*** Human Torch (Classic) ***

Comments

• over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Torch seems pretty useful in negating Patch's strength on green. How can you put down your green strike tiles if every green tile is taken by a tinykitty special tile?
  • millrus wrote:
    Hey guys I've been trying out Torch and I'm thinking we have a winner here,his green I'd say is his best. I currently have him at 48 and aiming to max. Here's what he's at so far

Covers R3 B2 G5
    1797 health, red 27/black 24/green 21 tile damage.

Flame Jet (green): 5 AP, creates a green countdown that deals 14 damage for every green AP the team has, up to 126. Tiles cost 1 green AP per turn.
    94 damage/ap,842max

Well, that's the 5-cover green - anyone seen a 5-cover black so we know if there's any "twists" in the last couple of covers?
  • locked wrote:
    Torch seems pretty useful in negating Patch's strength on green. How can you put down your green strike tiles if every green tile is taken by a tinykitty special tile?

I feel like the bigger threat would be "OHGODJEEBUS THOSE PURPLE STRIKE TILES ARE PROCCING ON THAT STUPID GREEN COUNTDOWN TILE"
  • I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but the flaw with his green is there is no minimum damage. So if you have no green AP you get nothing.
  • kevind722 wrote:
    I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but the flaw with his green is there is no minimum damage. So if you have no green AP you get nothing.

yeah so its probably not a good idea to team up with a hero that uses the green tiles for moves as well such as modern storm. I usually stack up greens for a while then use the move then keep stack up greens again when i can so the green works. Thats all I have sadly since i wont be able to level him up for a while.
  • Ballpark max level stats:
    5075 health (same as BWGS)
    ~2800 red damage
    ~200 attack tile damage
    ~200 damage per green, max of 1500

Based on Jachdo (4/2/4) and Colognoisseur (5/4/4), we have some updated information for max stats.

Known: abilities don't change as you level up covers (same number of red tiles destroyed, black attack tiles, 30% ap drain, AP cost, etc.)

Interpolated:
    Red: 2850 max damage
    Black: 194 damage per tile
    Green: 228 damage/AP, 2047 max

Daken is going to be Torch's best buddy -- covers green and black, makes strike tiles for triple-dipping, doesn't use blue/purple/yellow AP, doesn't compete on green.
  • Basically, if you save up 14 green, you can lay down his green ability for about 7000 HP damage over the following 5 rounds (without having to match anymore green).

If you have someone like Lazy Thor, you can use his Yellow to whip it back up and increase the damage output. Although, there's a good chance it might take out the tile.

I like it.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    This is terribly inappropriate but HE'SONFIRE!'s art looks as if he's being tortured and it turns me on :[
  • I really can't figure out how I'd want to build him, or who I'd want to pair him with. On one hand, going 5/3/5 with Hood would be pretty slick, but your team would be a complete pushover on defense. On the other hand, you could go 5/5/3 and pair him with Thor, but then I'd imagine the AI would be using Thor's red instead of HT's on defense. Can't figure out what to make of it. As for a third, well, usually whoever the featured character is, but if given the option, probably just throw in Magneto for some solid purple / blue skills.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm thinking something like Hood/LazyDaken/HT would be pretty good. Not sure what he fits with currently though.
  • If Lazydaken only has two skills, I'm not going to consider him worth squat, since he'll be unable to tank for HT beyond green. If he has 3 skills though, it'll be heavily worth considering. Just hope it isn't a passive.
  • Kamahl_FoK wrote:
    I really can't figure out how I'd want to build him, or who I'd want to pair him with.

The same characters we pair with every night, Pinky. Hood, Punisher, and cMags

(Punisher seems like an awesome Torchbuddy - tanks his green and black, paired the AI will tend to use Judgement and Inferno if it can, which is great. You hope the AI will use Fireball but Retribution is all right too)
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    gamar wrote:
    Kamahl_FoK wrote:
    I really can't figure out how I'd want to build him, or who I'd want to pair him with.

The same characters we pair with every night, Pinky. Hood, Punisher, and cMags

(Punisher seems like an awesome Torchbuddy - tanks his green and black, paired the AI will tend to use Judgement and Inferno if it can, which is great. You hope the AI will use Fireball but Retribution is all right too)

Pinky and the Brain reference for the win!!
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    locked wrote:
    This is terribly inappropriate but HE'SONFIRE!'s art looks as if he's being tortured and it turns me on :[
    Hmmm, I think McHottie's cover is rather pretty, save for the fact that he looks like someone peeled off his skin.

Also, his stat-page pose looks like he's saying "Yeah, I dunno how to turn it off, either, bro.", which amuses me.

More on topic, Hulk for tanking/green generation and CMags for even more strike tile abuse seem like good Torchbuddies. Dakenator's strike tiles, though, would indeed be killer with Flame Jet.
  • Kamahl_FoK wrote:
    I really can't figure out how I'd want to build him, or who I'd want to pair him with. On one hand, going 5/3/5 with Hood would be pretty slick, but your team would be a complete pushover on defense. On the other hand, you could go 5/5/3 and pair him with Thor, but then I'd imagine the AI would be using Thor's red instead of HT's on defense. Can't figure out what to make of it. As for a third, well, usually whoever the featured character is, but if given the option, probably just throw in Magneto for some solid purple / blue skills.

Magneto is ALWAYS the right choice brother. E Pluribus Unum, In Mags we trust.
  • If you have strike tiles and no green AP with his green CD out, does it still do damage?
  • Phantron wrote:
    If you have strike tiles and no green AP with his green CD out, does it still do damage?

Just checked, no it does not.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kamahl_FoK wrote:
    If Lazydaken only has two skills, I'm not going to consider him worth squat, since he'll be unable to tank for HT beyond green. If he has 3 skills though, it'll be heavily worth considering. Just hope it isn't a passive.

Who cares if a guy has 3 passives, just look at it as free spells. Daken for example has almost the same ability as Wolverine except instead of costing 6 green to do some damage and put out strike tiles based on red, someone matches Green and you get strike tiles for free which are almost the same in strength value. So is giving up the ability to do direct damage for 6AP worth being able to get free strike tiles of the same value by having anyone match green?
  • HailMary wrote:
    Hulk for tanking/green generation and CMags for even more strike tile abuse seem like good Torchbuddies.

Wait, this team doesn't have any strike tiles... what am I missing?
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    HailMary wrote:
    Hulk for tanking/green generation and CMags for even more strike tile abuse seem like good Torchbuddies.

Wait, this team doesn't have any strike tiles... what am I missing?

They're all in Latveria! icon_lol.gif