Thoughts on the next PvE?

I'm thinking that gold star Daken will be the reward for the next PvE but what event will it be? I doubt it will be a new episode but that would be cool. I think the hunt or heroic mode for Dark Avengers is gonna be the event but idk. Any one else want to offer any insight?

Comments

• TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    I would speculate the next new story chapter may be Latverian based, with Doom as the Big Bad and Human Torch, Magneto (NOW!) & Psylocke having speaking roles in it.
    (Human Torch because Doom is a Fantastic Four villain primarily.)

But if the next PvE event were something recycled, I think The Hunt: Daken would be a good way to introduce a villain
  • KaioShinDE
    KaioShinDE Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    I'm not sure they do two reruns in a row.

But anyway, we could list random names of past and future pvE events all day and each would be equally likely. What kind of "insight" do you expect us to have?
  • something that isnt as bad as the currently pve
  • I believe I've read a mention of Episode 4.5 before. What that could be, I have no idea, but it's new content.
    One thing we can be sure off, is Human Torch will play a major role.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    If the next one is against Doom, expect lots of node requiring Invisible Woman, Human Torch, or both. icon_e_wink.gif Other than c Hawkeye and Bagman, IW is my lowest ranking character. I should get at least one Human Torch cover tonight, so he'll be my new lowest ranking character.
  • KaioShinDE wrote:
    I'm not sure they do two reruns in a row.

But anyway, we could list random names of past and future pvE events all day and each would be equally likely. What kind of "insight" do you expect us to have?

I'm trying to remember what the last few events were, but I think we did The Hunt 2.5 re-run, Heroic Juggernaut, Simulator, and now Red ISO re-run.

My guess is that they do another Heroic version of an episode to re-introduce Daken. I'd think it would be either the Oscorp or Dark Avengers episodes since those are ones he appears in and they've already done Heroic Juggernaut.
  • Teke184 wrote:
    My guess is that they do another Heroic version of an episode to re-introduce Daken. I'd think it would be either the Oscorp or Dark Avengers episodes since those are ones he appears in and they've already done Heroic Juggernaut.

Heroic Oscorp has already been done too, so maybe Dark Avengers may be a good guess
  • If the next one is against Doom, expect lots of node requiring Invisible Woman, Human Torch, or both. icon_e_wink.gif Other than c Hawkeye and Bagman, IW is my lowest ranking character. I should get at least one Human Torch cover tonight, so he'll be my new lowest ranking character.
    I would be quite pleased if they had a couple of "IW required" nodes. We haven't seen that since the original Hulk, I think. Or even buff her. It would make me feel better about getting her up to level 71. =P

Still not sure I'd play her, but at least it'd be fun to see her get some attention.
  • She's rare enough that I hope they don't make her required for any nodes.
  • I'd like to see a re-run of Thick as Thieves with better scaling system. The original run was infamous for its brutal scaling. Probably won't be next since we just had a re-run, but maybe after next new PvE.
  • I'm happy to see any pve pop up.

But of course I'm hoping for episode 4.5 and the release of Gold or Platinum or whatever Daken.
  • Heroic Mode of Venom has been announced.
  • *prophetic voice* I think it'll be ah... Heroic Venom.
  • I'm ready. I just reached for torch just to have an easier time of getting daken. Then it's back to the shadows of low rank for me for a time until the next character that I really want comes out. Bring on Gold Daken!