 Zathrus was talking about, but I got to 950 or so missing at least three matches...

    When that happens, just keep toggling between the PROLOGUE and FEATURED tabs on the menu. It will come back.
    Yep, did that for ten minutes with no results. Even force quit the app and restarted my iPad.
  • Humphrey wrote:
    Skyedyne wrote:
    I'm up all night to get Loki.
    I lol'd.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XYIeJn6L58
  • Easily fell in my target rank, Original Widow is now at 3/5/0.

    This was the most uneventful end of tourney I've seen. Other than a few retaliations early in the day, I didn't get attacked. At all. Like not once in the last 8 hours of the tournament. Granted, I had high level Cap, IM40, and Widow, all with high buffs. I guess that's what they call "defense".
  • I gathered most people wanted the Widow prize so I just purchased those covers with HP and went after the red wolvie cover, holding my breath at the end cause I really didn't want Loki.
  • Dslyexic wrote:
    I was going for BW, quit early and STILL ended up with Loki. Geez. Lol. I was sure I'd get attacked at least a couple of times with time left on the clock.

    Man, literally EVERY time I went to play a match during the last 2 hours of work tonight, I fought your team haha. I'm imagining that Raggy/Wolvie combo is pretty devastating for offense. Not very scary on defense, but I had one fight where the first move got your team 24 red, 18 green, and 200 environmental (just for the scary colors). Teach me your cascading ways icon_razz.gif

    Edit: Couldn't find anyone over 900, then my VERY last match was a 1200 worth 43 points. Talk about a lucky top 2 finish.

    You're exactly right. icon_lol.gif Wolvie's green ability amplifies Rag's red ability to about 1000+ damage per turn so offensively, they are great. I could take out opponent teams quicker and keep more health (Edit: That is, without using Spider-Man) than with any other team I'd ever used and honestly, Wolvie was just a trial and error teammate to see what kind of synergy he had with Rag. (He'd gotten leveled up for the last PvE event, so I decided it would be a waste not to use him in at least one PvP event. From now on, I'll probably stick to using him in PvE events. Heh.)

    Defensively, it was not a good option if I didn't want to have to have to battle constantly because sitting at between a score of between 800 and 1100 points, I was losing just as many points as I was gaining (plus some). icon_e_wink.gif Oh well.

    That's why I was so surprised that I didn't get knocked out of the Loki tiers.

    Rag is great for cascading and making critical tiles. I just hoard the red tiles. Plus, I'm sure you already know this but, there are at least a couple of 6 tile patterns that the AI never goes for and they give you extra turns and critical tiles. I'm always on the lookout for those. icon_mrgreen.gif (In the case of your particular match, I think the AI just got some lucky cascades and critical matches with environmental tiles thanks to the boosted IM40. icon_razz.gif)
Sign In or Register to comment.