Top Shot Tournament

Comments

• I was kinda flitting between and first and second in my bracket. I wanted IM40 more to be honest but getting first place just sounded like fun so I was happy either way. Squeezed by with 2nd so I'll take it! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • haha i lost first in the last minute. got hit by 4 guys at once icon_e_sad.gif

oh well, finished up my iron man now at least. except for the bajillion iso i still need to max level.
  • Wolverine status: 2/2/1 level cap 71 ... Still useless. It will take a really long time for this guy to catch up and beat the levels of 3*s that people are using.

Hint -- he's useless at maxed out powers too.

Made #1 easily enough. Wanted the 4* cover just for collection's sake, even though he's useless. Got hit a lot over the day but not at all in the last 5 minutes. Shrug. Just glad I didn't get knocked down since my IM40 is maxed out.

Ran 85 2* Wolverine, C Storm (now low 80s), and the throwaway. Much better combo than Thor/C Storm IMHO. The only danger you run is if the enemy hits you hard before you wear down their Storm (usually 3-4 rounds) or you get screwed and an environ tile is the ONLY match too early. Yes, that second one happened to me.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    Hint -- he's useless at maxed out powers too.

I'm hoping that they give him a buff at some point. What's the point of having 4*s if they suck.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    I managed to score second place. Funny thing was, I was going to avoid this tournament entirely and focus on red iso, but I started playing just to get the lower progression rewards. I must have landed in a brand-new bracket because after my first fight I was in fourth place. I needed the IM40 covers so I went for it. Slipped into 1st place a couple of times there at the end but managed to get back to 2nd place. Very happy right now.
  • uuddlrlr
    uuddlrlr Posts: 93 Match Maker
    urgh, just could not reach 800.
    well, I did, but got hit at the same time, to under 800 icon_e_sad.gif
  • Unknown
    edited December 2013
    Couldn't reach 800 either, got stuck in 5th from the MM only showing me 1-5 point matches. Still pretty happy with it.

Edit: Apparently I did hit 800 at the end, just clicked through too fast.
  • I just started this tournament for kicks with 1 hour and 4 minutes left on the clock for kicks and got a first place finish and hit 800 points just as the buzzer blew. icon_e_surprised.gif

My Hawkeye and Bullseye are good on covers but, haven't been leveled up one iota because I never use them. I was sure I was going to get my butt handed to me on a platter. icon_eek.gif
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    uuddlrlr wrote:
    urgh, just could not reach 800.
    well, I did, but got hit at the same time, to under 800 icon_e_sad.gif
    I wasted the rest of my red iso health packs getting to 800 like 6 times before it took....Which got me a blue hawkeye modern icon_e_sad.gif

And then I did one forfeit too many and overshot 2nd place (not that I'm sure that the 3rd yellow IM40 would have actually been helpful)
  • Generating blue with IM40 is pretty useful if you have a stunner on your team.

The highest i reached was 900 TP and for the 800 TP Heroic Token I got a yellow 2* Wolvie....

I was running C.Storm/Thor/Throwaway cuz that's the only 2 I have maxed and fit in perfectly for this tourney, I snuck in one last match at the 1:xx mark and won with 8xx ish TP
  • Geez, nobody was playing this tournement it would seem. I started late and attacked once just to start a bracket and get a few of the progress rewards. Came back 30-40 min before tournement end and saw at sub-200 pts or so I was still top 70-80 in my bracket. Said what the heck and just attacked ppl for about 30-40 min solid. Ended up with a top 5. And only that because I was actively trying to get the ironman 40 and slowed down near the end so as not to greatly surpass first. Yet again showing that minimal effort in the waning min of a PvP is all you need to win.

Now to go back to grinding up the red ISO tournement (so...boring...) to make up for a few thousand worth of missed days because of holiday stuff. Hadn't played the first, nice to see them have some story element to it..even if most want to skip lo
    Also, pretty stoked that I went 3/3 on purple spidey covers. Just the tournement and packs from it I turned a 1 cover spidey into a 2/1/3. Still not worth leveling imo but just means I need a few blue covers now.
  • I really liked the tournament format in general, but I'm a little bit sad that everybody only used the default characters. Seems like I was the only one with a level 70 Hawkeye competing. Did not run in opponents higher then level 30. He is in my opinion a really strong character but I fear the tournament did little to promote him
  • Was anyone at rank 51-75? Did you guys get the ${Hero Points} prize - was it infinite number of HP?
  • It was a nice idea but the prizes were lame and it finished at 5am so I flipped the bird to the hawk and played sleep quest. Can't remember the last time I felt this fresh on a monday!! icon_e_wink.gif
  • Seemed a very quiet tournament, I got up to 900 in the rewards and then went to bed (EU player). I woke up the next morning and find I still placed in the top 10 somehow?
  • Actually saw you a couple of times, recognized you from the forum so didn't hit you at all.

I hit someone called JayN upwards of 5 times though. Not sure if there was a bug, I only had 4 guys to scroll through last night.
  • Actually saw you a couple of times, recognized you from the forum so didn't hit you at all.

I hit someone called JayN upwards of 5 times though. Not sure if there was a bug, I only had 4 guys to scroll through last night.

I see you all the time icon_e_biggrin.gif Are you from SG icon_mad.gif
  • Yes, I am. Are you too? Aiolia is from Singapore too icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Mommson wrote:
    I really liked the tournament format in general, but I'm a little bit sad that everybody only used the default characters. Seems like I was the only one with a level 70 Hawkeye competing. Did not run in opponents higher then level 30. He is in my opinion a really strong character but I fear the tournament did little to promote him

Because C Storm makes using the default beneficial.

And I still don't think M Hawkeye is a strong character. The high level ones I battled were just as easy to kill as the L6 ones. Part of that is the AI being stupid, but more of it is that his skills are just not strong, and Avoid is actually a drawback now.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    Mommson wrote:
    I really liked the tournament format in general, but I'm a little bit sad that everybody only used the default characters. Seems like I was the only one with a level 70 Hawkeye competing. Did not run in opponents higher then level 30. He is in my opinion a really strong character but I fear the tournament did little to promote him

Because C Storm makes using the default beneficial.

And I still don't think M Hawkeye is a strong character. The high level ones I battled were just as easy to kill as the L6 ones. Part of that is the AI being stupid, but more of it is that his skills are just not strong, and Avoid is actually a drawback now.
    He's the most damaging 2-star character, AP cost-wise. His problem is the same as most other 2-stars: Thor is better.